Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 30th, 2004, 03:02 AM
Admiral

Default It's Monday!!!!! <sigh>

Good morning from the Jersey Shore. First day back to work after cruise. I can hardly wait!!!! Work week is going to be interesting with the Convention going on in NYC. I hate interesting, it usually means getting home late. Hope everyone has a great day and week ahead!!!

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Sponsored Links
Old August 30th, 2004, 04:36 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2
Default Re: It's Monday!!!!! <sigh>

Good Monday Morning Cruise Mates!! It is going to be a hot one here in the Lakes Region of NH. Back to work today after a weekend away at the cottage in Orange Ma. Hot and steamy there too but relaxing. Have a great day all.

Cruznut2

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old August 30th, 2004, 04:52 AM
Admiral

Another great Monday! Orlando is wonderful; at the airport for another trip to DC.

Have a great day!

"The test of a first rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function."

F Scott Fitzgerald

Silversea Silver Explorer (23nts) - Kangerlussuaq, Greenland - Nome, Alaska - Aug 14

Seven Seas Voyager (30nts) - Dubai - Cape Town - Nov 14
Old August 30th, 2004, 04:56 AM
Admiral

Good Monday from Ohio. Today is only going to be high of 76. Doug be sure to tell us all about your cruise. Everyone have a GREAT day.

08/29/09 - 09/05/09
Old August 30th, 2004, 05:13 AM
Admiral

Good morning all! Doug...welcome back to reality....nothing left to do but plan the next cruise! We are getting the effects of Gaston here this morning...but for us it is only rain...no wind. So here we go with another rainy Monday...seems to be the norm lately.
I have a busy morning ahead...tomorrow is payday...so I'd better get the checks done!
Have a great day.

RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Old August 30th, 2004, 06:04 AM
First Mate

Good Morning Everyone
Another Monday; another day closer to the next cruise. To make Monday worse than what it is, I walked out & left my coffee at home. What a way to start the day.
Ya'll have a good one.

"If we weren't all crazy we'd go insane"
Old August 30th, 2004, 06:28 AM
Admiral

Mornin' all,

I've been busy wringing my clothes out this weekend. Man, was it ever muggy! With temps in the mid 80's and humidity in the 90's it felt like Florida. <G> With those temps, it felt like we were on a cruise, but I couldn't find the Calypso Band. Bummer!
We were almost tempted to get the air conditioner out, but it's supposed to cool off tonight, so we roughed it for a couple of nights.

Hope everybody had a good weekend.

Have a great day!

Ed

Norwegian Majesty
Old August 30th, 2004, 06:45 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: It's Monday!!!!! <sigh>

Good morning from swfl....just read the post from Jim about hurricane Frances..I know most people here can not take another hit like Charly..I am leaving saturday to fly to CO but if we have a hurricane coming I am not sure what I will do. I don't want to see another hurricane thats for sure....Taking oldest daughter to the post office today and she wanted to visit the dollar store. Baby Aiden is getting big and he is talking back to you now <yeah they start early> it is so cute what comes out of his mouth...

I miss my cat but I know I did the right thing. My dh put away the rest of her stuff last night and cleaned up some blood in the tub..she was bleeding a lot and layed in the tub for some reason. I wish everyone a nice monday and I know I am counting the days until I will be on the ship.....

Old August 30th, 2004, 06:52 AM
Lynne &Trevor

Good Morning Everybody,
Yes, it's Monday, and my boss leaves today for 3 weeks. Of course, he'll have a conference tacked on to his vacation at Lake Junaluska, NC. So, I'll be the "Activities Presence" while he's gone.
It's still slightly overcast down here in Avon Park Fl. Trevor has already done his walking and running and says it's very humid outside. We're keeping an eye on Hurricane Frances,but will be really tuned in at the end of the week. I don't want anything to interfere with our cruise in 3 weeks.

Better go for now, as I'm trying to eat my oatmeal and drink my coffee and type.DH "let" me sleep in this morning, and I didn't wake up until 7:30. Yesterday afternoon and evening our server was down again. I don't understand what's happening there. And, DH was on here in the AM so I didn't have the chance to say hello.

Bye for now. Lynne

Old August 30th, 2004, 07:11 AM
First Mate

Good morning from Ohio. It's going to be pretty decent here today, not real hot. A good day for me to get some work done out in my yard. I worked all weekend so I am OFF today YAY!!

Carol - Looks like a good week weather-wise for us Buckeyes
Old August 30th, 2004, 07:27 AM
Admiral

Good morning Cruisemates. ML we're just getting rain here too I believe, really can't complain much we had a really nice week and a georgeous weekend.

Ed you have my full sympathies as does anyone who has to go into the city this week. I'm sure it will be a zoo getting around in the city and getting in and out. Too bad you aren't on a cruise this week.

Have a good day everyone.

Carnival Glory
Old August 30th, 2004, 07:28 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone from the Land of 10 days of Summer. It is going to be another below normal day here. It is also going to be a busy one. Betty has to go into the hospital for a quick check on the old gall bladder. It's just a CT, so not a big deal.

After that it's off to get a second opinion on our son and his back. The shot last Wednesday helped but not too much. He is more comfortable laying down but still can't stand or walk for more than a minute or two. We had a long talk yesterday and put together a plan so he can get his clients taken care of and get the surgery done at the same time.

Grandpa's job during this is to be the official "Ramie Wrangler" and keep our granddaughter occupied. This should be easy. We are the same mental age. We will have to take her with because her mom and dad have a course they are teaching to other vets on avian (bird) blood transfusion. Did you know you can give a pigeon, parrot blood and vice versa? :-)

I hope everyone has a great day.

Sue: Be careful about teaching the cute stuff to Aiden. I taught Ramie the raspberries and guess what she is now doing to everyone she meets? <VBG> Today we'll work on when to use it.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old August 30th, 2004, 07:35 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Mates..another day and another dollar..make me scream and make me holler...>G<..Hope all of you are going to have a good week..It sure is hard to come back to work after a good, long weekend...But my back is lots better after a full day on the couch and heating pad yesterday..and Oh yea..the meds. Mike I can sure symp with your son and his back problems. Hope everything works out for him. I am really watching the weather because of all you Family members down there In Fla. Boy you guys dont need another hit. Praying that it will take a hard right hand turn away.
Have a great day Mates and please stay safe.

Hope we hear from VTjen today and her surgery

Old August 30th, 2004, 07:51 AM
Admiral

Morning, cruisers. It's Monday, ugh. The 3-day weekend can't get here soon enough. I need to keep repeating, work-live-cruise, work-live-cruise. Having a delayed attack of PCD. The CM Pirates of the Caribbean cruise next February just seems way too far away. I may need a fix before that.

Pretty good weekend I guess, little of this and that. Bought a new refrigerator, washer and dryer (more cruise $ than I care to calculate). But, will enjoy them too. That is if we ever get to move in to our new home!

Ya'll be good and watch out for Frances.

Have you played CruiseMates Cruise Trivia Today?
Old August 30th, 2004, 08:12 AM
Admiral

Default Re: It's Monday!!!!!

Good Morning, Cruise Mates, from the Arizona desert, where the dry air and high temperatures are back again! Supposed to be 107 today! Ugh! Oh well, this should be on the downswing here very soon.

Jose and I had a great Sunday together, and now it's back to work for me. His days off are Sunday and Monday, so he's still sleeping! !

Have a wonderful week, and celebrate the glory of being alive!

edited to add:
Mermaid - chase those PCDs away with a short little jaunt with the Chicks on the Majesty of the Seas!

Post Edited (08-30-04 08:12)
Old August 30th, 2004, 08:23 AM
Admiral

Good morning all. We had a great long weekend trip visiting my parents. Unfortunately, I have developed a cold and now feel kinda "out of it."

I don't have time to catch up on all the posts I missed, so I hope everyone is doing well.

Cheers,
Michelle P.

Old August 30th, 2004, 08:57 AM
Cruise Maniac

hi all from derry, nh.

we are warm and muggy here. kids went back to school today!!!! yahoo!!!!

we're keeping our fingers and toes crossed that frances goes out to sea!!

next........victory for thanksgiving 04

Turkey Day on the Victory!!
Old August 30th, 2004, 09:02 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! We're unsure if it's going to be muggy and warm, or cool and showery in Calgary. The weather gods are acting strange. Though we did have a very nice weekend.

My business partner is off in New York this week. Yup, told her she was NUTS to be in the city during the convention.... so I think I may be the happier of the two, working <G>

A short shopping stop for supplies on my way in this morning, for the start of what I hope is an uneventful week.

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old August 30th, 2004, 09:17 AM
Jeanne&Ellis

Good Monday CMs, Hope everyone had a nice weekend and this week goes by fast and without anything happening down here in SE Florida. Keeping one eye on the weather channel for sure!! Hot and humid today. Have a great day.

Jeanne

Old August 30th, 2004, 09:43 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

Good morning from Orlando. I'm off on Monday's but no more sleeping in for me.....had to take my son to school since my daughter is off at college now and he doesn't have his license yet. Oh well, it's good bonding time, right?
Keeping an eye on Frances. I especially didn't like the map one of the stations showed last night which showed Charley's route over Florida and then Frances' possible route and they formed a big X right over Orlando.
Angela Z.
Old August 30th, 2004, 09:48 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

Good morning eveyone from gorgeous SE Wisconsin. Woke up way too early this AM because of some minor road fixing going on right outside my house.......definitely didn't know they were going to be doing this today.....so I got up early and will take a long nap later before going to work.

Have a great day everyone!

Doug - sorry you have to go back to work...........bummer!

Old August 30th, 2004, 11:34 AM
Admiral

Good morning from the other Wisconsinite. It may be gorgeous at Lisa's house, but its cold and cloudy in my neighborhood. AH, but life is good anyway.

VTJen, I hope you are doing ok. You're in my thoughts and prayers. Let us know how things are going if you are up to it.

I'll be keeping my eyes on Frances all week too. Florida doesn't need another disaster, nor does anyone else.

Have a good one all.

Phyll