Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 20th, 2004, 08:19 PM
Admiral

Default American Idol

Yo yo yo dawg! Props to Seahunks for guessing that John Stevens would sing "Mandy"!

I used to like that guy but I think he'll be out this week. His performance was weak compared to the others. George Huff didn't do well, either, which surprises me, but he's normally a great singer so he must have had an off night.

Cheers,
Michelle P.

Sponsored Links
Old April 20th, 2004, 08:30 PM
Pea

Default Re: American Idol

I'd predict the John, George and Diana will go down to the seal.

Pea
Old April 20th, 2004, 09:31 PM
Admiral

Tooooo much information. I'm on the Left Coast and won't see A.I. for another half hour. That's okay I too thought Mandy would be his song choice. I made a small wager on it in fact. I should have bet more! Golly Gee!
Old April 21st, 2004, 05:24 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: American Idol

I only got to see the first one sing since we had problems with all the kids and turned off the TV to have a heated discussion. The first one did an excellent job btw!

Old April 21st, 2004, 06:10 AM
SarahJ

Diana did an excellent job. I didn't like the song but she had the most difficult song and pulled it off!
Old April 21st, 2004, 07:09 AM
First Mate

I think John is leavin...but he may go places in the future he is a good crooner.....I cannot stand Fantasia..there is just something about her,I like LaToya...So who's your favourite??
Old April 21st, 2004, 07:22 AM
TexCroozer

LaToya is awesome! What a class act. Fantasia is TOO ghetto!
Old April 21st, 2004, 07:26 AM
Cruise Maniac

Fantasia reminds me of Macy Gray - I just can't get into her at all. John Stevens definitely has to go - I like his voice, but he just isn't the "American Idol." I like LaToya and Jasmine though I was surprised she didn't have a flower in her hair last night.

Melissa

02/13/05 Carnival Miracle
12/27/03 Carnival Triumph
02/15/03 Carnival Inspiration

Old April 21st, 2004, 08:10 AM
Pea

If George doesn't get his act back together soon, we are going to have an all female top three. Fantasia, LaToya and Jennifer are such strong singers, the rest are in a different league.

Diana many times is technically good. But she is just missing something. You could take a recording of a song she did last night and put a cardboard cutout of her on the stage in place of her live person and the performance wouldn't have been any different. That's why her nickname is R2Di2.

Pea
Old April 21st, 2004, 08:45 AM
Admiral

I think the final three will be the three women and deservedly so. I thought last night Jennifer Hudson was the best of the lot. Last week Fantasia was by far the finest performance. Her version of Summertime was amazing.
Old April 21st, 2004, 08:53 AM
Admiral

I sure hope John goes tonight. He just doesn't have it.

I was surprised how poorly George did. Fortunately his performances have been good in the past. I just like his personality and think he has enough talent to go on to bigger things.

I also think the 3 girls will or should be in the final 3. LaToya, Fantasia and Jennifer. LaToya is a very class act, Fantasia can handle just about anything and Jennifer is right in there with them. They all have what it takes, and I have really enjoyed their performances. I don't always like the style or the arrangements, but these girls are the best IMHO.

Phyll

Old April 21st, 2004, 09:28 AM
CF

I have to agree with the consensus of the 3 girls going to the end. Simon is correct when he says that John and Diana are just too young. Afterall, they are only 16. They should maybe think of 18 as a minimum age for the next round. I think John can do well in the future, but he needs to start modeling himself after Harry Connick and not Sinatra. Connick has a more modern sound.
Old April 21st, 2004, 09:41 AM
Cruise Maniac

The red haired kid will probably go next. He just doesn't have what it takes. Perhaps he'll do better as he matures and finds his style. jasmine and Diana did so much better this week - good for them. George's style just didn't work with the Barry Manilow music - I hope he has a chance to do better next week.
Old April 21st, 2004, 09:52 AM
Passenger

I like the three ladies too, but since I am from NC I am pulling for Fantastic Fantasia!
Old April 21st, 2004, 08:32 PM
First Mate

Is anyone else picking themselves up off the floor? I can not believe tonights results!

Old April 21st, 2004, 11:43 PM
SharB

Help!
I couldn't watch it tonight. What happened?
Old April 21st, 2004, 11:55 PM
First Mate

OMG, I was jumping up and down on the bed when he told George to go to the wining group and then told him that he went to the wrong group and the 3 ladies was the bottom 3 for this week. Unbelievable!!!!

Old April 22nd, 2004, 06:04 AM
Admiral

I can not beleave that Jennier got voted off. I was thinking either George or Dianna.... Man Was I wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Carnival Celebration 94
Carnival Fantsy 96
Old April 22nd, 2004, 07:18 AM
Cruise Maniac

It seems to me that people are voting the opposite of what the judges think. The judges thought all three ladies in the bottom three last night were the best, and they didn't have much good to say about John and George.

Jennifer didn't do a very good job on Tuesday night, but I think she is overall better than Fantasia. Did you see the look on Jennifer's face when she realized she was in the bottom three - she looked totally pissed off.

I definitely think one of the women will win this thing in the end.

Melissa

02/13/05 Carnival Miracle
12/27/03 Carnival Triumph
02/15/03 Carnival Inspiration

Old April 22nd, 2004, 07:42 AM
Admiral

Wow, I am shocked. Shocked! I was sure that John Stevens, Diana, or George would be out this week. Just goes to show the power of 1000 teenyboppers dialing over and over and over to support their favorite, whether or not that person is the best singer.

Not too heartbroken over Jennifer's exit, though, she shouted a bit much for me.

Cheers,
Michelle P.

Old April 22nd, 2004, 08:25 AM
Admiral

Fantasia said it all when she said, "Jennifer, you're my American Idol." Jennifer was a great addition to the mix. I feel stunned by the stupidity of the American public.

Here is a good case for limiting each caller to one vote. That may be difficult to do, but clearly the image of "American Idol" has been diminished.
Old April 22nd, 2004, 01:50 PM
Yeoman

i cannot believe that the red head is still on the show --he is by far the weakest and yet he keeps hanging on by his thoumbs -- i would hate to see his familys telephone bill
Old April 22nd, 2004, 06:46 PM
First Mate

Did anyone get any work done today? My office was buzzing all day long with chatter about AI. I am still stunned at last night's show. It feels kind of like I've been cheated out of something so I can just imagine how the three "divas" feel. Regardless of why, like Chuck said, I think the show has changed forever for many of us. But will I tune in again ...... probably so.

Take care everyone and let's vote next week!

Glenn