Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 4th, 2004, 07:15 AM
First Mate

Default Saturday

Just a good morning post to all.
To those in the path of Frances & those that left, we are praying for you.
Hope everyone has a good weekend & stay safe.

"If we weren't all crazy we'd go insane"
Sponsored Links
Old September 4th, 2004, 08:30 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip
Default Re: Saturday

Hi Kids,
Its a beautiful Saturday here,and I am greatful...I am off to work, and I am sure it will be slow as molasses I will bring a good book..Good thoughts to all in Florida.....

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old September 4th, 2004, 08:37 AM
Admiral

Good Morning cruisemates. Take care Florida residents, I'll keep my fingers crossed!
This morning begins the long awaited "move". Will be working at it all weekend. Guess it's aptly named for me anyway, Labor Day. lol

Have you played CruiseMates Cruise Trivia Today?
Old September 4th, 2004, 08:42 AM
Admiral

Good Morning from work..I am thinking of nothing but this storm..Wondering if by it slowing down is going to make it worse by all the flooding it will cause of if it speeds up and just gets on across..It's driving me nuts and I dont even live in Fla but You know that I am really concerned about all of you that do live there. Hang in there Folks and maybe it will be over soon. Prayers still going out to all of you.

Jim and leslie..hope you have a good day and weekend
Trip..Dont read..I mean work to hard..>G<
Merm..dont strain that back now while moving and go slow. I know you are looking forward to the new place.

Everyone else have a great day and stay safe

Old September 4th, 2004, 08:47 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning Jim and Leslie from the land where I will be taken to court for spousal abuse. I was having some sort of a dream last night when Betty got home and I was talking and moaning. She decided to shake me to wake me up. Well, I guess that wasn't a good idea. I awoke swinging and she got hit. (This isn't normal for me: The nightmare or the swinging) She is a bit sore on her side and I don't think it did any real damage. The bad part is that I got so startled when she yelled that I forgot what the heck I was dreaming about but it must have been a doozy

I've been watching the morning news shows with their people reporting from Florida. It is starting to look a little nasty. I hope everyone only ends up with a few palm fronds on the lawn. Stay safe and I am thinking of all the Florida Cruisemates.

Today, we will be taking it easy and doing some financial business and then dinner with friends.

I hope everyone has a great day and once again, all you Floridians; My best to you all.

Edit; John, Merm, Trip: You folks write too fast. :-) You weren't there when I started to write this. <VBG>

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old September 4th, 2004, 09:09 AM
susancruzs

Good Morning Everyone!

Mike, Mike, Mike what were you dreaming??? Hmmmm????

Mermaid, glad to hear you are finally getting in the new place, how exciting! Be careful with the moving part, make sure Merman does the heavy stuff! :-)

I'm just doing some Sat. chores, leaving the TV/computer on so I can check on Frances and listening to Jim Cantori/Weather Channel concerned about you Florida folks!

I just wish Frances would get it over with already, speed up and be gone. May not be the category she was but hanging around, with endless rain is not a good thing either. A few years back I remember a tropical storm they talked about for days and days that hung around the panhandle/New Orleans, etc. I hope this doesn't happen with Frances! Geeeeesh!!!!

Thinking of all of you and please, please be safe!

Susie
Old September 4th, 2004, 09:38 AM
Admiral

Good morning Cat, the start of a three day weekend. What a nice thought.

Merm don't lift too many heavy things. Congrats on the move, I know you have been looking forward to this for a long time.

Mike, it's a wonder Betty didn't punch you back. Sure hope that dream doesn't return anytime soon.

John I agree, we have so many friends that are in Florida and some in the path of the storm that I find myself obsessed with news of this hurricane. At least it has decreased in strength and will wreck less havoc. Everyone in Florida, stay safe.

Susie glad to hear from you. You have been missed.

Trip what book are you reading today?

only 77 more days till we leave for Carnival Victory Thanksgiving cruise. It's starting to seem closer now.

Carnival Glory
Old September 4th, 2004, 10:12 AM
Admiral

Morning all from Montreal where it looks like it will be a beautiful day/weekend, a touch of summer at last!
Trip, isin't it awful when you get involved in a good book - you don't even want to work!
Mermaid, I'm trying to figure out how a Mermaid is going to carry things up stairs with those flippers?......
John, I share your concern about our Florida mates, I'll be watching CNN and the weather channel here!
Mike, there's just no end to the trouble at your house is there? <VBG> Hope you and Betty enjoy a nice dinner with friends tonight - you both deserve a break!
Susie, nice to see you again, and hi to Tweety, Jim and Leslie!

I'm off to do not much of anything this weekend, just relax and recover from my week of 10-hour days! Take care all....

donna

Old September 4th, 2004, 10:31 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

Good morning from Orlando where as I said in Jodi's post all our hatches have been battened and now we wait for Frances.
Stay safe everybody.
Angela Z.
Old September 4th, 2004, 10:35 AM
Admiral

Looks like its going to be a beautiful weekend here at the Jersey Shore except for rip tides caused by Frances. Tried a recipe for shrimp creole we picked up during a cooking demo on the Enchantment. It was wonderful! My wife always appreciates my culinary efforts when I am off on Friday and she works. I should have my review of the Enchantment up this weekend and more photos.

Prayers and thoughts still with those who are in Frances' path. Everyone have a great day!!!

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old September 4th, 2004, 10:57 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

Good morning everyone from muggy SE Wisconsin.

Prayers and good thoughts heading to all our Florida friends.

Going to be a hot summer day here.........the a/c will be getting a work out and I will be doing laundry and shopping......and watching the Weather Channel!

Old September 4th, 2004, 11:15 AM
Admiral

Mornin' all,

I don't normally get on the computer during the weekend, but I thought I'd check up on all the goings-on down in Florida. Although it's now a cat. 2, Frances looks like it's going to pack a sustained whuppin' on you guys in FL. Just be careful, and be safe! Our prayers go out to you and your friends and neighbors.

Ed

Norwegian Majesty
Old September 4th, 2004, 11:31 AM
Cruizin K and J

Default Re: Re: Saturday

Good morning from Southern California where it's cool now, but will be hot here inland. Later today, Keith and I will drive to Newport Beach for a couple of nights. Weather should be a lot cooler there.

I will post from the hotel. And I am hoping for safety for all people and property in Florida. I was glad to hear that Frances was downgraded again.

Have a good Saturday, all.

J.
Old September 4th, 2004, 12:05 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates!

Think we're all on the same track here, watching Frances and thinking positive thoughts for our Florida cruisemates!!!

Looks like the sun is going to show itself in Calgary again, and the wet /cold weather will disappear for a couple of days. If the sun stays out I'll be golfing this afternoon<G>

Merm.. congrats on the big move! Has to be very exciting to move into the new digs. We're expecting pictures.

Mike.. after hitting Betty (for any reason), I don't want to be you!!!!

Old September 4th, 2004, 12:46 PM
Admiral

Good morning Cruise Mates from another cloudy,cool Vancouver day. Not much planned for today;got to get this neglected mess of a house tidied up. "Homemaking" is definitely not my strong point!!
Mermaid-enjoy your new house!
FLA people-hope it the hurricane goes through okay.
Everyone-hope your day goes well. Take care. Bye for now.