Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 25th, 2004, 02:54 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2
Default Need Advice Please

Recently I booked my cruise through an agency I found on this site. The agency is Pick-A-Cruise.com. I had requested a quote through Cruiseshoppes. I had been dealing with a woman named Lauren. I was happy with her and felt she was doing her job. I made a depisit an got back my booking number. The other day I emailed Lauren about my cruise and got a reply. I had some changes to make on my booking so the next day I called. A man named Dave answered. He tells me that Lauren no longer works for him and he owns the business. This was on Tuesday, I had emailed Lauren on the weekend and got a reply Monday from her. Tuesday she is gone, It seems like a sudden departure to me. The more I spoke to this man the more uneasy I became. Any advice? Is it possible to ask them to turn my booking over to another agency? I was thinking of going to a local TA. this agency is in Indianapolis and I am in NH. Any advice???

Cruznut2
aka
Laura

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Sponsored Links
Old June 25th, 2004, 03:09 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Y2C
Default Re: Need Advice Please

If you feel uneasy just cancel the booking. Your deposit will be refunded but will take time. Then book with someone you feel comfortable with.

The other item is call the cruiseline with booking number in hand and make sure everything is on the up and up. But stick with your gut instincts.

I had the same thing happen to me with an internet agency, one day the TA was there and then gone. The TA that took over was not compatible to my liking. I cancelled and went elsewhere.
BTW, the TA left on her own, she did not like their business practices. The internet ageny competely wiped off all her clients from the computer, this was to ensure she took no clients info with her. She gave two weeks notice and was let go 1 hour later.
”Where is my Diamond” - Princess CruiseMates fun with Y2C and wife
http://www.cruisemates.com/articles/...iamond2005.cfm

Constellation Sept 7, 2004

Old June 25th, 2004, 03:20 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Hi Y2C, Thanks for theadvice. I think that is what I will do. I just did not feel comfortable with this man.

Cruznut2

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old June 25th, 2004, 06:01 AM
SarahJ

I would tell the guy that you feel uncomfortable and ask him if he would transfer the booking to the cruise line. Once it is with the cruise line, you can transfer it to another agency. He may or may not do this but if he does, this will save you having to wait for your deposit back.
Old June 25th, 2004, 08:35 AM
Admiral

i agree with the others, since you feel uncomfortable with this man - i would check with the cruise line to make sure that you have a confirmed reservation and then either transfer the booking or cancel the booking and re-book with a local agency that you trust.
Old June 25th, 2004, 03:39 PM
Cruise Maniac

yeah and watch out for that spywear crap!!! they can see everything you type and can get ur credit card # and everything!!! thats why i never book online just incase there is spywear crap in my computer
Old June 28th, 2004, 08:17 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Need Advice Please

Trevor (and others concerned about spywear), there's a free software product called Spybot Search & Destroy that may be helpful to you. It detects and eliminates spyware from your computer.

Cheers,
Michelle P.