Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 28th, 2004, 05:53 AM
salem5050

Default Sick of terrorist executing people..do not read if it up set

Ok today I am just in a bad mood about the terrorist...now another person being held one of our Marines........So how come the "big bad" terrorist always seem to hide their identity with masks...hmmmm cowards I say. Sorry for downer of a topic, but sometimes the tv news just gets to me and I have to vent. Lets get some prayes out for this marine and all the military in harms way all over the world.

Mary Margaret

P.S. Do not post political comments here, its not my intent, its just for prayers for peace if thats possible.
Sponsored Links
Old June 28th, 2004, 06:39 AM
VTJen

Default Re: Sick of terrorist executing people..do not read if it up

All this beheading sickens me too. I have been praying for each of the captives as I have learned of them, as well as their families. I can not think of anything that could be as heartbreaking to a family as that. This time the Marine is of Arab descent and of the Muslim Religion. I fear that they will use him as an example. Christian, Jewish, Arab, it matters not...no one should have to face such cruelty or agony.

I could go on and on, but will refrain.

VTJen
Sensation 2/2003
Majesty of the Seas 3/2004
Old June 28th, 2004, 08:40 AM
Admiral

I think everyone is sickened by it... trouble is that all the publicity the terrorists are getting from these kidnappings and beheadings is only making them do it more and more...

Cheers,
Michelle P.

Old June 28th, 2004, 02:09 PM
Yeoman

Amen Michelle!! I agree with the comment about publicity. The terrorist have finally found something that will catch our attention...a crime so horrible that even us jaded Americans will take notice, and the media eats it up. What better forum could they ask for? Unfortunely it is a lose lose situation. Give them the attention they want, or ignore it and risk the political implications of a "cover up" of the horrors of war.

My own son is in the military and has been "over there" and my heart goes out to all military families who have soldiers stationed abroad. I can't speak for everyone of those families, but those kind of horrors are in my mind constantly every time my son goes on a temp duty assisnment in the middle east. The soldiers and families have been in my prayers and will always be.

God Bless our Soldiers and families!!

Lesley
Old June 28th, 2004, 02:48 PM
Passenger

Send a message via ICQ to Richard Lewis Send a message via MSN to Richard Lewis

I am Canadian and I too am sickened by the unimaginable horror it must be. I feel for all Americans in these terrible times. My father was in the military in the second world and although he did not see direct action himself, he trained an awful lot of young boys who went overseas and did not come back. My brother was in the Korean war and saw some action from his ship and also was involved in some secretive demolition of enemy ships. And I had a school mate who volunteered for the 101st airborne in Vietnam. After his first experience he came back home with some pretty alarming photos of what was going on over there. He went back for another while and that's the last I heard of him.

We are all affected by war, I wish there was some kind of way those that want to harm us can be satisfied with something else. I don't like being put in a kill or be killed position. Especially when we are there to help. By the way I personally felt great embarassment when our "Leader" refused to militarily support the US. We vote today - maybe there will be some positive changes.

God bless those soldiers, may they all come home soon leaving peace in their wake.

Richard

Star Princess Sept 1/04 - Mediterranean
Old June 28th, 2004, 03:09 PM
Admiral

They are just a bunch of cowards who want to pick on unarmed civilians and trick our military people into an ambush. If they are so proud of what they are doing, why do they hide their faces??

It sickens me to see that those type of people exist in our world....I pray for the safety of our brave men and women over there and hope they all come home soon....

8/92 Mex. Riv. Commodore
9/98, 9/00, 9/02 & 7/04 Caribbean - Paradise
10/00, 08/05 Pac. Wtrs. Holiday, Monarch
04/06 Hawaii - Celebrity Summit
09/07 Alaska - Celebrity Summit
07/09 Western Caribbean RCCL Liberty of the Seas
Old June 28th, 2004, 03:45 PM
salem5050

They probably hide their faces because if they were identified, people would go after their families!

Cowards all of them in their masks!!!

Mary Margaret
Old June 28th, 2004, 04:21 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

As hard as it is to comprehend, it's really a simple situation. You're dealing with people who have NO regard for human life. They'll kill their own just as quickly as innocent strangers. They'll sacrifice their children, without knowing why or what their goal is.

All they've really been taught their entire lives is hatred! Very sad, but very true. And now they hate so much that it's not even limited to people different from them. They hate their own with equal passion.

Their only goal now is death.. for others and for themselves. A very descriptive definition of EVIL.

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old June 28th, 2004, 07:03 PM
Yeoman

Default Re: Re: Sick of terrorist executing people..do not read if i

God Bless Richard ! Beautifully said. I am proud you are our neighbor as you are our brothers. Brothers may sometimes disagree but when the call goes out they stand shoulder to shoulder. May this evil scourge pass from this earth.

Old June 28th, 2004, 09:35 PM
Whiteknight

It's a very sad situation and one that is not going to go away for a long, long time. I wish it was as simple as a way to gain publicity, for then the situation could be remedied fairly easily. It's actually a case of hatred over imperialism for many, many years. We may very well be seeing the early days of what may become World War 3 or the war to end all wars. The Nostradamus prophecies may be more than just fairy tales.
Old June 28th, 2004, 09:38 PM
Admiral

Maybe you will understand these type of people if you can remember that these are the type of people that try to take a tank out by throwing rocks at it..

Old June 30th, 2004, 05:21 PM
Passenger

I agree, the beheading of people to make a polical point is just sick... however, lets keep in mind who the terrorists might be....

You're living n an especially disagreeable country, but not really bothering anyone... then one day, planes fly over, and bomb the heck out of you. ... followed closely by tanks, and guns and troops who are imposing their will on you, and send in thier gun ships whenever they feel like it. They arrest you for no reason, confine you without the slightest pretext of due process, and subject you to humiliating treatment. Wouldn't you call that terrrorism??

You, of course, are supposed to just knuckle under, and take it, right?? After all, your oppressors know best; they tell you that all the time.

Now, imagine if that was happening to us, here, in America. Of course, it isn't, but, it all depends on your point of view. Would you just sit there and take it, or would you strike back with whatever means are at your disposal?

Before we condemn an entire society, try to keep in mind that the guys wearing the white hats (especially the polical leaders) are not always pure as the driven snow.

Let the flaming begin !!!!
Old July 1st, 2004, 08:19 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Sick of terrorist executing people..do not read if i

Okay, but it did happen here in America. Three thousand ordinary, everyday people like you and me are dead due to terrorism. Therefore, "Would you just sit there and take it, or would you strike back with whatever means are at your disposal?" Heck yeah, we are striking back now.

Cheers,
Michelle P.

Old July 1st, 2004, 10:41 AM
Passenger

Try to remember that it was Al-Quida that hit the towers. I think that you may be lumping all Arabs into the same category; and, no matter what the President and Vice President may say, there has been no clear connection made between Iraq and Al-Quida.

Instead of wasting time and resources on Iraq, we should have a soldier on every sqare foot of Afganistan, hunting down every one of those dirty dogs responsible for the World Trade Center. Kill them, imprison them, I really don't care. They should have to pay

Of course, if you believe that it is Arabs in general that are responsible for this, then, in your mind, you are perfectly correct. Just be prepared for the conseqences