Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 17th, 2004, 11:35 PM
Admiral

Default Reflections and Thoughts

After the chat tonight, which I really enjoyed, I just started to reflect on the past week.
I hated I had to leave so quick but my leg was hurting a bit. After the pain meds, I feel a little better and thought I would just post a reflection of the past week.

It has really been tough on a lot of us. I have thought a lot about a man I have never known, met, or even chatted with. I have thought about how he is coping and how his family is doing. I have prayed hard that they are comforted and all the people that knew him, his family and Pam. I have said prayers for all the people that have been in harms way of all hurricanes and the storms that they spawned. I have not done any more than most of you have done this week in the wake of such tradgedy and suffering. But that is what keeps me coming back to this board everyday that I am able. It's not an addiction to just cruising, but all the love and caring that all of you show. I have cried, laughed, and yes ROFK(rolled on floor kicking),my new saying. >BG<

I have thought of all the ones who cruised out this week and wondered what changes they would experience. After all, this is a cruise site. Is it not?.>S< But, in the same thought, I have thought about all the people on the gulf coast and all our fellow humans in Fl who are still trying to recover and at the same time, trying to get ready for the next poss strike. I know a lot of people are thinking. How much can we take?. I know God says He will not put anything on us that we cannot endure, with His help. So, that is the faith that I go by and so far it has worked and I know it always will.

I have thought a lot about all of our CM family that have been sick and have loved ones that are suffering. My prayers are still going out and up for all of those too. I am so thankful that our CM family will offer up prayers just for the asking and that warms my heart to no end and that is "another reason" I keep coming back here. Your prayers, today, worked for me. As I sit here in just a small amount of pain, I realize that it is just a minute speck compared to the other pain that some are suffering. I think if we all keep praying for our CM family AND our country, we will all see the light at the end of the tunnel and we will all see a great healing. And that is what we all need.

Sorry I have rambled so much. I just, sometimes, have a hard time expressing myself in the correct form. I am so thankful for a place to come and try to express myself and no one gets mad or upset. There is not ONE person on this board that, in some way, has not touched my life and I thank you for that.
I LOVE cruising and all of you out there that share this common bond.
I will shut up now.
John(who just wanted to reflect on this last week)

PS..Wishing all of you a great weekend and a safe one.

I am just a small cog in this great big wheel of life.

Post Edited (09-17-04 22:59)
Sponsored Links
Old September 17th, 2004, 11:55 PM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to belgique
Default Re: Reflections and Thoughts

What a wonderful post! I just got home from an exhausting 14 hour day at work (I manage a golf club/restaurant) with a tournament for 100, a rehearsal dinner for another 100, a dining room of diners and assorted crises, including a nice young kid in the kitchen getting a bad cut.

Kicked off my shoes, poured a glass of wine and came here to find this thoughtful, kind, and uplifting message. You are so right, John, in the big scheme of things, we all need each other - whether we ever meet or not. The petty complaints of the man who didn't get a table at the window tonight and screamed at me (a very wealthy, educated man), make no sense to me - what will he do when something BAD happens to him?

Our friends in Florida and the Caribbean are so in need of our prayers and help. Losing someone like Pam, who was loved by so many, makes the small things so much more insignificant.

I could not have said any of the above any better than you did, and I fully agree with you. I hope you are feeling better and that all our CM family is safe, warm, not afraid, and loved.

Old September 18th, 2004, 03:07 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

BJ and Belgique..............I came home from work tonight a little down and stressed due to problems with an aide working under my license, and I saw these posts. Needless to say, I am humbled and uplifted at the same time.

Thank you both for taking the time to post your thoughts - just wish I had enough left of my mind tonight to contribute to your thoughts. Maybe later on.

Old September 18th, 2004, 06:38 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Big John, What a wonderful and heartwarming letter. I came to CM the first thing this morning to read and enjoy my morning coffee. You have made my day. Thank you.

Cruznut2

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old September 18th, 2004, 07:15 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

We all knew, but found out again witht his post, just how generous and thoughtful you are..The BIG before you name John, shows how big your heart is and we are all a lot richer for your thoughts and your presence.. friends across the miles, a concept some of never could imagine, is a wonderful thing! xoxxox

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old September 18th, 2004, 07:49 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Reflections and Thoughts

You are indeed very caring and very thoughtful! I just read all the posts to my husband. I hope to meet you and Marsha someday.

Old September 18th, 2004, 08:43 AM
Jeanne&Ellis

Thank you BJ, you never cease to bring me back down to "normal" with your heart felt words. Which I sometimes need after stressful happenings in my life. I also hope we can meet one day. Wishing you and Marsha all the best of life and love.

Jeanne

Old September 18th, 2004, 08:47 AM
Admiral

BJ, your genuine caring thoughts are most appreciated.....being affected by BOTH Pam's death and dodging hurricane after hurricane here on the left coast of Florida, it is refreshing and uplifting to read something like that from the heart of someone I have not even met. Thank you for caring about ALL of us.

Old September 18th, 2004, 09:26 AM
VTJen

Heart felt thoughts make the most eloquent words!
So glad you are part of of our Cruisemate's Family.

VTJen
Sensation 2/2003
Majesty of the Seas 3/2004
Old September 18th, 2004, 09:33 AM
Admiral

BigJohn, I've had similar thoughts all week about people I never met, but care about so much. Then there's my own personal problems, sadness about my mom, disappointment about the cancelled cruise; but you put it all into perspective. We on this board are so very lucky to have such wonderful caring friends, friends for the most part we have never even met! Thank you all for being there for me day after day, and thank you John for putting it all so eloquently!

donna

Old September 18th, 2004, 10:06 AM
Cruise Maniac

I am fairly new to this board but like the rest of you I so enjoy visiting it everyday.
I may not always write or chat on the boards but all of you seem so caring and I really feel great after reading what everyone has to say. I am so glad I came across this message board. EVERYONE is so friendly and caring. Thanks to you all.
Old September 18th, 2004, 10:45 AM
Cruizin K and J

Default Re: Re: Reflections and Thoughts

What a nice post. I'm glad somebody is able to put it all into perspective, because I surely can't.

I am have big trouble putting my own troubles behind me, those dealing with Keith's illness. He and I are both very fortunate that he continues to recover. But I have flashbacks to those terrible days in the ICU and all those seizures. Keith is very hopeful that he will be able to drive again, and he's very "up" about being able to fly. I should feel joy with him, but I don't. I'm too depressed and scared. I think I might seek some professional help with this. I know that others cope with much worse things.

But I remember, too, all of the caring that my fellow CM's sent my way during those anguishing times in May. May God bless all of you.

Judy
Old September 18th, 2004, 11:55 AM
Admiral

John, you may not think so, but you have a very special gift for putting into words what many of us want to say, but can't. I feel very blessed to be among the company of my dear friends here at CM, and I'm so glad that we can come here, and not only find a wealth of information about cruising, but also reach out and care for one another.

Judy, don't be hard on yourself. You have been through a lot, and it's good to know that coming here has helped you so much. Getting professional help is a good idea if you need that too. The time it takes to work through things is different for everybody. Just take care of yourself as good as you have of Keith.

Like tiny Tim said -"God Bless us everyone!"

Phyll

Old September 18th, 2004, 10:30 PM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to belgique

Ditto to Phyllbo's post - Judy: Get some professional help - being a caregiver, even for a short time with a good prognosis, can be exhausting emotionally and seeing someone vibrant slowed down as Keith has been.

John's post helped me again today when there were some problems at work - it helped me put it all in perspective.

Rollerdonna: I agree, even though we might never meet, we all feel like part of a good, caring family.

Old September 19th, 2004, 09:51 PM
Admiral

Big John, That was a wonderful post. I hope to meet you and lots of CMs in the future. (I was lucky enough to meet Sharon&Larry and it was like we had known each other for a long time!-easy to talk to etc.) It is nice to have you around to make jokes etc. (with all the other 'funny' people) to give us all a laugh!! You are a very caring person. From:Brenda in Vancouver