Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 29th, 2004, 07:39 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Default Good Sunday Morning

Good morning everyone. It looks like many are enjoying some well deserved rest. It is a foggy morning here in The Land of 10,000 Lakes. Our state fair is in full swing. Betty and I may swing by there later this week. There isn't nothing like walking through the cattle barn while drinking a chocolate shake.

I hope everyone has a great Sunday and a wonderful rest of the week.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Sponsored Links
Old August 29th, 2004, 09:14 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Good Sunday Morning

Good Morning Mike! I slept in till 9am and still you're the only other CruiseMate up and around!
Yesterday James and I had a wonderful surprise. While shopping at the mall, we ran into his son and our grand-daughter who we haven't seen since Easter. (involved in a custody dispute, her mother had taken her out of the province). He had just gotten her back and she is so grown up-looking! We spent a wonderfu hour in her company, letting her get to know us again, and we have planned a little birthday party for her today, (she will be 2 on Tuesday). Did my heart good I'll tell you, and her grandfather's too!
Looks to be a wet miserable day here in Montreal with thundershowers forecast for much of the day. Hope you all have a better Sunday!

donna

Old August 29th, 2004, 09:17 AM
Admiral

Good morning from Long Island. Sunny and warm today. Have to finish cutting the lawn today but then it's a pool day. Have to take advantage of the last gasp of the summer that never happened here in the Northeast this year.

Have a good day everyone.

Carnival Glory
Old August 29th, 2004, 09:22 AM
First Mate

Good morning..I'm up and already at work. Luckily it's a dreary day here in Ohio..doesn't make me feel so bad having to work on a Sunday when the weather is bad . Have a good day everyone.
Old August 29th, 2004, 09:27 AM
Admiral

GoodMorning...Mike, Donna, Tweets, and Jeleja...I am back from our little weekend get-a-way and I am paying for it now..My back is out and it will be heating pad and meds for today..I can't even do the DDM wiggle......hope all of you have a great day and I have never tried the Milkshake in the cattle barn before..O....

Don't know how long my comp is going to keep going but it seems okay right now.
We did pretty good on our little get a way. I did'nt win enough for another cruise though, but did win enough to put back for the upcoming one..>G< Trying to get caught up on the threads..Please stay safe and have a good day.

Post Edited (08-29-04 08:59)
Old August 29th, 2004, 09:30 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

Good morning from Orlando where today will be a laundry and hang out by the pool kind of day.....at least until the afternoon thunderstorms kick in.
Angela Z.
Old August 29th, 2004, 09:49 AM
Yeoman

Happy Sunday everyone. My son & his wife are moving into their first house today, so it's lots of work & excitement all round.
Nancy

Explorer of the Seas
Old August 29th, 2004, 10:30 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Good Sunday Morning

Good morning on a beautiful morning here in the San Francisco Bay Area! Today is the last day of my two week vacation and not looking forward to what awaits me at work tomorrow morning. Spending some time in the pool looks like a winner for today.
Old August 29th, 2004, 10:50 AM
cruisingkandJ

Default Re: Re: Re: Good Sunday Morning

Good morning, CM's, from Southern California where it's delightfully cool.

Mike, you're right about fairs. My parents and I were regular attendees at the small fair that came to our town in Minnesota every July Fourth. Now my DH and I go the the L.A.County Fair only every so often. It's the largest county fair in the country, and the last time we were there, I could tell how old I was getting to be: I looked around at the unending fair sprawling in all directions with no boundaries, and thought, "OMG, I can't do it!" But the livestock section is my favorite after all those years. Keith likes the potography Building.

This morning, it's breakfast, read the L.A.Times, then do the crossword. After htat, who knows?

Have a lovely Sunday, everybody.

J.
Old August 29th, 2004, 11:05 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

Good morning everyone from SE Wisconsin where on August 29 it is only 55 degrees at 10:00am!!!!!! Yesterday evening was rainy and windy and cold....a typical October rain.........and some of the trees have already started changing color - almost a month ahead of schedule.

Have a great day everyone...and BJ - take those meds and relax that back!!!!

Old August 29th, 2004, 12:02 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids..the chicken wings are marinating,the potato salad is almost ready..the sausage is bursting out of the fridge...oh my...Strap a feedbag and come on over y'all..The photo cake came out fabulous, and all is ready..I could eat this baby Aiden alive, and if I pinch his cheek one more time someone will call 911 Whatta day we will have !!!

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old August 29th, 2004, 12:21 PM
Admiral

Good morning everyone! DW is down in the kitchen preparing clams and spagetti. Also a few crabs (not including me). The reality that vacation is over will sink in tomorrow when I am off to NYC for work. What a pain in the bum this week will be. Maybe the "Incredibly Fit Blondes Against George Bush" will hold a nude protest near my building.

Everyone have a great day!! I added a few more photos to the gallery but it still refuses to let me access for the most part.

Post Edited (08-29-04 11:52)

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old August 29th, 2004, 12:27 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Sun is shining in Calgary today. We're supposed to enjoy a respite from the rain for at least a few days.

My niece from Washington, D.C. came in for the weekend, and brought along a new beau, to meet my parents. We all went out for dinner last night, to give them a feed of Alberta beef.

Taking advantage of having both Kuki Jrs home again, and sent them to open the joint up this morning. Think I'm going to have a bit of a lazy day, watch my house get painted, and play frisbee with Sammy.

Old August 29th, 2004, 12:40 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Kuki:
Be careful with Sammy and the Frisbee. A few years a go, Kramer the Yellow Lab became Kramer the Navajo White Lab after getting too close to a klutzy owner who was painting the house. :-)

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old August 29th, 2004, 02:21 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon from sunny, cool, beautiful WI.

Now I have to start watching that little ole "Frances" and make sure you all blow hard together at the same time to keep her out to sea.

Mike, I hope you and Betty have fun at the fair if you get to go this weekend. I know the cows will be happy that you are enjoying that "utterly" delicious chocolate shake.

Ugh, I better quit while I'm ahead. Have a good day everyone.

Phyll

Old August 29th, 2004, 06:03 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon from cloudy Vancouver. I got up just in time to see the start of the Closing Olympic Ceremonies!! Lazy,eh?!! Obvisouly nothing planned for today!!
I felt real bad for the Brazilian Marathon runner when that crazy de-frocked priest knocked him off his pace! The Brazilian showed real class though finishing up and showing more happiness than most ever could!!
Take care.