Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 10th, 2004, 10:32 AM
Bunny and Erin

Default Pamda, Gone but never forgotten

I Lurk, but seldom Write..Many of you are old Cruise friends.. Hello to you.. Just as we must say Farewell to Pam, Her heart was bigger then her Person.. Pam tried very hard to show others that are blind to see that they too, can enjoy the Sea.. After our Mystry Cruise she wrote an article for Cruise Travel Mag.. June, 02' on See/Sea Dog.. About my Guide Dog, Erin. In turn she donated her salary to my Guide School.. There is that Heart!!. In Happy Sails, she wrote about "This Is Not Noah's Ark", and said one of her best friends is a German Shepherd..Letting others know, that they too can travel all over the world..But most of all the Sea!! When she sent "Happy Sails" I had to laugh.. She remembered the Grass on the Veranda..
I still get questions from Guide Schools about traveling.. Pam made a big impact, telling those that are blind, that they too can enjoy the Sea, the People, the wonderful Places we have gone.
As many others, I will never forget her..I hope all of you Stop, say a Farewell Prayer in Memory of that wonderful person who had to curl her toes, to be 5 foot tall...She made an impact, a good memory, a laugh, to so many of us.. I know the Heavens opened up when she arrived..
Pamda, God Speed.. You will be forever with us...Ciao, Bunny and Erin
Sponsored Links
Old September 10th, 2004, 10:35 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.
Default Re: Pamda, Gone but never forgotten

Bunny, how wonderful to hear from you but wishing it was for a different reason.
Angela Z.
Old September 10th, 2004, 10:36 AM
Admiral

Bunny, how wonderful to hear from you but wishing it was for a different reason.
Angela Z.
Old September 10th, 2004, 10:37 AM
Admiral

Angela Z.
Old September 10th, 2004, 10:37 AM
Admiral

Angela Z.
Old September 10th, 2004, 10:56 AM
First Mate

That was a very nice tribute Bunny.

Carnival Mardi Gras - July 1991
RCCL Viking Serenade - November 1994
Carnival Pride - September 2004
Old September 10th, 2004, 11:21 AM
Admiral

Ok Bunny, I'm now sitting here crying !

What a lovely and heartfelt tribute to our friend.
Old September 10th, 2004, 11:34 AM
Bunny and Erin

Default Re: Re: Pamda, Gone but never forgotten

So Sorry, John.. You had the privlidge of being one of the 3 twins..And yes, She loved you! You were very Special to her..Ciao, Bunny and Erin
Old September 10th, 2004, 01:24 PM
Admiral

Good to hear from you Bunny ... a very loving tribute for Pam. I think her proudest moment was the publishing of that article about Erin and her human...You!

Old September 10th, 2004, 02:05 PM
Bunny and Erin

Default Re: Re: Pamda, Gone but never forgotten

Yes to all of you.. Good listening to you, again.. MGram be careful with the storm..We all need to Celebrate Pamda's life.. The good memories.. I think it would help us all at this time.. Ciao Bunny and Erin
Old September 10th, 2004, 03:18 PM
Admiral

Hi Bunny - It is so good to see you here. Pam will be missed by so many. I haven't read or posted in since the obituary posting. It is a thought I have every minute of the day, and reading about it is so difficult.

I have missed seeing you post here. Give sweet Erin and scratch on the head.

Old September 10th, 2004, 04:55 PM
Admiral

Bunny respecting Theresa wishes-- I did not e-mail you personally--- but I thought of you right away when I heard of Pamda's passing.
My thoughts and prayers have been with you too ! --- knowing the special friendship that you and Pamda share.
April
Old September 10th, 2004, 08:36 PM
Admiral

Bunny,

When Jose and I sailed with the Let's Get Lei'd bunch, Pamda spent time on several different occasions telling me about you and Erin. Her eyes would light up as she talked about her experience in getting to know you. She thought you both were very, very special, and it is obvious that the feeling was mutual. Thank you for sharing your memories with us.

I don't know about everyone else, but talking about Pam, reading stories about her and seeing favorite pictures that some of you have been posting is enormously helpful to me in the healing process.

I know she is smiling down on all of us.

Jennifer

Old September 10th, 2004, 08:51 PM
Admiral

Bunny, I've never seen you post before, but I'm fairly new here. I loved your tribute to Pamda, even though I didn't know her either, I feel I do because of all the outpouring of love from the CruiseMates. She sounds like a real special person, and so do you!
Give Erin a belly rub from me and my Golden Emma.

donna

Old September 11th, 2004, 01:40 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

Bunny and Erin - it is so good to see you post again. Pam was special to many of us....and we will all miss her. I too, remember how her eyes would light up at any mention of you or Island Dog. May we all be comforted by sharing our memories of her.

Old September 11th, 2004, 08:31 AM
Admiral

Hi Bunny! So very nice to see you post, and I hope you continue. The article Pam wrote about Erin was an eye-opener for many, I'm sure. You forgot to mention however that she was writing about you too, and your courage to travel with Erin by your side. I feel very honored to have shared a dining table with that wonderful dog laying by our feet. Pam brought your story to so many people.

Have you played CruiseMates Cruise Trivia Today?
Old September 11th, 2004, 12:50 PM
Passenger

Pam was really proud of that article. I found 5 copies of it in her office.

In case you missed it, I scanned it for the Happy Sails Website.

http://happysails.net/Pages/SeaDog/SeaDog.html

Old September 11th, 2004, 11:35 PM
Bunny and Erin

Hi to all of you, Most of all you, Queeg... knowing how happy Pamda was being married to you..You brought her such joy.. It was good to see such happiness between the two of you.. I am so sorry for your loss, most of all..
Know you are surrounded by many friends, her memory will live on forever.. most of all in her talent for writings, which you did much to encourage.. Andy, you are a rare bred, and we all know that.. At any time we are but a line or two away, or a call.. You two made many friends.. And you did so much this past year..A better man cannot be found..
She was so very proud of you.. Hope you will be alright.. I truly believe that when one of the "good" ones go, they wait for us..Be well, and know you can turn to any number of us..
With all the wonderful things said and the memories that bring joy to our hearts, what better a tribute to such a great little person, and the 3 twins.. That puts a smile in my heart.I always thought you 3 could just not count!!
Happy memories, that is what our Pamda Bear would want.. and that is what you all have contributed .. I have to say Thank you, even though it is not my right.. But hearing you all has made it so much better to handle...
We go on, but her Memory will always be with us.. Love you Pamda.. Ciao Bunny and Erin too!!
Old September 12th, 2004, 01:41 PM
Admiral

It is with a heavy heart that CruiseCam and I bid "Happy Sails" to Pam. We both have lots of the best kind of memories involving our friend, Pamda. Flying to Wilmington for the Phlamingo Phrolic, watching her and the "living, walking Christmas Tree;" the late hours in the CM chat room; lots of long phone calls, day and night; getting sunburned while talking to her and Andy on the Millennium; on that same cruise, laughing at her story about forgetting the airline tickets, even with her "giant tote bag" hanging on the door; on the Summit: laughing at her "cheek spoons," at her helping me try to get the shark kite into the air, hooting with her on our balcony; watching her while Jennifer and Jose were "inducted," and watching her turn her head and wink as us as she so elegantly strutted in line to the Captain's Table; and so many other fine memories...but most of all, we remember her wonderful smile and the way she just plain enjoyed life. We didn't always agree on things, but we certainly respected each other's opinions. Now that she's on her last and eternal cruise, the memories are all we have left...but Pam somehow made sure that they would be enough. Bon Voyage, Pamda.
Old September 13th, 2004, 08:40 AM
Admiral

What a wonderful memory and a great article... thank you so much for sharing your memory of Pam. She will be missed so much by so many.

Cheers,
Michelle P.