Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 13th, 2004, 10:49 AM
Admiral

Default Bermuda cruise...Part 5

We deciced today was going to be our day of relaxation. Yes...a day at the beach. We were thinking about Horseshoe bay, but after yesterday's bus rides, we figured that it would be much easier to go to Tobacco Bay. It's about a 15 min walk from the ship, the worst part being the hill.

It's not a bad walk. It takes a little time but the walk takes you past the Unfinished Church.

By the time we got to the top of the hill, one of those isolated storms drenched us before we even got to the water. Luckily, by the time we got to the beach, the sun was out so we could dry out our clothes.

Tobacco Bay has a small beach, but the cove is surrounded by rocks. It makes it nice that families can take their kids and not have to worry about the crashing surf. And it is also great for the snorkelers. At the snack bar, you can rent a snorkel for $5 for the whole day. (I tried taking some pictures with a disposable underwater camera, but the water was so murky that they didn't come out.) We stayed a good portion of the day there. Ate at the snack bar, lie on the beach, swim a little...a very good day!

Looking back at my previous posts, I have neglected to mention anything about dining on the Majesty. Although some of the dinners were very good, (anytime I don't have to cook is good) several of the selections were, how do I say it?, a little boring. I have sailed on NCL ships for 5 out the last 6 years, and I believe it is time to revamp their menu. Next time, we may choose a different dining venue for those nights that are suspect. The food is not bad...it just needs help. <G>

During the evenings while we are in port, Bermuda law says that there can be a limited amount of entertainment that can be shown on the ship. No big production numbers by the dancers, but single acts, such as a comedian were allowed. And of course, no gambling! So after watching the comedy show, there was usually some kind of deck party until midnight. After that, a midnight snack, and it's time to go to bed. What a party animal! <VBG>

More to follow....

Ed

Norwegian Majesty
Sponsored Links
Old August 13th, 2004, 11:22 AM
pg

Default Re: Bermuda cruise...Part 5

How long does the ship say in one port?
I am enjoying reading your review, so keep posting more.
Old August 13th, 2004, 11:50 AM
Jeanne&Ellis

hummmm... no gambling forgot about that, DH would not be happy. Now will rethink to cruise Bermuda or not to cruise there. Thanks for the great review, makes me have a good idea about going there.

Jeanne

Old August 13th, 2004, 12:14 PM
cruisinKandJ.

I didn't think you could gamble in any port no matter where it is. Anybody know?

I enjoy the Bermuda reviews, too, Eddie, and the pics.

J.
Old August 13th, 2004, 06:31 PM
Admiral

No gambling in any ports, you're right. I don't gamble, so that's not a problem!
Enjoying your story Ed, keep it coming!

donna