Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 3rd, 2004, 01:59 AM
Jan M

Default I need help

Looking forward to hearing from people about what to take as far as clothes, shoes, etc. My first trip will be on 11/1 thru 11/5 to San Diego, Catalina and Ensenada. Second one on 11/17 to the Mexican Riveria on the Spirit. Should I book excursions from the ship or wait till on shore? Anyone out there going on these cruises? Jan
Sponsored Links
Old September 3rd, 2004, 06:10 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Sea Trekker
Default Re: I need help

Jan,
Your best bet for help on what to pack is on the message board Pratical advice, then go to packing line for more info.
As for excursions, book them from the ship, that way you are safe and sure that it is right for you.
Hope this helps
Carole
Old September 3rd, 2004, 08:49 AM
Admiral

a good pair of walking sneakers are a must.
Pack a pair of water sandals or flip-flops- as the decks get hot and if you are going to any beach- the sand can get hot.
1 pair of black dress shoes, or strappy sandals for women
1 pair of casual shoes- boat type shoes for men, flat sandals for women
light sweater/jacket or sweatshirt for possible cool days and nights
If your dress is strapless, halter or sleeveless style a wrap or a nice lacy sweater is a good idea as the dining rooms can be chilly.
Daywear is usually short & t-shirt or tank tops, depending upon the weather
Old September 3rd, 2004, 03:09 PM
venice

tell your husband that you want this to be the most romantic thing he has ever done for you and tell him the only thing you are packing is your sexy night garments, female items and what you will wear the day you board the ship. Then tell him he will buy you everything else you need on a daily basis (smile).

I'm sure you'll get lots of help from fellow posters

many years ago I was taking a trip to Venice and I told my then girlfriend she had to pack everything in one bag that could be carried on the airplane. She thought about it for a minute and gave me the above reply. I told her I didn't have a problem if she just wore what she packed (smile). When she got to Venice and had to do all that walking along the cobblestone streets she understood why I said one bag. She managed to do 2 bags but she had to carry them