Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 6th, 2004, 01:03 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa
Default Good Sunday Morning

Well, I hope it is a good Sunday morning!

I mourn the death of President Reagan.......................and I remember those brave soldiers who died this day 60 years ago storming the beaches of France (Normandy, Omaha, etc.) fighting to free Europe, Northern Africa, Russia, the Pacific and the Far East from tyranny.

As someone said, President Reagan's body left us yesterday..............the essence of who he was left us years ago thanks to Alzheimers.

I hope everyone has a great day.

Post Edited (06-06-04 01:06)
Sponsored Links
Old June 6th, 2004, 06:22 AM
cruisinKandJ.

Default Re: Good Sunday Morning

Good Sunday morning from Southern California where at 4:14 a.m. all is quiet.

Yesterday, Keith read the L.A.Times for the first time in two weeks. He said he had trouble concentrating on it. Saturday was the first day he didn't have double or triiple vision. When I visit him today, I will bring the paper again. I suspect it's good for him to try to read what he can.

Sue, I can' wait to hear about the wedding!

I might go to an early dinner with a neighbor today. I can use a relaxng break and a good meal. When bad things happen, cooking for onesself becomes a low priority.

Have a good Sunday, all.

J.
Old June 6th, 2004, 07:17 AM
Yeoman

Good morning from Ohio, looks to be a nice day coming up, mid 70's. I totally agree with you Lisa, well said.

Cruisin KandJ--that is great news that Keith is reading the paper. I have been following his progress and praying for you both. I'm sure he will enjoy reading the paper and it will help his progress. God bless you and continure your strength for all you have done!

I hope everyone has a safe Sunday, and to all those getting on a ship today, I am sooooo jealoous! Have a great cruise!

NCL Dawn (Repo 14 nite) 11-1-09
RCCL Mariner of the Sea (Mexican Riviera) 4-18-10
1 FFC--Princess

19 finished cruises to date!
Old June 6th, 2004, 07:32 AM
Jeanne&Ellis

Good Morning Mates, Looks like another hot day in SE Florida today with thunder storms later on. That is the normal weather pattern down here for now. 169 days to go before our next cruise, and the summer will be only a memory. Judy so glad to hear that Keith is reading the paper, thats wonderful news. Roller Donna have you heard anything new from your Mom's doctor? I can't understand what is taking him so long. My prayers go out to all of you. Have a relaxing and safe day.

Jeanne

Old June 6th, 2004, 07:53 AM
Admiral

Good morning Lisa, Judy, Deb, Jeanne and all who follow...

Another decade has passed since we last observed D-Day's anniversary. It's hard to realize that it all happened so long ago, at least for us oldtimers who remember that terrible day so vividly. For so many veterans of the D-Day landings, this will be their last remembrance of what happened on 6-6-44! May they R.I.P.

Judy, I'm glad to read of Keith's improved state. He's still in our prayers, believe me. Have a good Sunday, folks, and Happy Berthday for those of you who set sail today.

Jack

Cruise #25, Monarch OTS 11/28/2011, Bahamas
Old June 6th, 2004, 08:32 AM
Admiral

Good morning to ALL...cloudy and Stormy looking here in WC Ark...Great News Judy for Keith..progressis sounding good but still sending prayers..Well said Lisa and Jack..Deb and Jeanne and all that follow..Hope you all have a great day..spent the day with my Mom Fri nite and Yesterday and got home late last nite..had a very good visit.
She sold her home and bought another on a small lake and will have to go back in a couple of weeks and help her move..Everyone stay safe and relax today..

Old June 6th, 2004, 08:51 AM
Admiral

Good Sunday morning to you all.

Lisa, I think you said it well. Today isn't memorial day, but we have so much to remember and be thankful for because of those who have valiantly served us.

Judy, I'm happy to hear of Keith's progress. Sounds like he is doing so much better even thought there is a long recovery ahead of him. Keeping you in my prayers.

Deb, I enjoyed your photos in the gallery. Looks like a nice family and it's evident that you were enjoying the cruise. Thanks for posting them.

John, what a nice guy to spend that time with your mom. A home on a lake sounds pretty nice too. Hope it all works out well for her.

Jeanne, stay cool. I enjoy looking at the web cam at the Jupiter inlet and seeing the scenery without having to deal with the heat and humidity. I have the feeling we will make a more permanent move to Florida within a few years though. It's already starting to grow on me.

Hope that Kim, Jack and the rest of you CMers have a blessed Sunday.

Phyll

Old June 6th, 2004, 08:53 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

Good morning from Orlando.
Not much planned today....going to help my husband bundle up the yard trash and float in the pool.
My brother and I visited with dad yesterday and he didn't try to leave with us.......he did however try to leave at 5am this morning!
Angela Z.

Old June 6th, 2004, 09:18 AM
Admiral

Morning all from Montreal where it's dull and cool again. Really could use some of that heat from Florida!
D-Day has happier memories for me; it was my dad's birthday, and in 1981 I got married (the 1st time) on that date. I will think of my dad today, and of all the soldiers who gave their lives for us...
Judy, glad to hear improved news of Keith; keeping you both in my prayers.

Jeanne, you must've missed my "update" post on Thurs. We did hear from my mom's Dr., but we still know no more, and he was still very evasive and frustrating. My mom's files have now been ttransferred to our local hospital and she will see an oncologist there this Wed. Hopefully, he will be a little more forthcoming with information, good or bad...
BigJohn, glad to hear you had a nice visit with your mom. My mom is coming over today to celebrate my birthday (Tues.) She is being strong about this whole cancer thing...

Deb, I also enjoyed your gallery photos, and I am still enjoying all the LGL'd 2 photos!

Hey everybody! look at my signature! 2 weeks today we will be sailing on the Paradise!
OMG, I'd better get organized an start thinking about packing!

donna

Old June 6th, 2004, 09:35 AM
Admiral

Good morning Cruisemates from rainy Long Island.

Judy glad to hear that Keith is improving. Hope his recovery goes quickly so you can go back to cooking for 2.

Rollerdonna, two weeks will fly by and before you know it you will be boarding Paradise. That is a great feeling isn't it?

I think ML stayed at the hotel last nite and we'll just all have to wait till she gets home to hear the details. Doesn't stop me from being impatient however. Come on ML, go home and post. :-)

Have a good Sunday everyone.

Carnival Glory
Old June 6th, 2004, 11:28 AM
Admiral

Good morning to all you regulars on the Chit-Chat board, It is partially sunny/cloudy here in Vancouver. Guess we will be staying at home today doing a few chores! Have a good day everyone.
Old June 6th, 2004, 11:50 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! A cooler morning in Calgary today, as some rain and thundershowers moved in yesterday (while I was golfing). So, no golf on tap for today.

May get to finishing off my report on the Serenade, and get that submitted... and watch some baseball.

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/