Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 16th, 2004, 07:43 AM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to Cruisechic2005 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruisechic2005
Default Summer Job 2005 in Alaska???

Hey, I live in Upstate NY and my mom suggested that since i'm graduating June 2005 and i'll be 18 in Oct. , i can do a lot of new things next summer... that i could look into traveling to Alaska for the Summer and working there, has anyone else done this or thought about it?? I think it would be a lot of fun, and in a way get me prepared for college and just be an all around good experience... i still have a lot of research to do mind you, its still just a thought. If i did this, i would attempt to get a Job in a city type area like Ancorage because i would like to go to college in a city (i live in a farm county and just looking at options) My Aunt also did this when she grad. from highschool so i would talk to her... Any thoughts on this rough draft would be greatly appreciated!! THANKS!!!

Unforgetable!
Sponsored Links
Old August 16th, 2004, 08:10 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Summer Job 2005 in Alaska???

Sounds like a wonderful idea to me! I just returend from my first visit to Alaska and it is beautiful. One of our bus drivers on a tour was from Michigan I think. He was going to school, and worked summers in the tourist industry. Lived with several other drivers in a large apartment of some sort.

Have you played CruiseMates Cruise Trivia Today?
Old August 18th, 2004, 12:08 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Summer Job 2005 in Alaska???

A friend of mine's younger sister is working up in Alaska right now. She goes out on the fishing boat tours and apparently makes pretty good money. She's not sure exactly where, just knows Alaska. You may want to search the internet for fishing tours up there and then inquire about a job. That is, of course, if that interests you. Good Luck!

Robin

Costa Atlantica 3/2004
Brilliance 2/2005
Brilliance 2/2006
Brilliance 2/2007
Explorer 2/2008