CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   My first time(My Honeymoon) (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/268456-my-first-time-my-honeymoon.html)

summergirl04 April 30th, 2004 09:10 AM

My first time(My Honeymoon)

I am going on a cruise in late July to the Bahamas on Soveign of the Seas, Royal Caribbean, and I was wondering what are some fun things to do, and romantic since this will be our honeymoon? Any suggestions or must go see? One more thing, how much money should we take? I know you use a credit card but should we have some cash to bring for the souvenoirs on the islands? We'll be kinda tight with our money so just a ball park figure is fine. Thanks!!!

rollerdonna April 30th, 2004 09:42 AM

Re: My first time(My Honeymoon)

I have a suggestion for romance. I don't know about RCCL, but on Carnival, the hot tubs are open at night, and there's hardly anybody there. Nothing like a romantic evening in a relaxing hot tub, under the stars, out at sea - heaven!
Enjoy your cruise, and your honeymoon!

donna

trish1c April 30th, 2004 10:32 AM

Congratulations!

A nice stroll around the deck can be romantic.

Dancing is always fun.

The hot tub idea sounds great.

Order room service one day & have breakfast in bed.

Money is a personal issue depending on your spending habits
do you drink? gamble? buy souveniers? buy photographs? play bingo? want a spa service? want to go on excursions? I've read $100 per day seems to be the "average" if there is such a thing.

frankv1 April 30th, 2004 11:05 AM

congrats on your nuptuals ,as far as per day $100.00 is average .only you know if your average lol .you can also set up a prepaid honeymoon package for your room w/ champagne or canapes go to rccl website or call them. we are not newlyweds but i always pre order somthing for the wife to make her feel special enjoy yourself

LisaK April 30th, 2004 12:38 PM

what are your ports of call so that we may make some specific recommendations, please.
I don't know in RCCL does this but a couples massage is a great, sensual experience.

sandytoesrose April 30th, 2004 10:13 PM

Enjoy a glass of wine while watching the sunset from the deck....aaaaaahhhhhh.

summergirl04 May 3rd, 2004 09:02 AM

Our ports of call are Nassau and Cococay Island. Any help?

MichelleP May 3rd, 2004 09:11 AM

Re: Re: My first time(My Honeymoon)

I suggest you visit the Atlantis resort in Nassau. Here are a couple of Cruisemates articles that might help you:

Nosing Around Nassau

Nassau - Discovering Atlantis

Have a great cruise!

Cheers,
Michelle P.