Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 7th, 2004, 07:18 AM
First Mate

Default New England

Here it is another rainy , foggy, chilly morning. It's 48 degrees and my heat just kicked on....geeesh it's June!!!...I've lived in New England all my life...South of Boston On the Massachusetts coast. Why oh why do we who live here stay here ? Except of course for the fishing, and kayaking, and the lobsters, and the fall...but besides that . Why?

NCL Boston to Bermuda
Sponsored Links
Old June 7th, 2004, 07:20 AM
Admiral

Default Re: New England

Much the same here in Montreal Ed, and I ask myself the same question - especially in the dead of winter! I guess tha's why we love to get away cruising so much!

donna

Old June 7th, 2004, 08:04 AM
Parrot Mom

Because we are New Englanders...we are West of Boston..lol...and the heat is on too...I put it on yesterday afternoon..By coincidence three people I know are headed to Floridato find new homes this week..Guess we stay here Ed because of the Red Sox.. the fall foliage (where people come from all over the world to see and we open up our back doors), the great restaurants, theatre whether it's in Boston, Foxboro or Lowell.. We don't live in Florida "G-d's waiting room" because health care is far superior hee (wait until you get older), schools are better, and you are an hour from Maine, New Hampshire, less for Rhode Island, etc. But we get away for a week in the winter to the Caribbean and enjoy our cruises ll the more.. Now, if the weather would stop raining in Bermuda... Next week..yipee..
Old June 7th, 2004, 08:07 AM
Admiral

I know what you mean, Ed. Many of us come to realize the error of our ways and move to the warmer climes. In my case, I left my native Rhode Island 27 years ago and came down here to Florida. I still go back to visit at least yearly (my kids and grandkids are all still "up north"), but in the long run I'll take the heat over the cold anytime.

An alternative, of course, is to live in both places. One of my brothers has a condo in Fort Myers (FL) and another in Point Judith (RI), and spends six months in each place. He's got the best of both worlds. Now there's an idea worth considering!

Jack

Cruise #25, Monarch OTS 11/28/2011, Bahamas
Old June 7th, 2004, 08:20 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Ed..I am in Stoughton, and work in Wellesley..I wish Don kent would come back.
so we could get a true weather report.. I swear they are playing with our heads....We have tried to leave, to go to Florida, but they pulled us back in..shades of the Godfather I would kill to have a week of hot weather, ALTHOUGH, Wednesday,they say will be a killer hot day..yayay!

Post Edited (06-07-04 09:04)

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old June 7th, 2004, 08:45 AM
Admiral

I know I have visited,via a truck, many times all over the New England area and more than a few times in the winter..I dont understand either. It is beautiful though in the fall and the summer. I guess my favorite place of all is at Falls River...stayer there many times...in fact, I spent a year there one night.

Old June 7th, 2004, 08:48 AM
Admiral

Follow the watch as it swings back and forth... back and forth... you are getting sleepy...

You LOVE New England... you LOVE New England...

Now when I snap my fingers you will wake up and NOT want to move to Florida.

*snap*

There, feel better? Just trying to do my part to stop the overcrowding and road congestion that is becoming epidemic down here. <G>

Cheers,
Michelle P.

Old June 7th, 2004, 09:42 AM
Admiral

from one New Englander to another repeat after me " It will get warm soon, It will get warm soon, It will get warm soon"...... that will be our mantra. But we do know that when it hits 95+ with humidity we will be saying.................
Old June 7th, 2004, 10:04 AM
cruisingkandJ

Default Re: Re: New England

I know what you mean. Keith and I live in Southern California, but we live inland. I ask myself all the time why do we put up with the heat and smog? Answer: Can't afford to live at the beach.

J.
Old June 7th, 2004, 02:42 PM
Parrot Mom

The heat is off and the sun or something that looks like it is out..My friends in Florida take off for vacations or European vacations in the winter.. Tomorrow in the 90's.,
Old June 7th, 2004, 03:01 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

I live in Laconia NH and yes we had the heat on yesterday. Why do I stay ?? Lake Winnipesaukee is here. Need I say more???

Cruznut2
Old June 7th, 2004, 04:57 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: New England

hey cruznut2,,,any fish in that pond ? <s> Is the Margate still a nice place to sip a brew and mahaps make a friend ? <s>

NCL Boston to Bermuda