Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 29th, 2004, 12:35 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default Getting Lei'd is winding down.. last day :(

The Serenade is a beautiful ship!!!! And we've had a wonderful cruise on board!! The most difficult thing is going to say to be to stay goodbye to our all the GREAT cruisemates friends.

Softens the blow a bit knowing some of the folks with us now are going to book the Glorious Victorious Thanksgiving Cruise. (Nicest thing will be Tweety will be doing the work, and I get to just play. lol) But I'll only have to wait until November to see many of them again.

I did dine with Captain Antilis one evening, and mentioned the lack of elevators or stairways aft, for we "stern faces". He gave me his card, and told me to use it like a "hall pass". <G>

Pipefit and Trixey had been moved to a Family Suite cabin right at the bow with windows forward, because of her accident. Turned out they had the best seats in the house to watch the medi-vac yesterday.

The weather is COLD. Pictures from the horse races yesterday will verify that.. with iceicles hanging from the jockeys. (not sure why they weren't moved indoors).

The crew have been friendly and willing to do most anything to please. The food has been average at best, except for perhaps 3 nights of excellence... plus Chops Grille!

Signing off now to give Mark back his laptop.... but there are LOTS of stories to tell when we get home! <G>

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Sponsored Links
Old May 29th, 2004, 12:50 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Getting Lei'd is winding down.. last day :(

cant wait to hear the "stories"...glad all of you have had a great time..see soon when you all get in.

Old May 29th, 2004, 01:46 PM
Admiral

Icicles? On a Hawaiian cruise?Geez, you could've stayed in Calgary and seen those!
Sounds like it's been a blast though, coming home is going to be hard. By the way, when you do get home, watch out for those wild and crazy Flames fans who have taken over downtown Calgary!!

donna

Old May 29th, 2004, 01:53 PM
Admiral

Really now, you've had my laptop for how long? {{BFG}} Icicles? Needs more explaining. I'm sure all of you Cruisemates will have a farewell party tonight. I too found the food on Briliance to be "average" at best with the exception of a few nights plus Chops and Portafino's.

Brilliance, 2/14/05
Brilliance, 2/13/06
Brilliance, 2/12/07
Explorer, 2/3/08
Jewel, 2/9/09
Jewel, 2/1/10, RCI cancelled our cruise, (insert sound of sobbing)

Old May 30th, 2004, 09:28 AM
Admiral

Looking forward to having you all back with us, Kuki. Chat will be buzzing on Monday night, I'm sure.

Glad you all had so much fun and didn't let the cool weather on the return trip get in the way of that.

Phyll