Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 10th, 2004, 05:03 AM
Admiral

Default Happy Tuesday!

Good morning friends! It's Tuesday already. Boy, fall really must be just around the corner...it is so dark this morning. I really don't like that at all. We spent last night going from electronic store to electronic store. The kids and I bought Gary a surround sound system for his birthday and he wanted to research some others before he opened this one. I think we may have done okay and he may keep the one we bought. Today will be another busy day at work..but it makes the day fly by. I hope you all are safe and have a great day.

RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Sponsored Links
Old August 10th, 2004, 06:00 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Happy Tuesday!

A Big Hello To All !
I didn't get to stop by yesterday as it was my day off & it started w/ a bang. Had to get the car in for service for the drive to Port Canaveral; my work truck died & had to get towed in, the microwave conked out, buy another; & of course packing.
ML; the days are getting shorter; I hate leaving for work in the dark.
Hope everyone is having a good week.

"If we weren't all crazy we'd go insane"
Old August 10th, 2004, 06:05 AM
Admiral

Mornin' all,

I know what you mean Mary Lou, with all of this rain, it really hasn't felt like a real summer, and now the sun rises later and later in the morning. I can't believe I'm still mowing my lawn once a week. Usually by this time of the year, the grass is a nice crunchy brown, and I'll mow about once a month.

It seem like the summer has flown by without accomplishing anything at home. Oh yeah, I spent most of it at my brother's. <G> I've got a little time before the snow falls, so maybe I can get those replacement windows in. Just gotta get them ordered.

Hope everybody has a special day!

Ed

Norwegian Majesty
Old August 10th, 2004, 06:05 AM
Admiral

Good morning ML and other who will follow I have been up and reading the news. Why I don't know because it is so depressing!

The kids don't have to get up until 8am, eat breakfast and drive to the bus stop. Afterward I am taking my 3 mile walk again. It is almost too late at this time as the temperatures are so high. But I have to do it!

Last night I chatted with my MIL about my upcoming visit plus about our cruise! Making plans, talking what we will do is so much fun. Even my dh is interested now and looking very much to it. She wants to spend time with a good book by the pool and just relax. She is booking her flight today and will be coming into Tampa this time. She is leaving the day after our cruise. But we are already making plans for Thanksgiving and we are trying to fly up there over Christmas <or maybe we find a cruise?>

Have a wonderful day mates.......

Old August 10th, 2004, 06:06 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Good Tuesday Morning To All. Cool here in the NH Lakes Region 57 chilly degrees this morning. feels more like September than August.. Have a great day everyone.

Cruznut2

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old August 10th, 2004, 06:37 AM
Admiral

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ HUH????? OH!!! Good morning everyone !zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old August 10th, 2004, 06:51 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Good Tuesday Kids,
Remember the movie, If it's Tuesday, it must be Belgium, with Suzanne Pleshette? I lloved that movie: Well, it's errands to run, including my most fave, food shopping If only someone would invent some new food.....I walk like a Stepford wife through the aisles!.This say will be Caribbean sunny, day, what could be bad?

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old August 10th, 2004, 07:01 AM
Lynne &Trevor

Hi Gang!
Yes, I remember that movie very well. As a matter of fact, I refer to it at work, "if it's Tuesday, it must be Travelogue, Music Appeciation and Storytelling"!

The sun is just starting to come out at 7:58AM, but the air is still heavy and soggy. I don't why our sprinkler system is still on when it's been raining so much. We have a 50% chance, better than 70%!! Meanwhile, we're watching all these storms starting to churn. The latest one, Charley, could head to the Tampa area if the turn is right. I hope Jodi's cruise doesn't suffer because of him or Bonnie.

I trust that you'll have a wonderful day! It's 8:01AM in Avon Park,Florida!! Lynne

Old August 10th, 2004, 07:02 AM
VTJen

Good Morning,

Another chilly day here. We too have had very little summer like weather. Because our winters are so miserable the only way I can bear them is if I have had a nice hot summer, I'm truly dreading what lies in store. We usually get a little snow in October. It doesn't stay, but it is just enough to really depress you. Harder to bear this year as summer never came, and as of yet, no cruises or vacations of any type on the horizon.

The push is on and it doesn't look like I'll get all my goals accomplished before we head out tomorrow. I just don't have the energy. I try to keep plugging along, it is just that the speed I plug along at is not as fast as I would like.

Seems like the Phish fans that are starting to flock in are going to have a wet weekend. Showers are predicted for most of the weekend. I feel bad for them, as they will be encased in a giant mud-hole. Still sad I'm gonna miss all the fun. Hoping my son knows enough to stay home.

Well, lots of paper work, cleaning, laundry, food shopping and of course another doctor's appointment today, so I must get a move on.

Hope everyone has a nice day. Find something fun to do, at least for a few minutes. My fun today will be that I will stop working in time to sit and relax while watching the Amazing Race tonight.

VTJen
Sensation 2/2003
Majesty of the Seas 3/2004

P.S. Kuki - the big news here on the local stations the other day was of a love story. One of moose has fallen in love with a farmers pony. Which one of your relatives is this? The news footage was very charming.
Old August 10th, 2004, 07:10 AM
Admiral

Morning all from Montreal where the sun is shining, the humidity is back, but thundershowers are in the forecast for later. More indoor activities with the kids today!
Not much happening here except planning discussions for my son's 16th B-day on Sun. The traditional pool party at my mom's is ok, but weather dependant. He also wants a real party at his sister's apartment, but I'm nervous about her drinking buddies around the 15-16 yr. olds .(She and her friends are over 20). Negotiations continue...

donna

Old August 10th, 2004, 07:46 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CM..very sunny here this morning in wc Ark..temps are slowly creeping back up..But I think that is going to come to an end depending on what these TS do..we could get some big rains from them..I know you folks in Fl. don't need anymore for a while and I wish I could push some of this heat up north to those who want it.>G<
Not much going on today except for mowing..the way it looks, I will be mowing into Oct.

ML..It's that time of year with the days getting shorter
Carib..I would ask what is going to breakdown next but dont want to jinx you.>G<
Eddie..You can help me mow if you want to.LoL
Sue..enjoy your walk and I know you are looking forward to your MIL.
Trip..happy shopping!!
Lynne..Hope you dont get tooo much of that rain and the storms.
VT..have a safe trip tommorrow
Rd..Good Luck with those negotiations..and I hope tyler has a good B'day.

I know someone is posting as I type this so I will just say have a wonderful day ot them and all the ones who follow..Please stay safe to all.

Old August 10th, 2004, 07:59 AM
Admiral

Good morning Cruisemates. Sorry I haven't been around much lately... just been very busy. I'm still here though. Sure do need a cruise.....

Wishing everyone a great day.

Cheers,
Michelle P.

Old August 10th, 2004, 08:13 AM
L&S80

Morning from the still hot Pacific Northwest.........just can't seem to get out of the hot.....
Marylou............I know what you mean about the dark.....it is sooooo depressing to have to get up in the dark.......but at least it is a bit cooler then.....<S>
Hope y'all have a great Tuesday.....

Sharon
Old August 10th, 2004, 08:38 AM
Admiral

Good early morning(for me) Cruisemates. It was a hot one yesterday-when I left work at 9:30 pm I could hardly believe how hot it still was. Even put my car's AC on for a bit! High clouds today look like they will disappear very soon. I have a day shift today-yuck! The good side of working the day shift is that I might make it to Chat tonight. Bye for now. Take care.

Old August 10th, 2004, 09:06 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Last night temps in Calgary got down to 40 F. BRRRRR

Normally by mid August even the evenings are in the 70s, so this ain't good<G>
The forecast is a return to hot weather by Friday... and then rain again on the weekend. But, they're right less than half the time, so...

Have Kuki Jr back at work with me until he starts college in Sept... so think I'll take advantage and sneak out this afternoon for a golf game.

Packed up the "work tools" for the cruise last night... laptop, digital voice recorder, camera etc. But haven't started packing clothing yet.

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old August 10th, 2004, 09:15 AM
Jeanne&Ellis

Good Mornings CMs, Finally able to get back into my routine, walking was so hot and humid this morning, had a hard time breathing, but did the walk and feel better for it! Have a great and safe day.

Jeanne who is still eating leftovers from the party! ;^ )))

Old August 10th, 2004, 09:33 AM
First Mate

Hi All,

Well today we get to go get a look at the twins via an ultrasound. The doctor wants to make sure everything looks OK. A bit early to see the sex, but we sure hope to see if we can find out. The main thing is that we pray they are healthy.

Carnival Mardi Gras - July 1991
RCCL Viking Serenade - November 1994
Carnival Pride - September 2004
Old August 10th, 2004, 09:45 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Hi Everyone:
I'm just waiting for Betty to get out of the shower. We just finished room service breakfast. It's sort of like being on a cruise. We are heading home to settle up with th e window guy. Hopefully my house will be liveable in a day or two. (Varnish smell)

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old August 10th, 2004, 10:42 AM
cruisingkandJ

Default Re: Re: Happy Tuesday!

good morning, CM's from Southern California. Another really hot one promised. We had power alerts yesterday.

I talked to my mother's conservator last night. She has started to get house cleaning services twice a week and has a home nurse come out once a week. She's about to begin Meals on Wheels. We were afraid she would vehemently refuse all of it, but she didn't. Mother really needs all these services and has for a long time.

Have a nice Tuesday, all.

J.
Old August 10th, 2004, 11:21 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

Good morning everyone from cloudy, cool SE Wisconsin. Unlike others, I love this weather, so I am sorry that you are suffering....but I much prefer this to hot and humid weather.

Day off of work today.....have the usual stuff to do...laundry, shopping, etc.

Have a great day everyone!