Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 5th, 2004, 08:30 AM
Passenger

Default Deep Sea Fishing

We are on the Mercury to Mex. Riviera beginning Oct. 13 for 11 nights. Would like my husband to do some deep sea fishing. I know it would be allot less expensive to book it off ship but always fear fishing boat would not get back to pier in time. Nead to hear advice from someone who has done it and which port. Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Old August 5th, 2004, 08:40 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Deep Sea Fishing

Just reread my last msg. and I believe it's "need" advice not "nead" advice. Just woke up...... Sorry 'bout that!!!!!!
Old August 5th, 2004, 08:42 AM
Admiral

Go to the "Destinations" message board, and select Mexico. Do a search for "fishing", scroll down near the bottom of the first page and you'll find some information.

Have you played CruiseMates Cruise Trivia Today?
Old August 5th, 2004, 08:56 AM
Passenger

Thanks Mermaid, heading that way right now..........
Old August 5th, 2004, 10:06 AM
Admiral

We fished privately in Puerto Vallarta. Chuey, our guide was excellent and his 27ft. boat with two 120 h.p. Honda engines was great. You may want to read my comments titled "P.V. Update" which is back a page or two on the Mexico board.

I've lost his card but if you call Nacho at Villas Vista del Sol, he'll give you Chuey's phone number and e-mail address. Here's the phone number:

011 52 32222 30155

We caught a 104 inch sail fish which was ten inches short of the world's record for landed sail fish. We had a ball and the day was not expensive I.M.H.O. We weren't planning on fishing but decided to give it a try with a little nudging from our skipper, Chuey.

You might also wish to check out P.V. Fishing .Com which is a group of local fisherman offering guide services.

Also if you do catch a fish, take a chunk of it that afternoon to Mariscos Polo and ask Polo to cook it up for you for a late lunch. He'll take very good care of you. I promise.
Sail Fish is not the best eating fish in the world, but Polo knew what to do with it and it was exciting to make incredible fish tacos out of our catch,

Post Edited (08-05-04 13:51)
Old August 5th, 2004, 11:31 AM
Passenger

Thanks for the input Chuck Palm, love the idea of being able to eat some of your catch. Going to read your comments right now.