Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 24th, 2004, 06:10 AM
Admiral

Default Good Morning, it's Monday!

Good morning to all the sleepy heads out there! This is the last school week for us here. I am so glad it's over Friday is a 1/2 day plus we are having our baby shower that evening. Some child in church yesterday told our oldest daughter she was coming to her baby shower. The surprise element is blown Oh well, we are still not telling her anything.

Have a great and blessed day mates.....................

Sponsored Links
Old May 24th, 2004, 06:57 AM
VTJen

Default Re: Good Morning, it's Monday!

Good Morning from Rainy Vermont

We have been short on rain, so I'll not complain (or at least try not too) during this wet spell we are having. I was able to get a few plants out, so this rain is great for them. I would like to do the rest of my plantings, so hopefully we will have a dry spell sometime during the week.

So far this looks like a non-eventful week ahead. I'm more than ready for one of those.

Sue, sorry about the the "spilled beans". My son's last day of school is June 17th.

VTJen
Sensation 2/2003
Majesty of the Seas 3/2004
Old May 24th, 2004, 07:20 AM
Admiral

Mornin' all

We, too, are getting enough rain to make the grass grow so fast that you can't keep up with the mowing. Hopefully none of our CMs were caught in the rash of tornados and severe weather that swept through the states this weekend.

We finally got the electrical wire pulled Saturday at the church grounds. Our pastor happened to pass by while we were working, but he didn't stay long. I asked him yesterday why he didn't stay around to help, but he said it was too confusing with all the wires all over the place. That's OK, he allowed us to spend the church's money to finish the project, so that's all I could ask for.

Another three working days and we start our vacation. Whoopie!!! Unfortunately, starting next week, the set-up for the church festival starts, so it's not much of a vacation.

Everybody have a great week!

Ed

Norwegian Majesty
Old May 24th, 2004, 07:43 AM
Admiral

GMCM =

I was awakened too early by a passing storm. I'm just about to give up on trying to wake up.

Sue, the element of surprise is the rarest on the periodic table where kids are concerned. Fortunately, spilled beans make good soup.

Welcome home from your first cruise, JdS. And welcome to your first case of PCD. Have you booked the second cruise yet?

Have a great day, all. I'm going back to bed.

I may dwell on the land, but I live at sea!

Steve

Sensation 2/03 I disembarked, but never really left the ship.
Enchantment 9/03 Just had to go back.
Inspiration 3/04 Just have to go back again, and again, and again...
Sensation 04/05 The vessel made me do it!
Old May 24th, 2004, 08:02 AM
Yeoman

Good morning Gang,
Sue, sorry about your surprise. Little ones have no clue what a surprise or secret is. Seahunks and Mary Lou stay safe w/ those storms They look nasty. We are out of school and today I am going into the preschool to teach a little Spanish to Pete's class. That will be fun. Then it's home to finish up packing. We leave Thurs. even though our countdown clock reads next week. Jack and Mike, Jeff is(!!!!) packed. Now it's all the last minute stuff. This is a first. We are usually up the night before packing. Feels good.
Ok, go have a great day
Anne

Caribbean Princess
Old May 24th, 2004, 08:58 AM
First Mate

Good Morning Everyone! I think it is time for the sun to shine! It did peak out a couple of times over the weekend. I managed to get plants into our planter boxes out front. The radishes, beans and cucumbers are growing at a great rate with all the rain we've had. Have a great week all!!

Robin

Costa Atlantica 3/2004
Brilliance 2/2005
Brilliance 2/2006
Brilliance 2/2007
Explorer 2/2008
Old May 24th, 2004, 09:08 AM
Admiral

Good morning Cruisemates. Had a very busy weekend, now it's back to the grind. I really hate being at work today, but somebody's gotta pay for all the carousing we did this weekend.

Sue, sorry about the ruined surprise. I'm sure your daughter will be thrilled anyway.

Hey Thomas, we thought about trying your restaurant on Friday, but it turned out we were at the Beaches instead of Mandarin at dinnertime. Next time!

Hope everyone has a good day despite its Mondayness.

Cheers,
Michelle P.

Old May 24th, 2004, 09:16 AM
Admiral

No "Mondayness" here, as it's a holiday Monday in Canada! Too bad we can't enjoy it though, as it's pouring, rather windy and very dark - possibly big storms rolling in. Hope we don't get any of those mini tornadoes that hit near Toronto!
Despite the forecast for a 3-day rainy weekend, the first 2 were quite nice and we enjoyed a lovely backyard anniversary party yesterday at the home of some friends celebrating their 20th. Later, I finished my annuals planting, so today's rain is a good thing! Have a great Monday all!

donna

Old May 24th, 2004, 09:52 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Again..I am a non-biased poster..hope you all have a wonderful Monday and to all our friends north of the border I bid you a HAPPY VICTORIA DAY..We had an uneventful weekend and just relaxed and I watched racing all weekend..

Old May 24th, 2004, 10:41 AM
cruisinKandJ.

Good morning from a very dark, overcast Southern California. We had a few spurts of sun on Sunday, but not much. Still, I'm not complaining. The cool surely beats the heat.

Well, I wish I could say that things are getting back to normal for my husband, but they are not. Those meds have made him a changed man: morose, slow, shuffling, and forgetful, among other things. He spent a restless night complaining that the incision hurt. In addition to all that, his right eye is all swollen and puffy. His MD said don't worry about it, but it became worse. I suspect it's an eye infection.

He's doing the Vicodin thing, and he still takes Dylantin. He sees his regular doctor today, and he gets the stitches taken out on Tuesday. I know it's only been a week, but this is no way to live for him or for me.

Everyone have a better Monday than ours.

J.
Old May 24th, 2004, 11:37 AM
Admiral

Good Monday morning from chilly, dreary Massachusetts. We went camping for the first time this year over the weekend, Saturday was like today, cold & dreary but with a nice warm campfire, good friends and blender drinks we were just fine. Yesterday was beautiful, warm & sunny, go figure, the day we have to leave the campground is beautiful, we just hung around as long as we could.
Back to work today. Have a good day.