Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 21st, 2004, 12:15 AM
cruisinKandJ.

Default Good Friday Morning

Don't know if the weekend posting was agood morning or not, but I sure need to post.

R.Donna, thanks for asking. It's not fun here, as I responded to your posting. My DH is simply not himself. We went to lunch Thurs., and he'd take a bite or two, and then just look off into space. NOT like him at all! I wonder if the anti-seizre med is causing that. Still havedn't heard from the neurosurgeon's office to have those metal stiitches removed. Looks like something Frankenstein's doctor did.

On an up note, instead of going to Santa Barbara, the family is meeting for dinner Saturday night. Sat. is Keith's 75th birthday. We'll go to Upland also, because we found a place that carries large-size hats of all types. For the first time in his life, some head gear will fit him!.

Also, we'll spend our 32nd wedding anviv, in San Diego, Lord willing.

Have a happier Saturday than we are.

J.
Sponsored Links
Old May 21st, 2004, 12:21 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Good Friday Morning

Good Morning Mates...I know its late when I am up this early..or vice versa..<G>..
It's summer time for sure..going into the 90's today..

J...I left you a post under rollerD's topic..Do try to have a good weekend and tell Keith Happy B'Day..and a Happy Anniv to the both of you..that's an accomplishment..

Got to get the ol Lawn Tractor going and mow..mow..mow...Hope all of you have a wonderful weekend and a safe one..
Now it's off to bed and count sheep in my Serta pillow top..

Old May 21st, 2004, 04:28 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Good Friday Morning

Good morning from Florida.....brought youngest daughter to the doctor yesterday.She had over 103 temp and did not feel well at all. She is always a trooper and almost never complains....She has an infection in her throat and is taking antibiotics. I am still caughing too, so is my husband. Strangest thing, does not want to leave.

Went out for lunch yesterday in Naples at a place called Don Shula. The food was very good but the prices are very very expensive. But it was a one time treat

To everyone else I wish you a good day ....................

Old May 21st, 2004, 05:18 AM
Admiral

Good morning J., Big John and Sue. J....I know you are worried about Keith.....please wish him a happy birthday from all of us at CM and a very happy anniversary to you both.
Big John, I hope you got some sleep last night...enjoy your tractor ride! And Sue, I'm sorry to hear that you guys are still ailing. I had to drive to work in a very NASTY thunder storm. Never thought I'd be using my 4WD in May! We have problems with ponding water on the roadways. And what a light show....so much lightening! I hope these storms are done before the wedding...which is in two short weeks. This entire weekend is dedicated to last minute things for the wedding. Jackie and I have a full plate! But, it should be fun. Have a wonderful day folks. Stay safe.

RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Old May 21st, 2004, 06:09 AM
Admiral

GMCM =

Finally! Awakened this morning by a stunning, technicolor full-blown TS. The air is now oppressively humid. It feels like spring!

I hope and pray everybody here gets better soon, particularly Keith. I never know what to say about serious health issues. Such things make me tongue and type tied. Just know that I wish you the best, K&J.

News on this end is that my SIL will sail with us aboard Sensation next April. I'm still working on my sisters to join us, and they are seriously considering it.

Happy birthday to Keith, and happy berthday to all who sail this weekend.

I may dwell on the land, but I live at sea!

Steve

Sensation 2/03 I disembarked, but never really left the ship.
Enchantment 9/03 Just had to go back.
Inspiration 3/04 Just have to go back again, and again, and again...
Sensation 04/05 The vessel made me do it!
Old May 21st, 2004, 06:09 AM
Admiral

Good morning Cruisemates.

Yesterday was hot and muggy here in WI and today there is a chill in the air. From the looks of the weather map there is a a big yellow/red blob heading our way. Think we will be in for some good storms before too long. ML, I hope they don't head out your way when they are done here.

J, I'm sorry to hear about your husband and the difficulties he is still having. Happy Birthday to him and Happy Anniversary to both of you.

Sue, hope your daughter is feeling better now that she is on the antibiotics. You've sure been through a lot. We've eaten at Don Shulas in PBG and it was really good. Great steaks. I agree about the cost. There is just something about those a la carte meals that bother me. It's nice for a treat though once in a while.

John, hope you were able to get some sleep.

Take care everyone.
Phyll

Old May 21st, 2004, 06:13 AM
Admiral

Mornin' all,

We had those t'storms last night too. I had to go around this morning resetting clocks. Luckily, the one on the bedstand has a battery backup, and it didn't lose time. Doesn't really matter, because the cats were antsy last night due to the storm and they seemed to be bouncing off the walls. So every time they woke me up, (every hour it seemed) I looked at the clock to make sure it was still on.

Sorry that our CM friends are still having problems, so we will still pray that everyone will get healthy and happy.

Last night I lined up a half dozen guys to help pull wire tomorrow morning, so hopefully we can finish before the rains come.

Everybody have a happy Friday, and a wonderful weekend.

Ed

Norwegian Majesty
Old May 21st, 2004, 07:36 AM
Jeanne&Ellis

Good Morning All, Our weather is slowly creeping into the S Florida summer weathr pattern, excpet not to much rain yet! J&K our prayers ar with you both. Sue, it must be a Florida thing, we both have had this darn cough and blowing for over 2 weeks and there seems to be no let up. Doctor said it just has to run it course, but in the mean time....... Wishing everyone a better weekend, stay safe and have fun.

Jeanne

Old May 21st, 2004, 07:43 AM
Admiral

Morning all from a dull and overcast Montreal. It's cool again and looks like rain, and the grass is growing up under the dog's belly, but too wet to mow! (bigjohn, maybe you could drive that tractor over here?)
J&K, here's wishing you both a happy anniversary, and a very happy 75th birthday to K.
I was just talking to my aunt in Apple Valley last night, and she was talking about going to Upland for the birth of her great-grandson today. 2nd great-grandson in a week!
Sue, I'm beginning to think there's a "bug" in your new house - you guys have been sick one after the other since you moved there! Hope you all are feeling better soon!

Last night I attended a meeting at my son's alternative school, a gathering to introduce new students and parent to the program next year. I cannot describe the love and appreciation and respect we parents have for those 3 angels of teachers our kids have. We all gave testimony to our kids' success and there wasn't a dry in the house. Next months's graduation ceremony evening is going to be one great big blubberfest!

donna

Old May 21st, 2004, 09:23 AM
First Mate

good morning all...long time since i posted but i have been so busy lately with no time for computer....Hope everyone is well...we are good,packing & cleaning etc. The moving day is in 1 month & we are all excited. It is also my b-day weekend ( actually not till the 25th) but close enough. My hubby & kids took me to a restaurant & set me up good...they had all the wait staff gather around the table & announce it was my day & then they made me stand up & they all clapped & sang...talk about embarrassing...but it was so funny to see my son laugh so hard to think that he "got " me.
My son was sick with bronchitis & pneumonia last week but is on the mend.Everyone else is good,even our new kitten. So there's my update...thanks for listening to my rant. Have a great weekend....stay safe & have fun!!!
Old May 21st, 2004, 12:06 PM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

Good afternoon everyone from SE Wisconsin where this is the first chance I have had to get on line since I woke up to storms this morning. Phyll was right when she said that "yellow blob" was moving our way......was quite the doozy of a storm!

Hope everyone has a great day - and pray that anyone dealing with severe weather today stays safe!

Old May 21st, 2004, 01:24 PM
Admiral

Quick update on our possible Jewel cruise. 6 signatures 4 to go…now I’m starting to get psyched. Woohooooooo. Its time to see about a cabin or suite.

and laughing is contagious,
here’s hoping for an epidemic!
Old May 21st, 2004, 02:03 PM
Admiral

Jason..send what ever it is you need sighned over here and I will sign it and fax it right back to ya..still trying to talk the DW into trying to book this one..I told her that if I ahd too..I would let her fly and I would jog down to Ft Liquordale.I could tear up a buffet then..BOY !...rollerD..I can drive the tractor over there but the mowing pan is still on the driveway..got to get it back installed..that is all I like..just hang around and I will be right there...Hmmmm wondering how I am going to get this thing thru Customs.

Post Edited (05-21-04 14:06)
Old May 21st, 2004, 02:41 PM
Admiral

I swear Big... You and I are made one in the same.
Usually the CEO of the company is the first to sign my Vacation voucher's, so far no signature. hmmmm I'm beginning to wonder now. Good luck on your quest.

and laughing is contagious,
here’s hoping for an epidemic!