Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 9th, 2004, 10:51 PM
Admiral

Default checking in from NJ... anyone want me to find generators ?

Hi yall... been here @ moms 3 days now ! and it is RAINING... so the packing hasnt seriously gotten under way YET... I did get out today & now know where Home Depot & Lowes are !! If anyone SERIOUSLY wants me to get a generator & ship it to them, I have some spare time on my hands ! THIS IS A SERIOUS OFFER !! I can get out see whats available... then post my findings tomorrow afternoon... I am set up as a seller on Ebay & I can accept payments from credit cards thru Paypal !! I will charge you the cost of the generator you choose, the shipping & maybe a little extra to cover the running around gas (say 2 or 3 bucks) !! Let me know if anyone is interested... if so... let me know what size you want me to look for as I have never shopped for these things before...

I hope you all take care - it seems like life has been quite unfair to you Floridians lately...

Best wishes,

Steph ( ready to leave NJ & get back to TX)
Sponsored Links
Old September 10th, 2004, 12:16 AM
pg

Default Re: checking in from NJ... anyone want me to find generators

Hey thats a nice offer, unfortunately the people who really need a generator probaly aren't able to go online right now! May be someone who still has power can spread the word by the grapevine!
Old September 10th, 2004, 06:41 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to UConn1 Send a message via MSN to UConn1

I will pass the work around work today and see if anyone needs one. I know a few of my co-workers are still without power and may take you up on it.

Jodi

Old September 10th, 2004, 08:41 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

Hi Steph,
I was on the phone with my brother in Point Pleasant NJ last night and he checked into shipping a generator to us....the shipping was more than the generator (at least overnight shipping) and then they wouldn't/couldn't guarantee that it would get here so we decided to just take what happens.......at least now we won't have to obsess about finding gas for it.
Hope your moving experience is going well.
Angela Z.
Old September 10th, 2004, 12:36 PM
Admiral

Hi Steph, No we do not need a generator! But just wanted to say "hi"; was wondering if you were back to Texas yet! Have good,safe trip back.

Old September 10th, 2004, 11:46 PM
Admiral

ok... Im not sure they even will have any... but I will offer to look if anyone wants one... Brenda... Im here for the long haul I guess... hubby flies in Oct 7th and we hope to load & hit the road shortly thereafter... although the down side to that is... I drove my truck here... so we each have to drive (WAHHH !!!) I guess its all worth it in the end... mom is freaking out cause Im pushing her to pack, pack, pack... we pulled 10 boxes of stuff just from the kitchen tonite for the garage sale... not even stuff she is keeping !! Why does 1 person need all that stuff ? I told her once its gone, she is not replacing it in TX... yeah right !! The rain has stopped... we hope to get the garage set up with tables tomorrow & maybe open up shop for a few hours on Sunday... if not... well... the fun starts NEXT weekend ! We gotta get this stuff GONE !! Take care everyone !!
Old September 11th, 2004, 12:06 AM
Admiral

I own a 7kw generator, (that I just bought from Home Depot, oddly enough) and have already put my back out twice moving the thing around, even though it has wheels. I had to build a ramp, so I can get it into my van, because lifting the thing alone ( I am a big, strong man) is only possible for one of the larger WWE celebrities.

That being said, shipping HAS to be insane, and must account for half the cost of it to buy in the first place. It is not worth $1200, by any means.