CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   American Idol (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/268694-american-idol.html)

ssatterly May 18th, 2004 08:04 PM

American Idol

Let hope america gets it right tonight... Jasmine I am sorry but you need to go.... I really liked Dianna tonight.....

Chuck Palm May 18th, 2004 08:07 PM

Re: American Idol

I didn't see it yet (West Coast) but Jasmine should have gone bye bye several weeks ago I.M.H.O. I'm still hoping for Fantasia since Latoya and Jennifer are both gone.

rollerdonna May 18th, 2004 08:12 PM

I think Fantasia's got it, even if I don't like her style, she's got the talent.

donna

FirstCoastCruiser May 18th, 2004 08:26 PM

I gave up on the show last week ... I'm done. I wonder if the recent events have caused the show to slide in the ratings? At one time, it was pretty high up there every week. Fantasia was my earlier front-runner but the attitude soon swayed me to La Toya - always confident, secure, and a lady! I think that same attitude is what caused Jennifer's departure a few weeks ago. Whatever happens, we all know who the top three were. I guess we just didn't vote enough! <g>

Take care,

Glenn

sue May 19th, 2004 05:15 AM

Re: Re: American Idol

Glenn I am with you! After last weeks unbelievable vote I too have given up on this show. Something is very very wrong here! did not watch it last night and frankly I don't care anymore!

Chuck Palm May 19th, 2004 08:13 AM

After having seen the show, Fantasia should win hands down. No one else is even close unless the whole process is flawed, which it probably is given the voting issues.

MichelleP May 19th, 2004 09:02 AM

Fantasia is the best one left, which means that she will go home tonight. *sigh*

Cheers,
Michelle P.

LisaK May 19th, 2004 10:54 AM

they need to change the voting. It needs to be one vote per phone number, that would stop the "block voting" that is going on.

Pea May 19th, 2004 11:31 AM

I agree. They need to look down the voting. They did it on Last Comic Standing last year...3 phone votes, 3 internet votes (per email address).

Fantasia is the most talented and probably the only one out of the ones left that people (other than teeny-boppers) will buy the CD. Jasmine is able to get those votes because Hawaii has no competition for phone lines, due to the different time zone. The rest of us have to fight with the others in our time zones and most of the time get busy signals.

I have heard many people gripe about the voting, but when asked if they themselves voted, many they admit they did not. So, in reality, most of us have no one to blame but ourselves for the results.

I pray it will be a Fantasia/Diana final.

Pea

Valentina1209 May 19th, 2004 02:29 PM

Glenn, you spoke for me...I agree with everything you said.

I think the show lost credibility when Jennifer and Latoya were voted off and John the Redhead and Jasmine overstayed their welcome.

There's something about Fantasia's style and attitude that rubs me the wrong way (and no, it's not racism, as I was a huge supporter of Jennifer, George Huff and Latoya).

I tried voting for Diana non-stop last night and didn't get one call through...

anyway, just my 2 cents..

KTW36 May 19th, 2004 03:09 PM

I think Fantasia will win,but the other girl is TOO cute.

grannynanny May 19th, 2004 09:39 PM

A very strange thing happened last night with the voting...could NOT get through on my 2
home phone numbers (this was at about 10:30). I WAS able to continuously get thru on my cell phone. Voted for my favorite at least 10 times, up until 11:00. I agree about Fantasia, although she has great showmanship, there is something about her that annoys me, and as Simon said on one of the shows, I've been saying from day 1...she sounds to me like she's inhaled haluim prior to singing. I think she performs great, but really doesn't have the star quality voice. Just my opinion.
Nancy

MichelleP May 20th, 2004 07:57 AM

I'm glad Jasmine is gone. It was past time.

Cheers,
Michelle P.

Chuck Palm May 20th, 2004 08:20 AM

Diana screams too often when she could be singing. She has loud pipes but the tone quality makes the hairs on my arms stand straight up. I guess that's just my visceral reaction to her singing.

MichelleP May 20th, 2004 08:33 AM

Have to agree, Chuck. Everyone seems to have "grown" to like her but I still don't.

Cheers,
Michelle P.

Charlene May 21st, 2004 12:06 PM

If Latoya can't be the winner, than I don't care who wins any more!!