Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 13th, 2004, 05:50 AM
Admiral

Default Good morning It's Sunday!

Good morning from sunny Florida....have been busy getting baby stuff together and finishing the room for daughter. We are all in the waiting mode

Have not been on here much and I have to catch up.I am wondering how many more days until our cruise?

Have a wonderful day mates........

Old June 13th, 2004, 06:12 AM
VTJen

Default Re: Good morning It's Sunday!

Good Morning,

Just because I had tons of stuff to do this morning before Church, the puppy decided to sleep in, up at 6 instead of 5:30. Taking a little Cruisemates brake while the potatoes cook for the potato salad. Have tons of laundry to fold, and should do a quick mop.

We had a small carnival in town over the weekend, and they put on a nice firework display last night. (Our family makes a huge deal about fireworks). I brought the puppy. He did pretty well, heart raced a little at first, but after a couple of blasts he calmed right down. I'm thinking hey the 4th will be no problem (almost as big a Christmas with the fam). That was until the Grand Finale. Near the end I think I get a little whiff of urine, and think, maybe he dripped a little. Nope, he let his whole bladder go, all over me. Glad I only live two streets over from where we watched the display.

He seems to have recovered from his ordeal. I'm wondering what we'll do on the fourth. We live so close to the launch site, even if I leave him at home he will not escape the sound. Hope I don't have to resort to meds from the Vet. Oh, well. Must get hopping now.

It is to be 80 degrees today, the pool is about 80, still heating it hope it gets a little warmer. Can't wait to be in the sun this afternoon. If you like teens, hamburgers/hotdogs and potato salad, pooltime fun, horseshoes and vollyball come on over. I'm sure I have over prepared yet once again.

Have a wonderful day,

VTJen
Sensation 2/2003
Majesty of the Seas 3/2004
Old June 13th, 2004, 06:15 AM
First Mate

A Good Day to All from Georgia. Had a little rain last night but it is still hot & muggy. Hope everyone is having a good weekend. For those in need we are still praying for you.
Stay safe & have a good day!

"If we weren't all crazy we'd go insane"
Old June 13th, 2004, 08:01 AM
susancruzs

Good Morning Cruise Mates!

I'm still around, posting less lately, working more! What is up with that, did I not take early retirement in 2002??? The extra money is nice and will get me to Italy for 17 days this fall and hopefully, a cruise in Spring of 2005!

Today I have a picnic to go to and wonder how we will battle the mosquito population.
Bruce is turning 50 and Michelle is having it at the Forest Preserve, which was under water during the recent floods.

Guess I better sign off and get the crock pot going for my Calico beans, which may mean a trip to the store. Hmm, brown sugar when was the last time I used it?? :-)

Phyll, get packing and I'll be thinking of you!

Lisa, how's the mosquito population north of the border, absolutely terrible here, even at noon time!

Have a great day everyone!

Susie
Old June 13th, 2004, 08:06 AM
Admiral

Morning all and a Happy Sunday to everyone. It's a bright sunny day here on Long Island with a nice breeze. It's still much too early to be up and about on my day off.

Opened the pool yesterday and will spend the next week getting the water stablized I'm sure. But that is a job for 'da Coot', who is the mad chemist of this family. Now if I can just convince my boss that I really do want to work part time I'll have time to enjoy it this summer.

I'm off to Costco this morning and then to the supermarket to do the weekly food shopping. Don't mind the shopping part, it's the unloading the car and putting it all away that is time consuming.

Computer is still giving me fits. Think it is going to have to go to Computer Hospital this week. I'm working on downloading everything I can't afford to lose now. Not holding out much hope for saving it otherwise. Still can't post through AOL and they have been anything but helpful.

Hope everyone is feeling better today. Have a good day everyone.

Post Edited (06-13-04 08:08)

Carnival Glory
Old June 13th, 2004, 08:17 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

Good morning everyone!

Sue - the mosquitos are so bad up here! I've never seen them so big - and they are out 24/7 it seems.

Dodging storms here in Wisconsin today........have a great day everyone!

Old June 13th, 2004, 08:19 AM
Admiral

Good Sunday Morning...Sunny and warm here in wc Ark...going into the 90's today...sounds like everyone is in the picnic mode or at least having fun..I am have a blast here at work..Right...yesterday was a little hectic with ex President Clinton and Dan Rather coming by for some of his favorite BBQ..and to do a small filming for 6o minutes to air on June 20th..no big deal though...it just makes it hard on our crews and service due to being already busy..oh well enough bout that...Prayers still going out for those who are in need and hope all are staying safe this weekend..I have the next 2 days off so I will get some yard work done..have a good day and and a safe week.

Old June 13th, 2004, 08:23 AM
Admiral

Good Morning to all from the Arizona desert.

Sue, when is that baby due? We're all waiting! !

VtJen, you've been much too industrious for me to keep up with! !

Caribbeancats, I'm soooo glad I don't have your humidity!

Susie, it's so great to hear from you! We miss you around here. Watch out for those pesky mosquitos! Use lots of DEET. How much longer does your current job last?

Tweety, you'll just have to be more assertive and remind the boss that you're retired and you only signed on for part time! You deserve to enjoy that pool this summer.

Jose and I will spend the day together today, probably doing not too much of anything. Just what I like - a day to spend with that special husband of mine with nothing pressing to do.

Have a wonderful Sunday Cruise Mates.

Old June 13th, 2004, 08:32 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

Good morning from Orlando......spent the day yesterday with the dads, both seem to be doing well although we have an issue with the hospital when physical therapy says they only work with FIL Monday thru Friday and wouldn't even help get him out of bed! Imagine! The nurses are all saying why would you slow down his progress now as are we. My husband and his brother are wonderful patient advocates and when something like this happens they make sure someone hears about it .
Angela Z/

Old June 13th, 2004, 08:33 AM
cruisingkandJ

Default Re: Re: Good morning It's Sunday!

Good morning from Southern California where the sun ain't up yet.

Not much on the plans for today, except the L.A. Times and maybe some eggs for breakfast. Keith talked with his sister-in-law for a while last night with regard to his brother who has been in an ICU for l8 days now. Stll very, vey sick. No sign of te bacteria that invaded his blood, but all the symptoms are still there. Doctors are perplexed.

Prayers needed for both brothers' full recovery.

Have a good Sunday.

J.
Old June 13th, 2004, 08:48 AM
Admiral

Morning all from Montreal, where it is a gorgeous day, sunny, hot, with no humidity (yet!).
My friend brought over a whole bunch of garden greenery for me yesterday, pruned from her church grounds and bound for the garbage. She knows I am trying to fill a large garden space in my backyard, so brought me all the cuttings. Guess what I'll be doing today? Then, I promised myself to start packing - or at least organizing stuff! One week today we board the Paradise, and at this rate, I will be boarding with NO luggage!

donna

Old June 13th, 2004, 08:53 AM
Admiral

Good morning from WI. Beautiful, overcast, humid and cool, with the added mosquitos that Mike must have sent in from Minn. Now why did I return from that beautiful sunshine state of Florida? When summer does arrive it's going to really be fantastic around here. :-)

The fish selections at the restaurant we went to last night were very limited, so I chose the lobster tail at market price. ( Jake said don't ask what that is because if you have to ask you can't afford it) Well it was a big delicious lobster tail, and I will have the rest of it for dinner tonight. I really should try to make it last all week to make it a really cheap meal.

J., my prayers go out for your Keith and his brother.

Sue, Jennifer is right----we are all waiting for this baby's arrival. Keep us posted.

Angela, my prayers go out to you and your family. I hope your dad is eating better. I know that my mom lost her desire to eat ,and they gave her an appetite stimulant. That really turned things around for her.

Well, time to help Jake get ready to pack and head out for Charlotte. I've got to get busy at the ironing board. Have a blessed Sunday everyone.

Phyll

Old June 13th, 2004, 08:58 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Birds are chirping outside my window... must mean it's going to be a nice day.

Not at all used to be being up and moving around this early on a Sunday... but I'm off to work. With one Kuki Jr. off in Europe, and the other preparing for final exams, I'm left with no replacement to get "the joint" open.

I owe! I owe! It's off to work I go!!

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old June 13th, 2004, 09:33 AM
Admiral

Mornin' all,

This is really unusual, being at home on a Sunday morning. Our church choir sang at yesterday's mass because the bishop was in town to celebrate the 25th anniversary of his installation as Bishop of Rochester. So we sang our little lungs out.

Now I'm waiting for DW to get ready so we can buy flowers and plants for the gardens. We are so late getting everything in, but it's not unusual because of the festival, etc.

It's beautiful out today, mid 70's and partly sunny. A good day to plant stuff!

Have a blessed day!

Ed

Norwegian Majesty
Old June 13th, 2004, 11:00 AM
Admiral

Morning all
Hey Tweety I'm going to Costco too--- just too bad that it means I'm working today-- but thats ok with the Sunday pay rate---- cruise money ??? I wish !!!
Wishing everyone well-- short cruise countdowns and a great weekend-- whats left of it.
Cheers all
April
Old June 13th, 2004, 11:33 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Good morning It's Sunday!

We already did the teen thing Friday night with the pool, chips, hamburgers, etc. I think we had l9 kids. How many are you having?