Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 30th, 2004, 03:58 PM
Admiral

Default Good Afternoon - missed you this morning!

Hi all, missed posting this morning because I had to go into work early and I overslept, so it was a mad rush out of here! Also got to come home early, as it's a "ped day" of sorts - preparing for the new year and all the new kids on Wed. We had a meeting all morning, a wonderful catered lunch, and worked in our classrooms all afternoon.
Feels strange to be home before 6:30 pm, alost like playing hooky!
The weather is the pits here in Montreal today, cool and showers. Hope you all have had a better day...

donna

Old August 30th, 2004, 05:52 PM
Lynne &Trevor

Default Re: Good Afternoon - missed you this morning!

Hi Donna,
I hate it when I miss posting in the AM. I always attempt to post at night but not sure if anyone sees it. Thanks for bringing your post to our attention. See, it's going on 7PM here and no one has checked in with this thread.
Have a great evening.It was in the 90's again today down here. We may still get our evening storm, as I saw the clouds gathering while I was talking to my mother on my cell phone while still in the work parking lot. I wanted to catch her before supper, but I never quite make it-she's either just sat down, or is called to the table.

We are watching Hurricane Frances down our way. Once one is in a major hurricane, it doesn't take much to really pay attention the next time, especially since it is so close together.

I'll go for now. Trevor is making supper, and it will be ready in a minute. Take care. Lynne

Old August 30th, 2004, 05:59 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

Hi Donna,
We're also watching Frances here in Orlando......yikes.....sounds like you're ready for the "new year". I've always felt like September is more of a new year than January.
Angela Z.
Old August 30th, 2004, 06:05 PM
Admiral

Got my eyball on old Frances..hope she makes a hard right turn and goes back out to sea..I know our friends in Fla dont need this monster onshore..hang on and everyone blow east bound at 3pm on Fri...maybe she will go away
Old August 30th, 2004, 06:06 PM
Admiral

test...there we go..i was not logged in..we have had several crashes today and they were doing upgrades...sorry I got off the subject..

We missed you this morning too RollerD

Post Edited (08-30-04 18:07)
Old August 30th, 2004, 06:23 PM
cruisinKandJ.

Hi, Donna. I know it feels weird when you don't post on the morning thread. I tried a couple of times this a.m. I could get on the site, but the posting would not go through. Sounds like you had a nice day, though, in spite of the over-sleep.

Maybe we'll both get on tomorrow morning!

J.
Old August 30th, 2004, 07:04 PM
Admiral

evening here but howdy RD. MIssed you on the morning thread.

Carnival Glory
Old August 30th, 2004, 07:59 PM
Admiral

Hi RD, We almost need a Morning thread for us who are late getting up and /or West Coasters!! I got up late again today:10:45!!!! I must have needed the sleep the last 2 mornings!! School is starting again next week, maybe my body knows that and is taking advantage of the last ,few sleeping-in days! It was a nice, warm ,mostly sunny day here in Vancouver and we went for a long swim in the Outdoor Pool after some Ballet registering, buying new leotards,new ballet shoes for the youngest, shopping,quick visit to my sister at her work. Hope everyone had a good day. Take care. Brenda

Old August 30th, 2004, 08:04 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Good Afternoon - missed you this morning!

Hi Donna..missed your post this morning I just dipped in the pool, the weather was hot and muggy today with a little bit of rain. I was in the pool twice today, a record for me. I took oldest daughter and grand baby to the store and post office. It has been nice here at home, very calm. Chatted with my MIL tonight to talk about my trip to CO on saturday.

I am very concerned about the hurricane. I pray to God it will not do any harm to us or anyone else.