CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   Seizure Update (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/268795-seizure-update.html)

cruisingkandJ May 25th, 2004 08:19 PM

Seizure Update

Yesterday, I visited hell. I spent 12 hours in an ICU watching helplessly as my loving husband went through seizures that only became worse as the day went on, from the first one witnessed by a group of neurosurgeons to several that included the whole body. If you have never seen one of these awful fits, then you cannot imagine what it's like when this nightmarish thing happens to someone you love. The more the fits continued, the less alert and communicative Keith became. When his son and I left about midnight, he was unconscious from the drugs.

Today, I prayed at the chapel at the hospital and talked with the chaplain for a few minutes when he offered up a prayer as well. I found Keith still zonked out and having occasional seizures. The ICU nurse got authorization to give more medication, and it seemed to scotch the second fit that I saw. Hr's now on two or three medications.

Keith is "in there," though. He was able to say "uh huh, uh huh" when I held his hand and told him I was with him. I got a response from him later in the day, too. The ICU nurse got him to grip his hand, and so did I. Though it took more effort on the left side, when he finally squeezed, it was good and firm.

Please, please, keep praying for Keith.

Judy

Chuck Palm May 25th, 2004 08:24 PM

Re: Seizure Update

Stories like this make me think how unimportant most of our travel complaints and gripes really are...

I will keep the best of thoughts for you and your husband during this very difficult time.

I'm so sorry!

rollerdonna May 25th, 2004 08:30 PM

Oh Judy, I wish I could be there for you - it must be a nightmare! Please know that James and I will be thinking about you and praying for Keith's full recovery - hang in there!

donna

L&S80 May 25th, 2004 09:08 PM

We're thinking of you & keepong you in our prayers........think positivly!!! Things have a way of working out for the good.....I'm sure this will too!!!

Sharon

Trip May 25th, 2004 09:38 PM

Be strong my friend....keep thinking of all the people who are praying for you all...

Thomas May 25th, 2004 10:03 PM

We're in double time prayers for Keith. We just KNOW he is going to come out fine.

Regards,
Thomas

April May 25th, 2004 10:10 PM

Thoughts and prayers continue to go out your way.
April

cruisingkandJ May 25th, 2004 10:15 PM

Re: Re: Seizure Update

Your prayers and encouraging comments are so uplifting that I did want to tell you that I spoke with a neurosurgeon today who says that Keith will get well. You cannot imagine how much I hope that both he and all of you are right. I have had very little sleep, so I'll have some soup and hopefully, go to sleep. Thank you again.

Judy

bigjohn461 May 25th, 2004 10:16 PM

Judy..I know what you are going thru..I have seen many seizures in my life as an EMT and I know of which you speak...Be assured though, that We are praying for you and Keith..I know you two will come through this and be stronger. God Bless. I have not forgot about his brother either.

belgique May 25th, 2004 10:22 PM

You've both been through it these last days and I sincerely hope things will get sorted out and taken care of soon.

Chuck Palm is right - the little things in life are so unimportant when something like this happens to people we care about.

Prayers and hugs coming from Northern Michigan to you and Keith.

dezertcruzer May 25th, 2004 10:36 PM

Judy,
My prayers are with both you and Keith, that God keep you both in His loving embrace, that He give you both strength and courage, and that He heal Keith.

cruzfever May 25th, 2004 11:16 PM

Best thoughts and prayers going out to the both of you

Lisa May 26th, 2004 12:12 AM

Like BigJohn - being a nurse I have witnessed and cared for those having seizures - and I too know what you are talking about. Continued prayers heading out west to you and Keith.

cruisingks May 26th, 2004 01:02 AM

Lots of prayers and thoughts going your way. Know we´re all thinking about you and your family.

karen

KimJack May 26th, 2004 03:45 AM

Still praying for a complete recovery and return to normalcy for both Keith & yourself. It's these times when you come to realize who your friends are. When push comes to shove, the CruiseMate family of cruising fanatics always steps up to the bat for you.

Our thoughts and prayers remain with you, Judy, and with your loving dh. Let him know that he's in the hearts and minds of many caring CM buddies. Hold your head high...it helps to keep your chin up as well God bless you.

Kim and Jack (the other K&J)

Angela Z. May 26th, 2004 05:35 AM

Judy,
Hang in there. Our thoughts and prayers continue for you and your family.
Angela Z.

sue May 26th, 2004 07:36 AM

I am still praying for the both of you.............Hang in there!

Chuck is right.............100%

MichelleP May 26th, 2004 07:54 AM

Judy, I will keep you and Keith in my prayers, as well as the doctors who are treating him. God bless and keep you both.

Cheers,
Michelle P.

Mermaid May 26th, 2004 08:35 AM

Thinking of you and sending prayers daily,

Caribbeancats May 26th, 2004 08:36 AM

As a neuro nurse I understand how this is affecting you. Our prayers are with you & esp for Keith.

fasteddie May 26th, 2004 08:54 AM

Our prayers go out to you and your family, Judy. Prayers also go out to the doctors to find the insight to remedy Keith's seizures.

We all care!

Ed

Jeanne&Ellis May 26th, 2004 10:43 AM

Our prayers also for Keith and You. I know it is hard right now, but don't let yourself go, eat and try to sleep or at least rest yourself, he needs your strength.

Jeanne and Ellis

mibrown12 May 26th, 2004 09:24 PM

Hello, All of the prayers are going up, Please know that your friends here at CM are always praying for anyone that needs it. And you and Keith are def. in need right now, but we have plenty to give and will not run out!!! Please let him know we are praying for him.

Michele