CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   Travel Insurance (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/269772-travel-insurance.html)

jeleja September 3rd, 2004 10:01 PM

Travel Insurance

I am looking at Access America for travel insurance. They have 2 plans I was interested in. One is the Navigator Comprehensive, the other is the Travel with Ease Comprehensive. Does anyone have any ex[perience with either of these plans? Or, does anyone have any advice for a company to use for travel insurance? And finally has anyone ever heard of a company called "I Travel Insuranced" ? Any info you could give me would be greatly appreciated.

Mike M September 3rd, 2004 10:21 PM

Re: Travel Insurance

jelaja:
There is a website, www.insuremytrip.com ,that compares coverage of many different travel insurance policies. I have not used either of the companies you mention but I have heard of Access America and know that a number of people use it.

Take care,
Mike

Cruizin K and J September 4th, 2004 12:16 PM

Re: Re: Travel Insurance

We've used CSA several times but have never had a claim with them. You can get it at www.CSAWebDirect.com. The coverage is better than we had on Holland America; however, I noticed this morning they announced that they stopped paying hurricane Frances claims.

K

cruisinKandJ. September 4th, 2004 12:17 PM

I think that Keith and I have used Access America in the past. But what I wanted to recommend to you is CSA Travel Protection Services. Unfortunately, some years ago, we had to abort a cruise half way through, and CSA took care of it all. We bought them again for a cruise in '05. You can contact them at 1-800-348-9505.

J.

cruisinKandJ. September 4th, 2004 12:29 PM

Now that everybody's totally confused, I'd better own up that the info I gave you was wrong. It was Holland America's insurance that we took out when we had to leave the cruise mid-way.

Also, I recall they didn't want to reimburse us for the post-cruise hotel ($1200), nor the trip home. Our travel agent went to bat for us on the hotel, and that was resolved, but we had to pay our own way home from Stockholm to NY to LA.

Do use CSA, though!

J.

DougR. September 4th, 2004 12:42 PM

Re: Re: Travel Insurance

I have been using Travel Guard and was pleased with the service when I had to cancel a cruise in 2001 due to a family health crisis.

Donna September 4th, 2004 06:27 PM

We've also been using CSA for the past few cruises and even had to make a claim earlier this year, they paid fully and in a reasonable amount of time. Here are a few you can check on:

CSA Travel Insurance

Travel Guard Insurance

jeleja September 4th, 2004 07:24 PM

Thank you so much everyone!