Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 25th, 2004, 08:20 PM
salem5050

Default I HATE capri pants!

I hate capri pants! Are there any fashion trends you all do not like.

Mary Margaret
Sponsored Links
Old June 25th, 2004, 08:42 PM
cruisingkandJ

Default Re: I HATE capri pants!

Pants that do not reach the waist and show much more than belly buttons
Skimpy tops many sizes too small
Body jewelry; i.e., belly button rings, nose rings
Shoes with exaggerated heels and too many straps
Anything that needs to be washed or pressed

J.
Old June 25th, 2004, 09:37 PM
SarahJ

I love capris.....
Old June 25th, 2004, 09:48 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Pregnant woman not wearing maternity clothes....capri pants on the right figure are adorable..trying to tell a woman, she cannot wear them,is tough...beent here, done that

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old June 25th, 2004, 10:43 PM
Admiral

Nope, don't like capri pants either. They're ugly!

And I don't like seeing women wear pants suits on formal night. The black pants and glittery tops are not formal, IMHO. (Ouch............stop smacking me on my head please, Mrs. Thomas (who wears black pants suits on formal night)).

An evening gown, or a LBD works fine.

Regards,
Thomas
Old June 25th, 2004, 11:06 PM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to belgique

Have to agree with the capri pants - they flatter no one! Also agree with the "non-maternity" clothes now in fashion that show every bulge. O.K., we get it, you're pregnant - you're happy, we're happy, but we don't really need to "see" the baby quite yet.

Also have a problem with jumpers on anyone over the age of 12, especially denim jumpers.

And, overalls on women do not look good, period.
Old June 25th, 2004, 11:08 PM
Admiral

Hey, I have bought 2 pairs of a capris for my cruise and 1 skort. I think capris look better on most women than shorts-in my opinion!! But I do not really care what anyone wears(except for Speedos on any male!!!)

Old June 25th, 2004, 11:22 PM
Admiral

"I think capris look better on most women than shorts-in my opinion!!.....Brenda in Canada.

Not me!

Regards,
Thomas
Old June 25th, 2004, 11:47 PM
Admiral

I think Capris are better on women who need to camouflage some "hail dents" Id rather look at Capris than cellulite....
Old June 26th, 2004, 02:56 AM
Admiral

lol Mike... a wife who does what the HUSBAND wants... it should be the other way... the WIFE always gets her way !
Old June 26th, 2004, 08:23 AM
Yeoman

a face covered with earrings in pants that show the belly botton and the top that is trying to be a size 3 on a size 12 body.

Old June 26th, 2004, 08:36 AM
Admiral

Well IMHO...I think the capri pants(which I call short sleeve britches) are okay on some and not so good on others..just like bikinis and thongs..good on some and bad on other.. which reminds me I have to buy the DW a new bathing suit for out cruise..the old one has a hole in the knee...anyway..I never have liked any type of Piercings except for the ears..and only one hole there. But all in all..It's to each his/her own and they dont really bother me..its their business and surely not mine but since you asked, I had to reply...
You know Red Skelton once said.."the neck lines are getting lower and hem lines are getting higher..I sure hope they dont meet.".

Post Edited (06-26-04 08:59)
Old June 26th, 2004, 08:53 AM
Yeoman

I can't stand Capris. My wife informs me that Capris are the bulk of what is being sold today and it is hard to find a variety of pants.. I won't loose any sleep over them though. They just don't look nice to me.
Old June 26th, 2004, 09:06 AM
Admiral

Are capri pants the ones that are a few inches above the ankles, but not the ones that are a couple of inches below the knees (which I grew up calling pedal pushers)?

If so, I don't care for them for myself because my legs are already too short. But I do wear pedal pushers because I'm a plus size woman and shorts in public are a definite no no, but pedal pushers let me wear cool, comfortable clothing in hot weather without exposing more of myself than people want to see!

Old June 26th, 2004, 09:42 AM
Yeoman

Good point Dezetcruzer, there are many pants called capris, and they have different lengths and widths. I found that I looked horrid in some capris and better in others. You do have to find the right cut. I have yucky legs so I like them covering up my thighs( I am not big, just veiny(ugh),''
I too can't stand to see belly hanging out of tops, that short top with low riding pants suits only 15 yr old girls who weight no more than 100 lbs, there is nothing cool about a roll of fat hanging off your waist for all to see.
And Mrs Thomas please smack Thomas again. Thank you.
Old June 26th, 2004, 10:20 AM
Admiral

I *used* to think Capris were ugly, too. But then I started taking a long hard look at my knees (when did THAT happen???) and realized that capris would offer me the coolness (almost) of shorts, without that ugly knee thing!

HATE overalls - on men or women. Unless, of course, you are working the back 40.

Tongue rings drive me crazy. Only because I get so distracted watching them bob around in someone's mouth that I forget to pay attention to what they said. Plus, I have TOO many questions that I always end up asking some poor teenager/20 something. (Did it hurt? Can you eat caramel? Have you ever swallowed it? Does that little noise when it bangs against your teeth annoy you? Is it strange when you kiss someone? Does it interfere with your love life, at all?)

But then again, I LOVE to give my 13 yo son a reason to roll his eyes and say "Mooooom!!!" [eg}

dorothy

Carnival Elation
Carnival Elation March 11
Carnival Imagination Sept 07
Carniival Sensation Dec 06
RCI Sovereign of the Seas Sept 06
Carnival Miracle Sept 05
Carnival Glory Sept 04
Carnival Fantasy Jan 04
Old June 26th, 2004, 06:57 PM
First Mate

I just bought a couple of pairs of Expensive Capris to wear on less formal evenings..
They are every where.. and not leaving any time too soon...

Old June 26th, 2004, 07:07 PM
cruisingkandJ

Default Re: Re: I HATE capri pants!

Capris, pedal pushers, clam diggers, whatever you want to call them, they are immensely popular in Southern California and are worn year around. I used to think they were weird, as some of the others have said, but now, I have three pair. You have to find the right cut.

For someone like me who doesn't have pretty legs, capris offer some cover but not the heat of long pants. And actually, here inland, where temps can go to over 100 and stay there, I wear shorts also. I go for the comfort and don't care what people think. I see too many fashion taboos that are worse than my shorts!

J.
Old June 26th, 2004, 08:06 PM
Admiral

Also those long flowy dresses that tie in the back.....oh my

Old June 26th, 2004, 09:13 PM
Admiral

MOM- Those are really nice capris for a cruise!! Where did you get them?????
Trip- maybe you have to take me shopping!! I have one of those dresses that tie in the back, but it also comes with a little short-sleeve jacket/sweater thing that can button up front. No one else has complained about males wearing speedos-now THAT is something to talk about!! UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old June 26th, 2004, 09:56 PM
Admiral

Brenda..you sure are right about those speedo's.....its like too much information

Old June 26th, 2004, 11:04 PM
Admiral

anyone interested there are some really CUTE Capris @ SteinMart... similar to the ones above and some with the "frozen thingy" motif.... very cruise oriented..... gotta get some !
Old June 27th, 2004, 05:20 AM
First Mate

Lest I repeat myself....Allen Gant Senior ...is the inventor of the style i hate the most. I put a curse on him and his invention .

NCL Boston to Bermuda
Old June 27th, 2004, 08:33 AM
Yeoman

Default Taste in Clothing

I suppose it is a safe bet that liking or hating a particular clothing choice is directly proportional to how comfortable folks are either wearing or seeing others wear such clothing.

I know, for me, I used to hate wearing light-colored clothing, even in Summer. Now, I hate wearing dark-colored clothing, even in Winter. Similarly, I use to hate wearing shorts and short-sleeved shirts; and now I greatly prefer them, especially in Summer. My tastes changed, not the clothing!

What's interesting is that I used to hate suits and ties, and I still hate suits and ties!
Old June 27th, 2004, 09:59 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

I'm tired of seeing everyone's belly.....especially the ones who have no business wearing the silly little shirts........my rule has always been "just because they make it in that size doesn't mean it's going to look good".
And, yes, the Speedos......yuck
And, yes, the tight maternity tops......too much!
Angela Z.

Old June 27th, 2004, 11:08 AM
Admiral

Steph inTexas, I have never heard of SteinMart and have never seen them in Bellingham, or Seattle- Washington State. They sound very cute though!! I might have to take a shopping trip to the states to see if any other stores have cute capris! Ed-obviously your voodoo curse must be no good;lots of capris around!! !! And how did you know who invented them?? Some fashions I do not like, but as I said before I don't really care what anyone wears;except male Speedos should be outlawed !!(except for competitive male swimmers) But I will not let seeing any speedo-wearing males wreck my cruise!!! Might have to move to aother pool though! lol
Old June 27th, 2004, 11:20 AM
Angel

Capris are ok but it IS difficult to find the right cut and length. I am 5' 2" and 100 pounds and a lot of capris are a bit too long for me so they end up looking like high-water pants on me.

Men's Speedos? Hate em, hate 'em, hate 'em - too much "speed" and never enough "o!" They make my eyes hurt, particularly when they are so tight you can tell a guy's religion from 10 feet away.

Polyester? Too hideous to contemplate!

Thong anything? Too much info!

White dress shoes? Only for a bride and never, ever, anywhere else.

Body piercings and tattoos? I don't mind them but I have to laugh when I think about all of the future 90 year-olds with tattoos on their butts and sagging holes where their jewelry one resided.

Tan-color hose? Only if the rest of you matches.
Old June 27th, 2004, 11:49 AM
Admiral

Angel, I am sure you could find some nice Petites capris. Did you know they have "flood" pants around?? Just a new name for the same sort of capris/clamdigger,perhaps a bit longer in length. I really prefer natural material-100%cotton for example, but I have been getting some polyester in there -for fleece jackets,blends of fabrics, so they do not wrinkle etc. I know I am getting old!! but I have not hit the 100%Polyester step yet!! Not that there is anything wrong with it!! I figure Poly, rayon -what is the difference-both man-made materials!! Wear what you please,but please wear SOMETHING!! lol

Old June 27th, 2004, 01:56 PM
First Mate

Just bought new capris.. again yesterday... at Carson Pirie Scotts.. and Kohls..

Carnival VALOR Christmas CRUISE...DEC 19th.

MOM
Old June 27th, 2004, 05:28 PM
SeaGhost

What about spandex on people who should NOT be wearing spandex... Someone once said, "spandex are a privilege, not a right". So true!