Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 27th, 2004, 11:15 AM
First Mate
Default First Time European Cruise

Getting ready to book a Northern European cruise for next summer and I was just wondering if anyone had any advice for cruising in this region? I'm not really concerned about the weather, just things like: money exchange, customs, anything you wish you had known before going, things like that. It leaves from Harwich, England and stops in Norway; Denmark, Sweden, Findland, Russia, Estonia and then back to England and then a 5 day land tour in London, and Paris.
Any advice or information will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Happy Cruising.......Anita
Sponsored Links
Old April 27th, 2004, 11:55 AM
Default Re: First Time European Cruise

It is mandatory to take an official surrogate with you, to handle all these matters for you. And its your lucky day…I know an excellent surrogate…that would be me…you get the tickets and I’ll get packed and ready.

Sea Ya,
If a grin is transmittable,
and laughing is contagious,
here’s hoping for an epidemic!
Old April 27th, 2004, 12:04 PM
First Mate
Default Re: Re: First Time European Cruise

Be careful what you wish for; my husband doesn't have the love of cruising in him, like I do, and I'm always threatening to leave him at home with the dogs.
Happy Cruising.....Anita
Old April 27th, 2004, 12:41 PM
Default Re: First Time European Cruise

After experiencing rough weather on the Atlantic, I'd suggest you be concerned about the weather. It greatly affected our crossing on the Atlantic. We took a similar cruise you're talking about and it's fantastic.