Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 2nd, 2004, 11:00 PM
First Mate

Default Port Of Baltimore rumor??

Has anyone heard any information/rumor about the Port Of Baltimore closing down all cruises in 2005? Our next door neighbor ( a policeman & you know you can trust them, well sorta', we have one in our family) said that the Baltimore Sun Newspaper ran an article Sunday, that the Port would be closing next year. Not enough interest.?...the complaints that we have heard, was that certain lines were over-booking & leaving a lot of irate customers on the dock!!!

We sailed that Grandeur out of there in May & have another cruise booked for later this month. Baltimore is very easy for us to drive to. I HATE FLYING...so it has been great having this convenience.

Thanks!

Perplexed PUDY from PA.
Sponsored Links
Old September 3rd, 2004, 12:38 AM
Familiar Face

Default Re: Port Of Baltimore rumor??

The Royal Caribbean website schedule still shows the Grandeur leaving from Baltimore summer 05. We were told on our Celebrity cruise in July that Galaxy will move to Galveston. Cheers!
Old September 3rd, 2004, 06:58 AM
salem5050

I live in Baltimore, and sure hope they do not close our port!

So far I have cruised 4 times but never had a chance to leave from Baltimore.

Mary Margaret
Old September 3rd, 2004, 07:15 AM
Admiral

Living an hour from Baltimore, I have not yet cruised out of there yet, but have friends who have and love it. It may not be the perfect setup, but it is convenient.

I was really hoping that other lines would follow suit and start brining ships in.
Old September 3rd, 2004, 10:15 AM
First Mate

Thanks to each of you that responded.

Salem5050...do you know of anyway of getting a copy of the Sunday newspaper?
I pulled them up, on line, but could not find the article & our dear neighbor had re-cycled his paper on Tuesday.

CruiseAholic....yes the port is a tad rustic, but easy to get to. Since you don't have to fly anywhere, it also saves $$ on the cost of the cruise.

FranD.....we sail on the Galaxy, in a couple of weeks, for the W/Caribbean. I hope you enjoyed your cruise. This is our first time on the Galaxy & we are looking forward to our trip.

If you hear of any news, on the port, please let me know.

Thanks again, Pudy
Old September 3rd, 2004, 12:09 PM
Joyful

Default Re: Re: Port Of Baltimore rumor??

Our local paper is available online, with a search option. Maybe your paper has the same.......