CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   OT: American Idol (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/268409-ot-american-idol.html)

ssatterly April 27th, 2004 08:04 PM

OT: American Idol

Fantasia's got to go..... Diana was really great tonight I think.... Latoya 2nd best I loved Latoyas Dress...

And was that jennier siging back up tonight?

SarahJ April 27th, 2004 08:14 PM

Re: OT: American Idol

I am trying to vote for Diana and the phone line is busy. LaToya second, George 3rd.

John Stevens has got to go, then Fantasia.

ssatterly April 27th, 2004 08:15 PM

Unfortunatly John is liked to much to go. I think it will be either Fantasia or George tonight to go. But John and Latinn music DO NOT MIX.

rollerdonna April 27th, 2004 08:36 PM

John and ANYTHING don't mix!

donna

Phyllbo April 27th, 2004 08:43 PM

You got that right, Donna. LOL

Tonight wasn't a great night for any of them. Doesn't seem to matter though. I enjoy the show, but the voting is really goofy.

Phyll

ssatterly April 27th, 2004 08:45 PM

can't get through to vote due to all the little teenage girls voteing over and over and over agin.

Pea April 27th, 2004 09:00 PM

It was a horrible night performance wise. I think LaToya was the best. At least she got into the latin beat and moved around...more of the white folks did. John and Jasmine were extremely of key...I couldn't believe the judges thought Jasmine sounded good. I think they will think differently after they see it at home.

Aside from Latoya I would say Fantasia, George and Diana were about equal. I listen through my home theater system, and it sure makes a difference.

Who I'd like to see on the seal: John and Jasmine. For the third, anybody else but LaToya would do for me.

Pea

rollerdonna April 27th, 2004 09:20 PM

I always thought Fantasia was the best singer/performer, but not tonight! LaToya outshone everybody, but Diana was surprisingly good. George just seems to have lost his touch, and as for John, would someone tell me WHY he is still in this competition?

donna (who can't wait till Canadian Idol starts to air!)

ssatterly April 27th, 2004 09:22 PM

Not sure why he is musicly but I think people like his red hair. I know I do. I guess I have a thing for red heads ... Seeing how i have red hair too.... Thats all I can think of....

Pea April 27th, 2004 09:54 PM

I don't think it's the red hair...I think that he's a sweet kid. He's amazingly mature for his age and has taken everything thrown at him withput breaking down.

John would make a good crooner, like Harry Connick Jr. But, I really don't think anybody is doing him a favor by voting him through week after week, just cause they think he's cute. The popstar business will eat someone like him alive and spit him back out. And there won't be a thing he could do about it because he will be contractually obligated. Does anybody really think that if he did win AI that his record will sell? I don't think so...and it would be sad for a nice kid like him to be saddled with that kind of failure.

Yes, Clay had redhair...but he has talent also...widespread talent that appeals to many and he is an amazing performer. John needs to lie low and then in several years make an album of standards.

Pea

ssatterly April 27th, 2004 10:06 PM

You do have a point but the red hair does add to his cuteness. I know I tried to vote for him but I could not get through EVERY time I called it was busy. I agree with Simon I think he will make it to the next round but after that I am not so sure.

sue April 28th, 2004 05:02 AM

Re: Re: OT: American Idol

I don't know why John is there either. He is nice but does not have the talent. If we had to vote by niceness we would vote Simon offf right? LOL I actually like Simon because he is honest and tells it the way it is. Last night was bad again. I hope the voting will be okay tonight or I cancell the show for good.

Melisa April 28th, 2004 07:31 AM

I think John is still in because of teenage girls. He usually is singing ballads and love songs and they are probably all swooning over him. I like Jasmine, but thought she was not good last night - like Randy said - very pitchy. I can't stand Fantasia - sounds too much like Macy Gray - annoying. Latoya is very good, and I thought Diana's performance last night was good.

TexCroozer April 28th, 2004 08:07 AM

LATOYA is the best singer left in this competition. It boggles my mind how John is still around. Fantasia's voice works my last nerve! Diana showed she is still a contender and George is hanging in there by a thread! Jasmine is a pretty young thing!

MichelleP April 28th, 2004 08:24 AM

I think LaToya is the best singer. I tried to vote for her last night but the line was busy.

I didn't think any of the performances were very good, though. Even Diana was off-pitch quite a bit.

Cheers,
Michelle P.

Chuck Palm April 28th, 2004 08:48 AM

I thought they all were like "onions on Chocolate ice cream" last night. I hope next week is better. Gloria E. should have sung the songs last night.

LisaK April 28th, 2004 12:28 PM

on another side note, are any of you into country music and into watching "Nashville Star"? now that's a talent show! The contestants not only have to be able to sing, but the finalist are all musicians who play an instrument and they also have to be able to write and perform an "original composition". The judges are the top country radio DJ in Nashville, a recording company executive in charge of new talent and a country recording artist. My pick to win is George- fondly knows as the "Marlboro Man" - he wears that label very well.

Melisa April 29th, 2004 07:07 AM

So John got the boot last night. No big surprise. However, I just heard that next week is going to be big band songs. He would have done exceptional on that show as it is definitely his forte. Do you think AI planned it that way?

Chuck Palm April 29th, 2004 08:14 PM

I'm glad John is gone. He was off key even when the genre of song matched his abilities.

I think Jennifer Hudson is sorely missed.