Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 24th, 2004, 09:34 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Just back... Horizon to Bermuda (quick review)

I am back after a wonderful 7 nights aboard the MV Horizon. This was my first Celebrity cruise and it will not be my last.
The grand buffets were spectacular and the crew really did cater to your every wish.
Our room steward was always there ready to help us out and he took a real interest in our days.
The waiter and asst. waiter were great. By the second night, they knew that we wanted plain rolls, plenty of ketchup for my son, and full glasses of water. Four of the 7 nights my husband ordered two different entrees and of course, two lobster tails.
Our asst. Maitre d came around to the table each night and spent about 5 minutes asking us about our day and telling us what was happening later on in the evening and the following day.
The crew in the grill was always there to help you carry your tray and take away all the empty plates.
If anyone has any questions about the ship or itinerary just let me know and I will be happy to try and answer your questions.

Looking forward to my next cruise.... 6/2005
Sponsored Links
Old May 24th, 2004, 10:30 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Just back... Horizon to Bermuda (quick review)

Horizon was my first Celebrity ship, (not our last ). Great ship, crew, service and food. And how can you go wrong with Bermyda as a destination.
Welcome home
Old May 24th, 2004, 12:56 PM
Admiral

Welcome home.
I'm glad to hear you enjoyed Celebrity so much. Those are some of the things that make them our favorite cruiseline so far. I'm looking forward to hearing more about your experience in Bermuda.

Phyll

Old May 24th, 2004, 07:39 PM
Seabreez

Since we will be on the Horizon 9/25/04 I would just like to know the things that
we should not miss. Beaches, forts, any place you would recommend for a few
drinks off ship, etc. This will be our 1st Celebrity cruise too. I am well aware of the
smaller size and no balconies but the thought of better food and a more-friendly
staff will compensate (I hope). Thanks for any info you can offer us
Pat
Horizon Bermuda 9/25/04
Brilliance of the Seas 4/8/05 Panama Canal/Caribbean
Old May 25th, 2004, 07:01 AM
Cruise Maniac

In Hamilton right on Front Street there are a few spots that serve drinks that seemed very popular. Blue Juice is the one I remember though. I will warn you, prices are high. There was one place that wanted $14 for a cheese steak.

When in St George, dont miss Tobacco Bay. It is a nice swimming spot with calm waters. The beach is not in great shape though because of the hurricane last year.

For sight seeing, buy the Heritage Pass. It will get you into about 8 places for one price including the BUEI (Bermuda Underwater Exploration Institute) and the Zoo and Aquarium. Both worth the trip.

Gibbs Hill Lighthouse has a wonderful 360 view of the whole island.

Jobsons Cove, just past Warwick Beach is ideal.. My family had the cove to ourselves last week. It was like our own private pool. We even swam with a fish.

To get around, buy the bus and ferry passes. They will take you anywhere you need to go.

Shopping, well Hamilton is all you need. There is a shop for just about anything right outside your dock.

If you want even more information, you can email me at strasburg.da@earthlink.net and I will answer any more questions. I have been there twice now and hope to go back again.

Looking forward to my next cruise.... 6/2005