Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 22nd, 2004, 05:11 AM
Admiral

Default Rise and Shine ..it's Sunday

Good morning mates...my DH is snoring, the frogs are croaking....where are my ear plugs? I am sipping on my coffee and reading about the hurricane victims.

My back hurts from lugging heavy stuff at the kennel but I am so glad I went. Today we are heading to the hardest hit area ..Punta Gorda. After church we are coming home first since the animal shelter gave us some supplies for the hurricane victims <like bug spray, candles etc>

I called my TA yesterday and the docs are in. I am heading there tomorrow morning to pick them up.

Have a wonderful day mates.........

Old August 22nd, 2004, 06:20 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Rise and Shine ..it's Sunday

Good Morning All
Its a 12 hr shift @ work today.
Hope its a good weekend for everyone.
Old August 22nd, 2004, 06:32 AM
First Mate

It's very early here on the west coast. It's raining up here in Seattle for the first time in a while. It's been a nice summer up, but very dry. My DW got back from her church camp so it ws nice to get a break on taking care of the kids. I am up working of course, and hoping to actually get our cruise booked this week, assuming I can get the time off. Going down to Seattle today to see my sister. Hope you all have a nice Sunday.
Old August 22nd, 2004, 07:31 AM
Admiral

Good Morning from wc Ark where it is still wet and getting wetter...I am thinking about opening up an inland port for cruises..

Sue? are you ever going to rest?..You are doing a lot of good whether you know it or not. Good Morning to Ccats and Daltech..hope you all have a great day.
To all that follow ...have a great Sunday and enjoy what ever you are undertaking for the day..God Bless and stay safe.
It is work for me today and the next two off..I really need my cruise to get here soon.

Old August 22nd, 2004, 07:36 AM
Admiral

Morning all, from a bright and sunny Montreal that promises to be a nice day. My brother-in-law arrived Fri. night, and we spent yesterday at the Canadian Railway Museum, where my husband and I got married 3 years ago. They have built a new addition since then, and it was very interesting for the 2 train buffs in the family! We also went out to a lovely restaurant last night for a fabulous dinner, and we are going out again this morning for a brunch with my mom and her sister, who is leaving tomorrow. BIL is leaving later today. I might actually have to cook tonight! !
Have a great Sunday everybody!

donna

Old August 22nd, 2004, 08:14 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone,

Sue my utmost compliments on what you are doing. GOOD JOB ! Just don't overdo it.

My nap, yesterday, turned into 18 hours of sleep. My daughter came over at 2:00 PM and saw me conked out so she let me sleep and went and saw Betty. Betty is doing much better and will be home later this morning. They just wanted to watch her and make sure she didn't get any worse and the swelling in her throat went down. I guess she still looks like lizard woman but the itching is better. She will be on steroids, benadryl and Zantac for a few days. I guess Zantac helps with allergies and itching. I'll have to put that in my limited memory box.

I awoke at 2:30 this morning to the sounds of crashing followed by a number of expletives. My son had crawled upstairs with his mini-cooler to get more ice and ice tea and ended up spilling the cooler and ice on the floor. I told him he was supposed to call me if he needed something but he didn't want to wake me. I got him back to bed, got his "stuff" for him and cleaned up the ice. He meets the surgeon tomorrow and will get his surgery scheduled. Good.

I hope everyone has a fun day planned and gets plenty of rest to tackle the upcoming week.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old August 22nd, 2004, 08:25 AM
Admiral

Good Morning everyone! John is asleep and I am getting some laundry started before church.

It is going to be a busy day here!

Have a great Sunday everyone.

Old August 22nd, 2004, 08:48 AM
Admiral

Morning everyone. Took time to see a movie yesterday, it's been a long dry spell since the last one. "Open Water" of course interested me as it is about two divers,stranded, left by their dive boat after an inaccurate head count. The movie depicts POSSIBLY a true ordeal. Guess that's all I better say about it in case you are headed to the theaters to see it. It's a "wait fo the DVD release" IMO.

Housework, paperwork, and errands to run today. Texas has been getting some needed rain off and on all weekend.

Have you played CruiseMates Cruise Trivia Today?
Old August 22nd, 2004, 09:09 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

Good morning from Orlando. We had a good trip to Jacksonville to drop off our daughter for college. The unloading was actually very organized....lots of fraternity boys lined up asking which room does this go to and they wouldn't even accept any $ for carrying the refrigerator! I have a hard time walking past her bedroom door now but I'm sure that'll get better.
Angela Z.
Old August 22nd, 2004, 09:47 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

Good morning everyone from SE Wisconsin where it is supposed to get to the 80's today.

Mike - glad Betty is feeling better.

Everyone have a great day!

Old August 22nd, 2004, 10:55 AM
cruisinKandJ.

Good morning from Southern California where it's so overcast, I can't see to type without help from SoCal Edison.

A quiet Sunday here . . . some breakcast, then a session with the L.A.Times, which my DH is already reading.

Have a nice Sunday!

J.
Old August 22nd, 2004, 11:40 AM
L&S80

Morning form the Pacific Northwest.......like Dale said......we got rain......none at the moment but we did need it......
We are off to meet some friends we met on our cruise last Sept.....they are in town.
Hope everyone has a great Sunday.......

Sharon
Old August 22nd, 2004, 12:59 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! My first night home from the cruise, and I don't like the feeling <G>

Phone rang at 3 AM, turned out some kids were out wandering and came across our dog, Sammy, wandering. Don't know how he got out of the yard, but thankfully they looked at his name tag, and called.

Will check to see if a gate wasn't locked... or if he figured out how to jump over the fence.

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old August 22nd, 2004, 01:14 PM
Lynne &Trevor

Good Afternoon!
It's now about 2:15PM, so I guess I missed the Morning,eh?
I slept in, went to church, then Walmart,then home. I've just finished reading a bit of the paper and lunch will be ready in about 15 minutes,Trevor said.

Have a very nice and relaxed day, if you can. Lynne