CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   Poll - Who will win the election? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/269152-poll-who-will-win-election.html)

SharonG June 24th, 2004 12:36 PM

Poll - Who will win the election?

Just for fun who do you think will win the U.S. presidential election this fall? Do you think it will be George W. Bush or John Kerry? I'm going to say George W.

David starkey June 24th, 2004 01:13 PM

Re: Poll - Who will win the election?

Way too early to tell....the media is just now really starting to plug the candidate they want and its not George W.

bigjohn461 June 24th, 2004 01:31 PM

I dont care who wins..I'm voting for Mickey Mouse..>VBG<..Minnie would make a good first lady..and I ain't even going to get into Goofy.

Post Edited (06-24-04 13:32)

Angela Z. June 24th, 2004 01:53 PM

Still too soon to have a feeling for it.

Angela Z. who hopes her home state of Florida does better with this election than the last one!

KarenDiane June 24th, 2004 02:16 PM

GWB

Whiteknight June 24th, 2004 04:26 PM

GWB is going down!

Dorothy June 24th, 2004 04:29 PM

Think a lot depends on what happens next Wednesday with the "handoff" in Iraq.

dorothy

Jim Bragg June 24th, 2004 06:16 PM

Thge person who will win will be the one that collects the most electoral votes. <G> Yes I know who I am voting for and who I support and while I am not afraid or the least bit embarrassed by it, (in fact I am quite proud of my choice), I will not discuss it on these boards. Just not a smart thing to do. I do hope that you do vote and while I certainly hope it is for the man that I am voting for, the most important thing is that you do in fact vote. Anyone ccares to e-mail me privately I will be happy to state my choice and discuss why I think this person is the only logical choice and God help us if the other one gets elected. <G>
Jim

salem5050 June 24th, 2004 08:31 PM

The Bush boys are not two term presidents....thank goodness!!

Mary Margaret

JeanS June 25th, 2004 08:08 AM

Dear George W,

In the words of Donald Trump, YOU'RE FIRED!

:)

Thomas June 25th, 2004 09:42 AM

I'm voting for Thomas! I would love to tell my grandchildren that I was voted for president.

But I'd have to have children first, right?

Darn, something always gets in the way!

Regards,
Thomas

pnorth June 25th, 2004 09:57 AM

me!

MichelleP June 25th, 2004 11:28 AM

Re: Re: Poll - Who will win the election?

I'm with Jim on this one... he and I have the same views about politics and about discussing politics on the boards! :)

Cheers,
Michelle P.

bicker June 27th, 2004 08:38 AM

Will anyone "win"?

I think a more important question this time is whether or not we'll again have a situation where no one "wins" the Presidential election. I think it likely, regardless of which man is elected, that neither will "win." This country is so incredibly divided, despite our solidarity with respect to attacks from external forces, and neither man is even remotely capable of bringing this country together. I'm not sure if anyone is capable of doing so, given how intolerant both sides have become -- how reticent both sides are to "agree to disagree".

Whiteknight June 27th, 2004 09:10 AM

You're probably correct that the country is divided, but I don't believe it's as divided as it was 4 years ago or as the news media indicates. It is too bad about the lack of civility in politics, but that's the nature of the beast, always has been, always will be, and that's a turn-off for the non-voters.

bicker June 27th, 2004 01:14 PM

Re: Re: Poll - Who will win the election?

I believe, underlying the common bond Americans readily forge between each other in the interest of security, the divisions in our society are deeper now than four years ago. If anything, the current administration has deepened that division, hiding some of their divisiveness under the mantle of homeland security. I bet a Democratic administration under Kerry would also deepen the division, by reversing and compensating for the things that this Republican administration has done. Both parties fight most strongly against moderate elements from within, despite the fact that that would help them win, because it would compromise their chosen values. Yet it is only through these moderate elements that this country has any chance of bridging the ever-widening gap.