Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 21st, 2004, 10:03 PM
Passenger

Default Big Amazing race fan.

Chip & KIm won YIIIIIIIIIIIPPEEEEEEEE.Im so glad Colin didnt win.Bowling moms should be proud they did very well.
Sponsored Links
Old September 21st, 2004, 10:06 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Big Amazing race fan.

I too am glad that Chip and Kim won..they sure deserved that..WhooHoo

Old September 21st, 2004, 10:23 PM
Admiral

That's who I was rooting for. A very nice couple and I am proud of them. Colin and Christy were nasty people IMHO and I really disliked them and their attitudes. Brandon and NIcole were okay but I got tired of their "Jesus wants us to win" garbage.
Jim

Old September 21st, 2004, 11:40 PM
Yeoman

Send a message via AIM to Auguste

Yes, wasn't it wonderful they won.
The Mom's did soo good, but that was hard for somebody like her to get up that cliff.
Did anybody like Colin and Christy, i don't think so.
What a Race that was again. Imagine Ray has seen alot of the locations.
Auguste
Old September 22nd, 2004, 01:25 AM
pg

OIh that was such a rush, I am gald Chip and Kim won, but honestly, anyone BUT Colin and Christy would have made good winners. I must say that climbing task did seem a little difficult, I mean women would have a distint disadvantage since we do not have the same upper body strength men do, so I really admire the bowling moms for giving it their all.

BTW Jim, I don't think Brandon and Nicole said " Jesus wants us to win" what they did say was " IF" Jesus wanted them to win then they would be unbeatable, they in fact constantly said things like" if it is his will for us " and " if it is in his plan for us".
Guess it wasn't in Jesus's plan for them to win.
I thought it was refereshing to see a young man who truly tried to do his best, I never once saw Brandon lose his cool and call Nicole names, and believe me , when she was blubbering at the bike race , it took a saint to say " want a piggy back?"
Old September 22nd, 2004, 04:28 AM
Admiral

WOOOOOO HOOOOOO!!!!!! I'm so glad Chip & Kim won the race. I would have been happy with anyone who won as long as it wasn't Colin & Christie, but Chip & Kim were my favourite team so I'm glad it was them who won. What an exciting race! I was on the edge of my seat the last 15 minutes of the show.
Old September 22nd, 2004, 06:20 AM
VTJen

I have to agree it was a good race. I too disliked Colin and Christie. At least they showed some grace when the came in second. I truly expected more whining. It was nice to see the parents win. Have to agree that the Moms did amazingly well.

VTJen
Sensation 2/2003
Majesty of the Seas 3/2004
Old September 22nd, 2004, 07:25 AM
Cruise Maniac

Same here. We thought it was wondeful that Chip and Kim took the money, but at the end we were just wanting anybody but Colin and Christy. What a couple they made during the course of this race. They both need an attitude adjustment . Ditto for the bowling moms, too. They ran a race that all moms could be proud of!

Old September 22nd, 2004, 07:44 AM
Admiral

I'm thrilled. I had been rooting for Chip and Kim the whole time. They just seemed like they were having so much fun the entire race, and even when they were down they didn't fight or bicker. Just super people.

I hear there is another season starting in about two weeks.

Cheers,
Michelle P.

Old September 22nd, 2004, 07:45 AM
Admiral

By the way, Kuki, I looked for you when they showed Calgary but I guess you were being shy that day. I did think of you when they were all in the airport - "that must be where Kuki takes off for all his cruises."

Cheers,
Michelle P.

Old September 22nd, 2004, 08:07 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Luv,
I too was happy with the outcome, very glad for Chip and Kim.

Message Boards Moderator
Old September 22nd, 2004, 08:57 AM
Happy Camper

I was on the edge of my seat too! That was a great race and I'm really glad who won! Debbie
Old September 22nd, 2004, 10:32 AM
Admiral

I ,too, am glad that C&Kim beat Colin&C-those two were supremely irritating and I wanted to say to Christie;"Is this the type of person you want to spend the rest of your life with??" I am just glad they ended up showing on TV, that they were not sore losers when they came in second. Brandon&N:they came off as total airheads; but it was nice that he never got mad at her for all her whining! The Bowling Mums did a good job!!!!
Guess that those were just rumours that they were in Vancouver;maybe one time they will come here!

Old September 23rd, 2004, 07:44 PM
Admiral

I got home from work after my 11p shift, and just HAD to sit and watch the last episode w/hubby, who already KNEW who won! (The suspense was driving me crazy!) I was disappointed to hear that the bowling moms were eliminated, mostly because I really liked them, but also because the odds of Colin & Christy or Nicole & Brandon winning suddenly became worse! Our first choice was Chip & Kim and when they came bounding out of the taxi and dropped their backpacks, I was SOOOOOOO thrilled to see them running up, I let out an excited shreak and my poor kitty shot from where he was sitting at my feet!

It was a great shows! The next morning, Colin proposed to Christy, and I hope he learns to treat her better. They asked Brandon & Nicole about their relationship, to which she replied "we're taking it one day at time" and he replied, "well, I don't have a ring!"

I'm sure looking forward to the next one....

8/92 Mex. Riv. Commodore
9/98, 9/00, 9/02 & 7/04 Caribbean - Paradise
10/00, 08/05 Pac. Wtrs. Holiday, Monarch
04/06 Hawaii - Celebrity Summit
09/07 Alaska - Celebrity Summit
07/09 Western Caribbean RCCL Liberty of the Seas
Old September 24th, 2004, 11:39 PM
Passenger

I love, love the Amazing Race and have watched every season. I was completely going to blow a gasket if Colin and Christy won - talk about spreading around that "Ugly American" behavior. I was embarrased several times watching his behavior with the "locals". Very glad Chip and Kim won. My other choice would have been the Moms. Did you ever think they'd make it so far? They are tough!!