Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 7th, 2004, 10:34 PM
Admiral

Default Bypass update...

Another long day at the hospital, my FIL is in pain & total discomfort ! They were not able to take out his "tube" until almost 6 am this morning... and started breathing treatments immediately after... As soon as the nurse left the room, he vomited all over himself and he couldnt find the nurse button... so he laid there banging on the bed frame until they heard him ! I knew I didnt want to leave for a reason.... I told them I hate for him to be ALONE !! But, you know policy right ?? He is having lots of pain in his legs from the vein removal but more so, he feels like he cant get his breath & of course his chest hurts.... nurses response... WELL THATS TO BE EXPECTED !!! (duh, but give the man some pain meds) they gave him some meds but didnt soothe his pain at all... he just got his 2nd dose about 7:15 (CST) and the nurse told him if he had trouble sleeping (since he hasnt in the past 20 hours) that she could get him something for that.... well... u guessed it, he asked for it a bit ago and now they tell him he cant have it !! DOES ANYONE EVER KNOW ANYTHING ?????? I get so aggravated... I just wonder if they actually do remember which patient is which.... but, then sometimes you get lucky & get an angel nurse who touches your heart with their compassion.... ok... where is the angel ? she is in ICU... we need her transferred STAT !!

Anyway... thats my sad update.... thanks for all your prayers... we think it will all be good news in the long run... but getting there may wear us all out !!!

Take Care,

Steph
Sponsored Links
Old August 7th, 2004, 11:17 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Bypass update...

I am sorry that this is so hard on your father in law. I pray that he has a speddy recovery and that the Lord is merciful to him. In Jesus' name I pray.
Old August 8th, 2004, 12:52 AM
Admiral

Steph, Hopefully they will let you or other family members visit lots(although one at a time I am sure), so you can help him out. Sometimes the family really has to keep a close eye on the care their loved one receives. I hope you get an angel nurse on his ward soon!!!! Take care. Brenda in Vancouver

Old August 8th, 2004, 06:01 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Bypass update...

Prayers are coming your way and also pray that you will get a better nurse! I always think it is best when the family keeps a close eye on everything.....kind of sad but true!

Old August 8th, 2004, 06:11 AM
SarahJ

Prayers be with your family. My father had bypass surgery and the first 72 hours after the surgery are the worst.
Old August 8th, 2004, 08:36 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

Hang in there Steph.......the angels are out there........there's just not enough of 'em!
Angela Z., who has spent her share of time in hospitals this spring and summer.
Old August 8th, 2004, 10:03 AM
Admiral

We continue to send prayers your way steph..sometimes it is not always the nurses fault though when there are so many pts and not enough nurses..Hospitals are cutting back by letting fewer nurses take care of mooore pts..It's not right but it is happening everywhere..and the sad part is..the pts are the only ones that really suffer from it.
Kind of contridictive is'nt it? Afterall it's suppose to be all about pt care..go figure.

Old August 8th, 2004, 11:30 AM
cruisingkandJ

Default Re: Re: Bypass update...

I sympathize with what you're going through. My experiences were similar when Keith was hospitalized. It's really almost impossible to be a patient advocate unless you're extremely wealthy or extremely famous.

J.