Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 24th, 2004, 10:49 AM
Admiral

Default Poll: Cruise Nostalgia

Have you ever considered cruising again on the first ship you ever cruised on, just for old times' sake?

(Of course, this question doesn't apply if your first ship isn't sailing anymore.)

Yesterday we were talking about taking the Jubilee again, for fun... but then we decided against it because it just couldn't live up to our first cruise.

Cheers,
Michelle P.

Sponsored Links
Old April 24th, 2004, 11:41 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Poll: Cruise Nostalgia

Yes, and we had the Enchantment booked for September. I call her my first love But the Caribbean Princess deal was dropped in my mail box and I could not resist such awesome deal. So we cancelled RCCL......

Old April 24th, 2004, 11:47 AM
SarahJ

My first cruise was on a Carnival Fantasy class of ship.

My next cruise was on a different line and I realized I never wanted to go back to a Fantasy class ship again. I may go back on Carnival but I really don't like the Fantasy class ships. 15 cruises later, I have loved every ship but the Fantasy.
Old April 24th, 2004, 12:17 PM
Admiral

Oh I wish I could...I think Captain Christopher Columbus decommissioned her though. Not really… I wouldn’t step foot on the Brittaness if you paid me. My first cruise, with DW, was horrible. I don’t recall any names of the ships that I had sailed with my parents. At that age I had other things on my mind. But, I can remember the names of the girls I met on board when sailing with my parents.

and laughing is contagious,
here’s hoping for an epidemic!
Old April 24th, 2004, 01:27 PM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

I am of the same mind as Sarah J..............my first cruise was on the Fantasy and I really did not like it at all. My second cruise (8 1/2 years later) was on the Sea Princess and that is the ship that I fell in love with and hooked me on cruising. And yes, I did repeat the Sea Princess - it was just as good as the first time around.

Old April 24th, 2004, 08:44 PM
Admiral

Haven't thought of booking again, but when we sailed last summer on the Legend out of N.Y. and our "First ship" the Nordic Empress was berthed right next door, well, it was an emotional reunion! But I'm too anxious to try new ships, so our quest continues....

donna

Old April 25th, 2004, 11:32 AM
Parrot Mom

Actually we did last year. By accident the first ship we ever cruised was the NCL Seaward, their first year...It seems according to our then cruise agent(South Florida Cruises) our ship was taken out of the water. As it turns out last year we cruised the NCL Sea/ward to Bermuda North... the service wasn't as elegant with white gloves but the ship and crew have a big heart.. The NCL Seaward introduced us to cruising and I've been cruising every since.
Old April 26th, 2004, 09:17 AM
Captain

Yes I would and I did. My first cruise was on the Independence cruising Hawaii. I did not care for Hawaii but 10 years after our first cruise I went back to Hawaii just to cruise on the Independence. I still didn't care for Hawaii but loved sailing on the Independence again. If the Independence ever sails again I would be glad to go back on her.
Old April 26th, 2004, 07:06 PM
dee-lynn

my hubby and I did our first cruise in March-April of this year and am still quite homesick for the Brilliance of the Seas. that being said...I don't think any cruise we go on from now on will ever begin to compare to our first cruise. Mainly because it was our first cruise and there were so many firsts. our first sail-away, our first theatre production, our first meal. But the question was...would i ever sail my first cruise ship again??? Yes...a 1,000,000,000,000 times Y-E-S!!!
Old April 26th, 2004, 10:32 PM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to belgique

Sailed on the Vistafjord, now the Caronia, when she was with Norwegian American Lines in the 70's. I thought she was the biggest ship in the world. Years later I saw her berthed next to a Costa ship in Genoa and realized she's really a pretty small ship - looked like a tender next to the Costa ship.

I would cruise on her again in a heartbeat - wonderful memories!
Old April 27th, 2004, 07:40 PM
Admiral

I've only sailed on one ship twice and that was the "Veendam."

That was because of itinerary, not nostalgia. We liked the Veendam but had major criticisms on both cruises. But we still had wonderful trips even with the imperfections.