Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 30th, 2004, 05:11 AM
Admiral

Default Good Wednesday morning!

It is Wednesday already! Happy hump day. I cannot believe this is the last day of June...where has the time gone. It looks like we are gearing up for a busy couple of weeks here at work. We have several proposals due, key personnel on vacation and two audits in the next two weeks, not to mention month-end and quarter-end....phewww, I'm tired just thinking about it. I hope you all have a great day.

RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Sponsored Links
Old June 30th, 2004, 05:56 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Good Wednesday morning!

Mornin' all,

Not much going on around here up in here in upstate NY. I think the warm weather might be here to stay, then in about 3 weeks, fall will be here. <G>

The electrical inspector hasn't come yet, so we are at a standstill at my brother's. Hopefully he can come today so that we can get the insulation in and wait for another inspector, so that....... You get the idea. What a pain!!

Maybe I'll go buy some more flowers and put them in the garden. The critters have seemed to have eaten about a third of them.

My DW saw a gas station that had reg. gas for $1.99 yesterday. Whoopie!!!

Hope everyone has a pleasant day.

Ed

Norwegian Majesty
Old June 30th, 2004, 05:57 AM
VTJen

Good Morning Cruisemates,

ML - sounds like work will be a challange - I hope it all works out smoothly. I'm sure that you'll do a great job. Keep hanging in there.

It is supposed to be a beautiful day here in the Northeast Kingdom (that is what the area of VT I live is is referred to, tho' the locals just call it the Kingdom). Unfortunately I think I'll not get to experience much of it. I have another Dr. appointment this morning - so I'll have to work awhile, go to the Dr. run back to work. I hate days that are broken up like that. I find I'm less productive.

Hopefully I will get some answers today. I'm truly tired of running to the DR. every two minutes. (I'll stop whining now).

My daughter returns from here trip to NYC today. She has apparently done a lot of shopping - no big surprise there. Tho' she will be bringing home a new to her, French Horn - that is a hefty purchase. Due to her music classes for College and he participation in all her summer music projects for the summer, it was a purchase we knew we had to make, but it just such a large amount of money (my husband and I could have had a cruise and airflight). Oh, well, the kids come first at this point.

My poor husband ended up working until after 6:00 p.m. last night - almost 22 hours, that was after his extended workday the day before. He spent most of this time walking miles and miles of power lines through the woods. He was exhausted. But, he's off to work again today, ready for the next challenges.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

VTJen
Sensation 2/2003
Majesty of the Seas 3/2004
Old June 30th, 2004, 06:01 AM
First Mate

Good Day to All!
Hot & humid here in Ga. expected rain today. My ponds should be full now.
Its a big day for us as get the first draft of our house plans today. we are excited 7 can't wait to get started building.
Hope everyone has a great day.

"If we weren't all crazy we'd go insane"
Old June 30th, 2004, 06:53 AM
Jeanne&Ellis

Good Morning Cms, The weather report said we have a tropical something right over us, but not a drop of rain. We need rain so bad here on the Treasure Coast. Have a great day and as my sister says when she complains about so much work, "job security". <<<BG>>>>

Jeanne

Old June 30th, 2004, 07:13 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Good Wednesday morning!

Good morning mates...well it was another stressful day yesterday. The "boyfriend" confessed her wants nothing to do with our daughter and is only here to wittness the birth. We all believe him since his actions for the last year or so spoke volumes. He is in another town and he told our daughter to call him when it's time so he can be at the hospital and until then don't call. What an ******** After that he is going back to KY...

Yesterday we added our kids to our health insurance plan and now we are paying for myself and the kids the same amount that we would spend for 2 people on a 7 day cruise! And I am not joking. Florida has the most expensive rates in the country I think and I am outraged. When will it end that the upper middle class is beeing crushed to death ? There is something for the poor and the super rich...............

I am sorry I am venting. I am tired and frustrated about everthing right now. Because of the health insurance we have to take our kids out of private school...........something I am totally against......................Oh well..............................

Old June 30th, 2004, 07:26 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Getting ready to go to work...I hope the loose moose in Wellesley, the town where I work, decides to buy some capri pants, and come shop in my store..)have a great day!

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old June 30th, 2004, 07:26 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CM'ers...hope everyone has a good day today..I am back at work after such a wonderful weekend..raining and cloudy here and suppose to storm this afternoon..I am afraid that when these storms roll out of here, Summertime will be here to stay and I am not looking forward to those 100's and 95% humidity..Everyone please stay safe and have a great HumpDay..

ML..you are working way to hard..slow down..>G<

Eddie...hope you get the flowers in the ground

VTjen...hope you get good news at the Doc today.

Carib..congrats on getting the house underway.

Jn&ELL...I am sending the rain your way

Sue..You vent anytime you feel like you need to..I know a good hit man..>VBG<

Old June 30th, 2004, 07:50 AM
KayS

Greetings cruise board,
I was notified by corporate (and Jason) that is ok to tell all enquirers, Jason will return to work 7/6/04.
Kay
Old June 30th, 2004, 08:01 AM
Admiral

Good Morning from the Arizona desert. Supposedly our monsoon should be arriving in a week or so, but the humidity hasn't started to rise yet, and, without it, no rain. Typical humidities the last couple of weeks have been highs 18-22% and lows 5-7%. We have another terrible forest fire burning north of the valley, the Willow Fire, and it is now within 5 miles of the rim community of Payson. Please pray for that community. They stand to lose everything.

Old June 30th, 2004, 08:30 AM
Admiral

Thank You Kay..He has posted from home but WE thank you for you posting here..

Old June 30th, 2004, 08:37 AM
Admiral

Good morning cruisers. Again, not much happening here. Guess it could be worse.

Looking forward to flying to Texas this weekend for my cousin's wedding. My mom and grandmom and aunt and I will have a great time. Mark's staying here because he didn't want to fly.

Everyone have a nice Hump Day.

Cheers,
Michelle P.

Old June 30th, 2004, 09:12 AM
Admiral

Good morning Cruisemates from Long Island. Hope you all have as pleasant a day as this one here in the NE is turning out to be.

Can't believe that 'da Moose' didn't come to visit you Trip.

Ed, I gave up on flowers, the deer ate all of mine. Lost about 50 lillies, all my hostas and a whole lilac bush. And as for gas prices, saw $2.21 for regular yesterday. Too bad I have to buy Plus and it's still at $2.31. And that is the lowest I've seen.

Marylou you're right can't believe June is over already. Summer is going too quickly.

Kay, it's good to hear that Jason is on the mend. Please tell him that his Cruisemates family misses him.

Michelle, Mark misses too much fun, he's just gonna have to bite the bullet and fly with you.

Jen, those fires are so frightening. Can't imagine living with that terror living over me. Hope all turns out well.

Carnival Glory
Old June 30th, 2004, 09:41 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! A superb day in Calgary yesterday, with more of the same forecast for today. Can't believe I'm not golfing. lol

Time is running short to make final preparations for the Stampede.. and I'm feeling the pressure. It's a great time for business, but each year the old bones, knees and back dread it a little more <G>

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old June 30th, 2004, 10:21 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

Good morning everyone from sunny SE Wisconsin. Glad to hear that many of us are on the mend!

Have a great day everyone!

Old June 30th, 2004, 10:48 AM
Admiral

Hi everyone, Another beautiful hot ( for us) day in Vancouver. A couple of days off from work until I go in again on Fri.. Today the girls and I are going to drive to the farmarea and buy some raspberries-expensive little fruit but delicious!! Then we are going to do some shopping!!(for the girls most likely-clothes are cute and inexpensive compared to ladies') Everyone take care. Bye for now. Brenda

Old June 30th, 2004, 02:35 PM
DENISE H

good moring marylou its a nice day here in mpls 90 and sunny tonight is the concet in
the park we such have good weather I'M glad its the last day of june only 108 days
until we sail on the triumph have a good day now
Old June 30th, 2004, 07:22 PM
Admiral

Aye Mates,
Nurse Kratchet says I can play on da puter for a bit, so I’m checking in. I’ve read almost every posting on this board for the past 2 weeks. A lot has happened I see. As usual everyone on the board except myself has, is, or gonna cruise. I’m afixin to remedy that at my first chance. Huhhhhh, I didn’t realize that one of the side effects of Tetanus is you get a southern drawl…. Oh well…see y’all later.

and laughing is contagious,
here’s hoping for an epidemic!