Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 20th, 2004, 09:19 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default ALOHA from KAUAI

Everyone made the ship yesterday!! Most of us got together last night for the PJ Sail-a-way party at 11:30 PM. Had a GREAT time meeting everyone who hadn't come in for any pre cruise time.

Most showed up in a variety of sleep wear, but you'll have to wait for the pictures.... because cyber cabin is just too slow to load pictures.

The 4 golfers (me included) played the beautiful Kaui Lagoons course today... others rented vehicles and drove to Wailea Canyon. We had superb weather at the golf course, while the Canyon trekkers got pretty wet!

Last night was open seating in the dining room, so tonight will be the first night the group gathers at our section in the dining room. We'll see how the staff manage dealing with us <G>

Pipefit's wife, Trixey fell in an elevator last night.... and was taken to hospital this morning by ambulance, with a suspected broken hip. Thought they were going to have to leave the cruise.

Fortunately, nothing was broken, just severe sprains and bruising, and they are back on the ship!! He says the ship's staff have been wonderful. And last time we spoke said they had supplied them with a wheel chair, and were trying to find a larger cabin to move them to, to accomodate the wheel chair.

The bill in the infirmary is already $900..... so thing INSURANCE. Luckily they had it, and won't have the added stress of the large financial hit!!

The fun has begun!! And we're hoping for no further accidents.

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Sponsored Links
Old May 20th, 2004, 09:29 PM
Admiral

Default Re: ALOHA from KAUAI

I'll bet your poor dining room wait staff don't know what they are in for!
What is it with CMs lately? somebody's always sick or injured! Poor Trixey - at the start of the cruise! Hope all is well for the rest of the week!

donna

Old May 20th, 2004, 09:37 PM
Admiral

That's bad news about Trixey but Good News she has no fractures..hope no one else gets hurt..Hope she didng trip over your antlers Big Guy...<G> Glad you guys are having a good time..I FEEL SORRY for the staff on that ship..keep us posted and Happy sailing.(posting right in line behind rollerD again) hUmmmm

Old May 20th, 2004, 09:43 PM
Admiral

Wow, Kuki! You are making me so nostalgic! Do you remember that Josť and I won the PJ contest on the first Let's Get Lei'd cruise? There are even pictures of it in one of Ray's albums from when we got back. How I wish we were there with you again! I'm sorry to hear about Trixey, but glad to hear that she was able to continue the cruise. Have enough fun for those of us left here at home, OK?

Old May 20th, 2004, 09:58 PM
Mark&Deb

Whew! Glad for Trixey nothing broken & that she actually is back on the ship! Ohhhh - your poor dining room staff: The head moose & all his little meese?/moose's (ok - followers!) all in one area!!! Oh my! Sounds like your trip is going well considering it started out wet.

Mark&Deb
Old May 21st, 2004, 12:02 AM
cruisinKandJ.

So glad nothing was broken for Trixie. Both Keith and I know what it's like to be sick on a cruise. My DH once fell fkat on his face on Rome. A citizen spooned him up, and hec couldn't speak English and we couldn't speak Italian. . .that guy did his good deed for the day.

J.
Old May 21st, 2004, 12:18 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

Goodness gracious! Give Trixey a big Get Well from us here at CruiseMates!!!

AH yes, the memories of the first LGL PJ Party - we actually had other passengers wonder why this event wasn't published in the daily paper!

Old May 21st, 2004, 09:25 AM
Admiral

Sounds like you are all having a ball. Wish Mort and I were with you.

Thank goodness Trixie didn't break her hip or any other bones, but I'm sure she is in lots of pain from the sprains and bruises. I can empathize cause last year I fell while on a tour during a cruise on the Paradise. Broke 2 ribs and couldn't get into sleeping or sitting positions without terrible pain. I managed to get through the rest of the cruise but couldn't wait to get back home. Please give Trixie and Pipefit our good wishes that she will heal quickly.
Aloha,
Cindy
Old May 24th, 2004, 08:15 AM
Admiral

Glad everyone is having fun... and glad Trixey's accident didn't turn out to be too serious! What a scare!

Hope everything goes smoothly from here on out, including the seas!

Cheers,
Michelle P.