Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 28th, 2004, 06:04 AM
Admiral

Default It's Monday...Good Morning!

Good morning Cruisemates! It's a new week..time to do it all over again! Where has June gone? Gary and I both took this coming Friday off, so we will have a four day weekend! I did manage to have a pretty relaxing weekend...hope you all did the same.
Have a great day.

RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Sponsored Links
Old June 28th, 2004, 06:34 AM
Admiral

Default Re: It's Monday...Good Morning!

Good morning gang....daughter is going to the doctor this morning to be checked again. Did I mention we ended up with another false alarm saturday/sunday night at the hospital? Boy was I tired! This had been our 3rd trip and I told her next time I will only go if the baby is half out <VBG>

This week is final payment for our cruise The time draws nearer. I can't wait to be on that ship. We are having a 4th of July party here to celebrate my 42th birthday also which happens to be the 4th of July.

Last night a neighbor was taken by ambulance...I think he has had heart problems not sure. I hope he is okay..please keep him in your prayers.

I will check in later and give an update on the soon to be born baby.Today is her due date.

Old June 28th, 2004, 06:44 AM
VTJen

Can't say the weekend was overly relaxing, but it was....ah, interesting.

Saturday spent all morning at the Church helping a friend host a Tupperware Party to benefit the Church Kitchen. It was a success, with over a 1,000 in orders - so 200 worth of free tupperware for the kitchen. Of course I spent way too much and got roped into having a party. Why don't I ever learn to say no...........?

My daughter left to spend a few days in NYC with a friend who is going to a Preforming Arts school there. She's having fun - went and saw Little Shop of Horrors, shopped and has done a little sightseeing.

We attended another Grad Party in the afternoon. Went on the old motorcycle. A freak storm started to blow in and we made a made dash for home, just before the 40 mile hours of wind gust hit full force.

Son helped a friend and her parents move. Hard to say good bye to people you've known all your life. He followed their moving van, spent the night, then helped them unload. So, Gary and I experienced a whole night alone - no kids. We decided we should do something. Being the real wild people we are the best we could come up with was a trip to the brand new grocery store that was having it's grand opening.

We live in a very small town, and there's not much to do. They closed the grocery store in our town, and rebuilt it in the next town over, enlarging the space from 29,000 sq. ft to 63,000 sq. ft. It is a very nice store, unfortunately because there is no competition they overcharge on everything.

I also broke my mouth splint into two pieces, so that will mean another 75 mile drive to get it fixed.

Yesterday was rather trying. We have some rather "challenging" neighbors. They are loud, obnoxious folk, who drink a lot and use the f-word in between every other word in their rather limited vocab. They are unstable, and when drinking you never know if the father is going to snap and if he does who will bear the brunt of it.

Well, yesterday he spent the day drinking, 17 year old son came home told his parents he'd flipped the 4-wheeler. Father went ballistic. Pulled gun on son. Screaming, yelling, swearing. My neighbor charged thru the bushes, another neighbor called the police. Kids crying, wife contributing the yelling and swearing. Accused the 17 year old of being just like his father. Police, State Police, Ambulance. They carried about 50 weapons (probably mostly hunting firearms) out of the house and transported father to hospital. Thank God no injuries. It could have been much worse. What really had set him off was that his wife has been sleeping around, and hadn't come home until late in the morning. The police are at the house all the time. I think it will get worse before it gets better though. They all have such terrible tempers, it is just a matter of time before someone gets hurt. Our houses are only about 30 feet apart and our pool over looks theirs. I think it will prove to be a long summer.

Another busy week ahead. Physical Therapy today, doggie groomer apptment too.
Tues, doc, Wed, Doc Thurs - back to P.T. Lots to do at the office. Then need to prepare for the fourth. Lots of family will be in town, so will have lots of people at the pool.

Have a wonderful week. Hope everyone stays safe.

VTJen
Sensation 2/2003
Majesty of the Seas 3/2004
Old June 28th, 2004, 06:46 AM
First Mate

Good Morning to All!
I hope its starting out a good week for everyone. We are looking forward to Wed. when we get the first draft of our house plans back from the draftsman.Its a total custom design & we are excited to see how itn turns out.
Hope everyone has a great day.

"If we weren't all crazy we'd go insane"
Old June 28th, 2004, 07:20 AM
Admiral

Mornin' all,

Oh my, Jen, what interesting neighbors you have!! All I have are neighbors that have assorted siding parts, old deck lumber, lawn mowers, 4-wheelers, trampoline, pool, 2 dogs and one screaming mother that we enjoy from our back yard. They put up a chain link fence to keep the dogs in their yard (about time), but I'm thinking about some evergreens to block the view. Then I'd have to replant the entire flower garden. Ugh!

I had to spend $500 to get the brakes on the truck fixed. The caliper froze up and ruined one rotor. I just had new rotors & pads put on last Sept., but the "limited warranty" did not cover the cost of replacing the rotor. Oh how I love unwritten fine print! A letter to the home office is going to follow.

Yesterday started the first of the graduation parties. We won't have to cook for the next three weekends, but the gifts get a little expensive. <G>

One more evening's work, and we'll be able to get the electrical inspector to come. My brother's got only three weeks to finish the addition before his daughter's grad. party, so it looks like I'll be doing more than electrical work. Ugh!

Hope everybody has a great day!

Ed

Norwegian Majesty
Old June 28th, 2004, 08:54 AM
First Mate

Good Morning CMs!

Jen, those sound like some very scary neighbors you have.

Well, I woke up shortly after 1 am wondering what the heck is that?! Felt like an earthquake! Well, I'll be darned it was! Being in northern Illinois that is not a common occurrence.

Today is Mark and my anniversary. A big 18 yrs. We, of course, celebrated over the weekend. And now, this coming weekend is Mark’s birthday (actually Wednesday but what the heck). Another excuse to go out and celebrate. There is a new theatre that has opened nearby and Spiderman opens this Friday so we have taken that off. And then, of course, 4th of July weekend.

YIPPEE!!!

Robin

Costa Atlantica 3/2004
Brilliance 2/2005
Brilliance 2/2006
Brilliance 2/2007
Explorer 2/2008
Old June 28th, 2004, 09:08 AM
cruisingkandJ

Default Re: Re: It's Monday...Good Morning!

Good moring, CM's, from Southern California where it's just daylight.

Gotta take Keith for a followup appt. with the neurosurgeon, which means we battle the morning freeway traffic.

Have a good Monday.

J.
Old June 28th, 2004, 09:12 AM
Admiral

Good morning everyone, hope y'all had a good weekend. Wishing everyone a great start to the week.

Cheers,
Michelle P.

Old June 28th, 2004, 09:13 AM
Jeanne&Ellis

Good Monday to you all, Wow, Jen, I don't envy you. I know how scary it can be to have a neighbor with a temper, only our old one took drugs instead of drink. UGH.... just thinking of it, although happening many years ago now, makes me shudder. Prayers are still going out to all our CM friends. Just heard on the news, that we turned iraq over, 2 days early. Hopefully this will end some of the violence and death over thre. Have a great day everyone. Sue, the next full moon is this Friday, a lot of babies are usually born around that tie time of a full moon.

Jeanne

Old June 28th, 2004, 09:15 AM
Admiral

Nice neighbors you have there Jen. When I lived in Utah I had members of a paranoid polygamous cult for neighbors on two sides. They had enough firepower to take out a small army. They left me alone, but made it clear they were watching me in case I was informing on them to the government and/or the Mormon Church. When I told them I didn't own a gun, they gave me a new 9mm automatic pistol, saying I would need it when the "day" came. Well the "day" never came and I hocked it when I moved back to NJ rather than face the hassle of the legal requirements of gun ownership in the Peoples Republic of New Jersey.

Hope everyone has a great week ahead!!!!

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old June 28th, 2004, 09:57 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Sun is shining in Calgary, but it's still Monday, which means a return to work.

Have a busy week ahead making final preparations for the busiest 10 days of our year. PLENTY to do still!

Some scarey neighbor stories out there. Guess we have to be thankful we have outstanding neighbors! Except both make me look bad because they still use the old style push lawn mowers, and I use a lawn service". With the excercise they get, they are both in excellent physical condition. I'm NOT <G>

Old June 28th, 2004, 11:47 AM
Admiral

Good morning -- Ok I must admit I'm depressed-- after talking to a friend who is going on her first crusie--- to Hawaii---- yes she was reading about the latest Lets get leid again cruise---- and is soaking up all the information from the bb's-- mostly depress because I dont have anything booked ---yet--- yes Mermaid joining you is on the top of my list-- and its my only list----
Off to work I go-- thinking if my daughter does buy a house I can manage a cruise-- hahaha
Cheers all
Well it must almost be time for the big Gilroy garlic festival---- down the road from me-- the cool morning air and slight breeze was sending the great smell of garlic up my way---
April
Old June 28th, 2004, 12:04 PM
Admiral

Hi everyone, Good morning from another beautiful sunny day in Vancouver. I am off to work later today.
VTJen-Yikes!! Those neighbours do sound very scary!!
DougR- Lol!! Strange neighbours you used to have!!
Sue- Happy 42nd Birthday;you are still young! And going to be a Grandma?!!
April-that Gilroy garlic Festival sounds like fun!!
Everyone: try and have a great day. Take care. Bye for now. Brenda in Vancouver
Old June 28th, 2004, 12:28 PM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

Good morning everyone from SE Wisconsin where another fine day is on tap..low 70'
s low humidity and partly cloudy. The whole summer could stay this way and I would be happy!

Have a great day everyone.

Old June 28th, 2004, 12:54 PM
Admiral

Ooops!! Missed morning again. Well anyway, Good afternoon.

Carnival Glory
Old June 28th, 2004, 02:43 PM
Denise H

good moring marylou its cool and sunny here in mpls had a great weekend spend
saturday with my mom she a cool lady and we like doing things together i hope
you have a good day