Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 12th, 2004, 10:15 PM
Debi [--}

Default Waving 'hi' to old friends

I just noticed a personal greeting from an "old friend" in another thread, so I thought I would wave 'hello' to Carole, Cruisaholic, CruiseCynic (aren't I due for another picture of those little ones?), Mgram, Mermaid, Divetex, Bunny and Erin, April, Lisa ... I hope I didn't overlook anyone......

I'm sorry it was this sad occasion that brought me back here to see you all again, but when I heard the news, I wanted to spend some time reading the words of some of the many others who also knew who how special Pam was. Bunny, what you wrote was particularly eloquent!

Just to give you an update from my little corner of the world, not much has changed here. Samantha is almost 3 years old now. We haven't taken a cruise since the Millennium 2001, since we have to use our vacation time to visit relatives, especially Samantha's great-grandmothers. Life has been complicated somewhat by learning that Samantha has autism, but her case is very mild, and with daily therapy she is now learning to talk pretty well. She's a very happy little girl who loves swimming and big waterslides and music and computers and is even starting to read and write. I still stay home with her (well, we don't really stay home much, but that's what they call it).

Anyway, I'll probably start hanging around again someday when we are ready to cruise again! Until then, it was good to make contact with you all again, even if it was on such a sad occasion.

Debi
Sponsored Links
Old September 12th, 2004, 11:45 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Waving 'hi' to old friends

Don't vanish again Debi..... it's nice having you around. Good folks are rare anyplace.

Besides, this BB is like cruising, without the weight gain.

Ps, Give Sam another big hug from all of us. If she's anything like Heather, she's a little treasure for sure... One day they'll hug in person......

Just 1 month to go until the "Cruise Cynic Mystery Cruise" ... January 2008
Old September 13th, 2004, 12:23 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

Debi - it is so good to hear from you again! I have often wondered how you and Vic and little Sammi were doing! I'm sorry to hear about Samantha's autism, but I am glad that it is a mild case and that she is doing so well - why wouldn't she with you two for parents!

Please check in again once in a while and let us know how things are going with you......and can you say "Disney Cruise" soon?

Old September 13th, 2004, 05:30 AM
Admiral

Hi there Debi.......it's so good to hear from you. Sometimes it takes a sad time to bring old friends back to common ground.

I know that Sammi is in good hands and her progress is proof postive of that. Never to be accused of not having just the right photo for any occasion at my fingertips (my bulging hard drive is proof of that)....here is a favorite shot of your family taken 2 years ago at our gathering in Austin, TX.

Hope you stick around now and post when you have some spare time ..... with a 3 yr. old????......well, the thought is there!

Old September 13th, 2004, 07:28 AM
Admiral

Loved that pic MGram! Debi, I don't think we've "met", although I've been around here for about 2 years. Sorry to hear about your daughter's autism, but if at only 3 yrs. old, she's swimming, using computers and learning to read and write, then she's doing fantastic! I have a background in special ed and have worked with many autistic children, and they are very special kids!
Please drop by chit chat more often, even if you're not cruising! We'll be on the QM2 in Nov. but after that it looks like it may be a "dry year" and I will have to rely on other cruisemates to do the cruising for me!

donna

Old September 13th, 2004, 07:47 AM
Admiral

Hi Debi! Miss your "smile"! Sam is one lucky little girl to have you two for parents. Watch out, sounds like she'll soon be READING the Disney Cruise Line brochure to you. See, the young little mermaid already loves the water! Glad to hear she is doing well, and the autism is mild.

Guess what? Lil'Merm is going to give me what heck of a birthday present next Spring? Yep, that's right, a baby!

Have you played CruiseMates Cruise Trivia Today?
Old September 13th, 2004, 10:52 AM
Admiral

Wonderful to see you post-- can we twist your arm to send us an updated picture of Sam------- Mgram-- thanks for posting yours----- she sure is a cutie---and I couldn't agree more that with you and Vic as parents she will do just fine-- and I sure she will love cruising too------
Please stay around--- you have been missed
Cheers
April
Old September 13th, 2004, 03:02 PM
Debi [--}

Hi Everyone!

CC - If you know how to sit in front of a computer and not gain weight, please share your secret!

Lisa - Yes, I think the next one will surely be a Disney cruise!

Mgram - Wow, thanks so much for posting that - that is so sweet of you! I've attached a recent pic to this message and I hope that means it will post.

Donna - Nice to meet you! My little Sammi's favorite person in the whole world (besides mom and dad, of course) is her special ed teacher! You probably understand better than anyone that we now eat, sleep and breathe autism therapy around here these days, but we are so relieved that Sam is progressing so well and "is going to be okay". Enjoy the QM2! I remember reading a lot about the QM2 two or three years ago and I know you'll have a wonderful time!

Mermaid - Wow!!! I have actually been keeping up with a lot of what goes on with people here (especially the "interesting" stuff, heeheehee) through a "contact," but this is one that she hadn't told me yet. Congratulations!!! I hope Leah is well-settled now both in her career and family life!

April - Thanks! I miss you too! I hope that when I hit "post" a picture will appear with this message!

Debi

p.s. - Oops, I have to go perform some electronic surgery on that picture before I can post it. I'm out of time now because Sam's videotape is over, heh heh, so I'll be back later.
Old September 13th, 2004, 05:06 PM
Bunny and Erin

Hi Debi.. I do keep track of Samantha.. Am so glad she is doing so well.. She has great Parents.. that is for sure.. Now that I put in my 2 Cents.. I will retire and just lurk.. Kiss that sweet soft neck.. She is loved that is for sure.. Ciao, Bunny and Erin
Old September 13th, 2004, 07:46 PM
susancruzs

Hi, Debi!

I remember you, too as I used to post everywhere before settling here on a more permanent basis!

What a cute picture and can't believe how time does get by us! Don't be a stranger, stop by now and then with a hello or an update on what's new in your world!

Susie
Old September 13th, 2004, 09:54 PM
Debi [--}

Default Re: Re: Waving 'hi' to old friends

Hi Bunny and Erin - Hugs to both of you!

Hi Susan - I remember meeting you a few years ago now, and it's good to see you again!

Okay, I'm having no luck posting a photo. I've tried converting it to both jpg and gif, and it still isn't recognized when I try to upload. I tried moving it to the web first, but can't find my yahoo photo album any more. Here is the address to our team website for an upcoming Walk for autism research, which has her picture on it http://www.justgiving.com/pfp/sam2 (this is not a hint for donations!) I'll try to get a better picture actually posted here tomorrow. Sorry I'm still so stupid about this computer stuff!

Debi
Old September 14th, 2004, 12:27 AM
Admiral

<CC - If you know how to sit in front of a computer and not gain weight, please share your secret!>

"SUSPECT!!!! PUT DOWN THAT MUFFIN AND STEP AWAY FROM THE COMPUTER!!!!"

Just 1 month to go until the "Cruise Cynic Mystery Cruise" ... January 2008
Old September 14th, 2004, 06:55 AM
Admiral

Debi.....I will give it a try.....I think this should work.....looks like Samantha is going to be a musician! Adorable photo....thanks for sharing it with us.

I linked it with my stuff.....the site doesn't allow linking, that's where you were having trouble.

Later today Debi sent this to me to post....it's a more recent photo of Samantha.....she is sooooo precious!

Post Edited (09-14-04 19:01)
Old September 14th, 2004, 07:58 PM
Debi [--}

Thank you SOOOOO much for posting those pics Mgram!!! That is so nice of you!!! - Debi
Old September 15th, 2004, 12:26 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

Debi - Sammi is just adorable!!!! Thanks Mgram for posting these pics!

Old September 15th, 2004, 06:40 PM
Admiral

Beautiful !!!!!!! I'd say she takes after her mother-- but there is a trace of Vic too--lol- hiar color ?
Oh she is a cutie------keep those pictures coming
Thank you too Mgram--
Seeing Sam's pictures made my day
April