Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 14th, 2004, 05:33 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to UConn1 Send a message via MSN to UConn1
Default Carnival/Port Canaveral Update

Just got off the phone with Carnival. Rep told me that the Glory waited out the storm around Bermuda last night and as of right now is just waiting off the coast (don't know how far out) for the Port Authority and Coast Guard to secure and reopen the Port sometime this morning. She said we will sail today, but expect a delay (she had no idea of how long - it depends upon when they open the Port.) They won't begin the security sweep until sometime around daybreak, so I am expecting at least a 4 hour delay. She told me that the last update they had was at 2AM and expect another one in the next couple of hours.

An odd storm item: My parents, my oldest brother, and myself all live in separate parts of the Orlando area (each about 15-20 miles apart). I think it odd that with all the power outages, that none of us ever lost power or recieved major damage. I think the Lord was watching over my family last night.

We are just waiting to hear from my youngest brother, who lives just east of St. Cloud, about what, if any, damage they recieved.

Nothing but downed trees at my complex and my brother lost a beam on his lanai, but the screen is still intact. My parents didn't recieve damage to personal property even though there was a lot of structural damage on US192 just 1 mile up the road.

They are out on MetroWest Blvd clearing the trees right now - my guess is because of the Fire Station accross the street from me.

Well, I am finally packed and almost ready to go, just waiting on news on when to head to the port.

Well, GOOD MORNING TO ALL!! I would love to hear from other FL CMers as to how your faired. Hopefully you can update before I leave.

Hugs to all who survived Charley (and to those of you who were so concerned for us down here).

Jodi

Post Edited (08-14-04 06:23)
Sponsored Links
Old August 14th, 2004, 06:02 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Carnival/Port Canaveral Update

Hi UConn, I sail today also (Inspiration). Hope you have a wonderful trip, you certainly deserve it after yesterday.
Old August 14th, 2004, 06:15 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

I watched the news this morning and saw all the horrible damage around Port Charlotte, and Punta Gorda, and it brought back memories of the damage from huricane Andrew. How sad to see all that damage, and the potential they say, for many many lost lives in trailer parks, that they cannot get into yet Prayers to all those in the area, I hope, like Jodi, and her family, you survived unscathed.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old August 14th, 2004, 07:24 AM
Mike Henigan

Cool, sounds like you'll get out to sea just fine, maybe a little late

We are meeting our Roll Call folks in about anhour for brekfast here at the Embassy Suites. Then travel to the Caribbean Princess for a WONDERFUL CRUISE!!!

See everyone in about 8 days or so

Mike
...Newlywed for just 6 days!
Old August 14th, 2004, 07:56 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to UConn1 Send a message via MSN to UConn1

jeleja - How are things in Tampa? Hope you get out on time today and have a great embarkation day tomorrow! We originally booked this week on the Inspiration, but changed to Glory on a whim. I will be calling them in about 15 minutes to get the final update. I am doing last minute packing and hoping that all will be OK. News is saying that all major roads have been cleared so it should be smooth sailing to get to port.

Jodi

Old August 14th, 2004, 11:04 AM
Admiral

Jeleja-have a great trip!!! Bon Voyage!!