Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 19th, 2004, 01:11 PM
Admiral

Default The Wedding was BEAUTIFUL!!

I have put photos in the gallery called "Ani's", by Carole. This WAS my ani's gallery, but have put the wedding photos in here instead. The best man is a dear family friend, Robert, and the Maid of honor is Kathy's grand-daughter, Emily. Lot of people came in for this event including two Italian Pilots that flew in to surprise them! What a wonderful surprise for Dad. They stayed till they almost dropped, then returned to their hotel.

Special friends flew in from Florida. Linda has "adopted" my dad since losing her own father. She even calls him "Pop". So that's another "sis" I have.

The owner of a place called Proffits Porch (a restaurant) provided food for the party after the reception. It was great! Red Beans and Rice, etc. There was lots of wine, champagne and beer too! There were two other very dear friends from Columbus, Pat and Jack. It was a touching ceremony.

I now have three new sisters, Lyn, Linda, and Tracy. The wedding was held in an antibellum home called "The Lee Home"> The 1847 Italianate home was the residence of General Stephen D. Lee, who gave the order to fire the first shot of the Civil War upon Fort Sumter and was later the first president of Mississippi State University. The home contains many of his personal effects as well as Civil War memorabilia.

What a great time all of us had! I noticed when blowing up the photos after inserting them in the gallery that they are not clear. They were great putting them in, so you are probably going to see only clear ones if you don't blow them up.

May I introduce - Mr and Mrs Dupree!

Post Edited (06-19-04 13:13)
Old June 21st, 2004, 10:00 AM
Admiral

Default Re: The Wedding was BEAUTIFUL!!

Carole, I'm glad the wedding was beautiful and everything your dad deserved! Congratulations to him and his bride!

Cheers,
Michelle P.

Old June 21st, 2004, 05:41 PM
Nora Kennedy

Carole,

So glad to see Dad married off and happy..
They have my best wishes.

My husband Robert finally moved to NC last week. I am happy to be a couple
again too.

Best Regards to all.
Nora Jean
Old June 21st, 2004, 06:41 PM
Admiral

Nora, It is so good to see that you are happy too! I am pleased for you.

You and my dad both deserve happiness and I am so glad he found someone that is so good for him.

I am glad you are happy and going on with life. It's been a rollercoaster, hasn't it?

They just got back from the mini honeymoon and are planning their next cruise. I have lost count how many they have been on with Linda and Phil, but it is good to see them going cruising again. I hope you are doing the same. Keep on keeping on because there will always be someone who cares...............ME!

Post Edited (06-21-04 20:51)
Old June 22nd, 2004, 03:24 AM
Nora Kennedy

Default Re: Re: The Wedding was BEAUTIFUL!!

Thanks Carole,

Keep in touch... I went on a cruise in Dec. on Princess. I don't know if I can get Robert off of land. Right now, just trying to get his Mom settled in at her apt. in Senior Housing here. She is 90 yrs. old and as spry as ever. We are doing fine. I am enjoying my retirement and so is Bob. Hope all is well with you. Write to my new email, when you get a chance.

Nora