Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 2nd, 2004, 12:44 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to Cruisenut1
Default Good Friday Morning

I never get to do this, so I will do it while you are all sleeping-Good morning!
It is only 10:46 pm here in CA. but I know it is morning across the nation-so Good Friday morning, and all of you have a safe and sane 4th of July

Monarch of the Seas
Carnival Elation
http://www.cruisemates.com/countdown.php?month=04&year=2009&day=26&hour=16:00[/img] Carnival Splendor
Sponsored Links
Old July 2nd, 2004, 01:01 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa
Default Re: Good Friday Morning

Good morning and TGIF everyone!!!!! Have a dental appointment this morning (annual checkup) and then have a big break before heading off to work for the whole holiday weekend.

Have a great weekend everyone!!!!

Old July 2nd, 2004, 01:52 AM
cruisingkandJ

Default Re: Re: Good Friday Morning

Good morning from another Californian. Not even midnight here, but cool and pleasant.

Keith and I spent a couple of days in Newport Beach for our 31st wedding anniversary. We stayed at the Hyatt Newporter. It's been around forever but had a very elegant face lift. We enjoyed staying there and would do so again.

No plans for a big Fourth of July, nor for a big Friday, for that matter.

Thought everyone would like to know that Keith's brother, Wendell, is in physical therapy. Talk about having a long way to go!! He's been sooo sick. Both Keith and I were very surprised to hear about the p.t.

Have a great Friday, everyone.

J.
Old July 2nd, 2004, 05:20 AM
Admiral

Morning all.....am off today (yippee) and the call of 'shopping' beckens....!

Just two more weeks till we leave for Princess Alaska Cruise Tour 14S !
Old July 2nd, 2004, 05:31 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

Good morning from Orlando. Been up and out already this am. Took son for his monthly bloodwork (he's using Accutane and has to be monitored) and will leave for work in a few minutes......last day of work for me until July 13....yahoo!!!!!!!
Angela Z.

Old July 2nd, 2004, 05:59 AM
Admiral

Mornin' all,

The saga of the missing electrical inspector has ended. He finally came yesterday, spent 5 min. at my brother's, only wanted one change on what I did, and said "see you when you're finished". Brother also called person doing insulation inspection, and found out her days for inspections were Mondays. He explained to her that Mon. is a holiday for many places and he needed to get started now, not in two weeks. So she came over, asked a few questions, and OK'd the project. So my brother was extremely happy that he can finally cover those bare studs and go to work. He said he was tired of watching me have all the fun. The only electrical work I'm going to do today is at work. <G>

No big picnics planned this weekend, just working on the addition. Maybe I'll get it finished by Tuesday.

Hope everybody has a great day, and a fabulous and safe weekend.

Ed

Norwegian Majesty
Old July 2nd, 2004, 06:28 AM
Admiral

TGIF cruismates, it's been a long week. Very glad move #1 is behind me. We're settling into life in our "cabin" at my daughter's house. The painters should finish up at the new house the first of next week, and then the tilers come.

Family reunion 4th of July picnic for me....although I'd rather be on the water at the lake watching the fireworks. The rains have finally moved out of the area, and the temps are back in the mid to high 90's. I took an extra day off on Tuesday, so tomorrow is the start of a nice, long weekend. 4 days to catch up on rest! No work planned for once.

Ya'll have a safe and delicious 4th!

Have you played CruiseMates Cruise Trivia Today?
Old July 2nd, 2004, 06:40 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Good Friday Morning

Good morning mates............daughter and I are driving to the hospital this morning for a routine stress test for the baby. They will also check her but the induction is still on for monday. Tomorrow I am helping out at the food pantry and have a plan to meet with a friend to sit at the beach for a few hours.

Tonight we are going to friends and middle daughter is helping them with the computer. They just got one and need all the help they can get. We also all going out for dinner which is always very nice. They have 7 kids but you would not know it..they are all very well behaved children <at home too> There is this one place we eat with them sometime and everytime we leave there the owner and waitress always compliment the parents and tell us how well behaved everyone is. They just got a puppy so our smallest daughter will be happy. Both of our daughters are staying there overnight and I am truly hoping my husband and I will spend some quiet time together.....

Have a wonderful day..............

Old July 2nd, 2004, 06:45 AM
Admiral

As I forlornly gaze out of my office window at the extremely smoggy NYC skies I am wondering how I failed to get out of working today. There was only 13 people on the bus this morning as compared to the usual full load of 49. At least next week I only have a 3 day workweek. Happy 4th gang!!!

As for the time-worn phrase "Have a Safe and Sane July 4th" all I can say is sane is highly overrated!

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old July 2nd, 2004, 06:49 AM
VTJen

Good Morning Cruisemates -

After t'storms last night the sun is trying to shine, and everything has that just washed, clean feeling out side. Will have to spend time cleaning the pool - lot's of stuff blew in.
Poor husband had to work most of the night, and is already back out in the field. Lot's of power out due to lightening.

No work at the office today. Physical therapy, then off for some blood work.
Then putter around home, and some over due paper work here. My deadline is the 5th so I will have to get serious about it soon.

Hope all of you who have extra time off are able to devote some to relaxation and fun.

fasteddie - what a project. Glad that everything seems to be moving along nicely.

Caribbeancats - hope you are able to get your house plans soon! That BBQ sounds great - maybe I'll pop in.

DougR - aren't those computer viruses a pain? Of course you have a puppy prince, mine certainly thinks he's king of the world.

Sue - I hope your "surprise" birthday bash doesn't mean tons of work for you. I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun with all your friends.

Thomas - hope you were able to tame your lawn, hope your mower troubles are over.

Mermaid - I too feel the call of the ocean.

Thank you to all of you for your words of encouragement. I appreciate you all.

Have a wonderful weekend.

VTJen
Sensation 2/2003
Majesty of the Seas 3/2004
Old July 2nd, 2004, 06:57 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids.
Looks like a fabulous day in Boston..Thunder boomers woke me up this morning,so I am dragging a bit...
My new puppy is arriving from Texas tonight , at MIDNIGHT!!! I guess they fly them when it is the coolest for them..Although my hubby swears, this dog is for me, I truly believe, since one of my dogs is not doing well, this little one will help him for the next phase..But I told him if he wants this dog to be mine..it should be me who handles him first .Is this right? So...Off to Logan thru the crazy mish mash of Boston. Back home, play with the pooch, sleep, off to Connecticut to see thebaby, taking poochie..I need a nap already..Have a safe and happy weekend..

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old July 2nd, 2004, 07:09 AM
Lynne &Trevor

Good Morning!
I just want to add my wishes for a good July 4th weekend from the middle of Florida.Tomorrow morning we'll be heading for Ft. Lauderdale for the 3 day break, and pretend we're on vacation! We'll see "our" ship, Caribbean Princess, in port once more before being on board her Sept.18-25 to the Eastern Caribbean. I work at a retirement community in the Assisted Living Area. I'm an Activities Associate, so call Bingo, read stories,do trivia, show movies,have music appreciation sessions and whatever else I can add to the schedule. I also work with the Independent Residents.The Health Care Center (nursing home side) has its own staff.

Anyway, have a nice weekend, Everybody. Lynne

Old July 2nd, 2004, 07:18 AM
Jeanne&Ellis

TGIF! Have a safe and happy 4th. Use care if working with fireworks. God bless you all.

Jeanne

Old July 2nd, 2004, 08:23 AM
Admiral

Boy! am I late getting in here this morning..oh well the extral sleep was wonnnderful. Sounds like everyone is busy today..Sorry for all those who have to work today..and good luck to all who are going to the Doctor today..

Judy..So glad you and Keith got to celebrate some..glad you enjoyed it..you both deserved that..

I got my first digital camera yesterday and have spent this morning trying to program it. Or should I say..it is programming me...lol...but I faced the challange and I overcame.
I am ready now to take some pics and post them..so LOOK OUT...lol
Got the big 4th family reunion this Sunday and all the fireworks on the lakes(as i look outside and seeing the rain clouds)..Geez, it has rained like the last 9 days and the ground is soaked and the grass is high..wonder if I will ever get it cut.
I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and a SAFE 4th celebration whatever you have planned..God Bless and please stay safe.

Old July 2nd, 2004, 09:01 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Had lots of rolling thunderstorms in Calgary yesterday afternoon, and more of the same forecast for the entire weekend.

Hoping I can squeeze in a golf game this afternoon, without getting drenched.

1 week from today the mayhem starts in our bar... with the beginning of the Calgary Stampede. Still struggling to fill all my staff positions.... so if there are any big burly guys who want to come to Calgary for 10 days <G>

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old July 2nd, 2004, 11:02 AM
Admiral

Hi everyone, I`ve got 1 minute left on the library computer. Hoping to be re-connected at home by tonight, and if so, you won`t get rid of me! Missed you all so much, see you soon!
donna
Old July 2nd, 2004, 11:50 AM
Admiral

Good morning everyone from a Cloudy-maybe it will rain a bit-Vancouver. It is okay if it rains today, I have to go to work later today. Our little fireworks show here were nice last night. The moon was huge and orange in the sky-a beautiful evening! My husband and I got my new telescope put together yesterday;we will have to do some planet/star watching one of these nights. Anyways, hope everyone has a good day;get some relaxing in for your American holiday! Good to hear from you RollerDonna!! Cher-I always wanted to post before I go to bed=the next day already for some!! Cruising K&J-glad you had a nice weekend for your 31st Anniversary-congrats!! Take care. Bye for now. Brenda

Old July 2nd, 2004, 12:19 PM
First Mate

Its late in the day but I just wanted to say hi to everyone . The house plans are ready so I'll pick those up & go over them the wknd. Lighting the fires for the BBQ; the hog's ready to go on the fire, drinks are chillin'; to bad I don't have two palm trees w/ a hammock stretched between.
Ya'll have a great 4th & stay safe.

"If we weren't all crazy we'd go insane"
Old July 2nd, 2004, 03:09 PM
DENISE H

good moring its hot,humt and sunney here in mpls have a geat weekend be safe