Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 25th, 2004, 05:10 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to UConn1 Send a message via MSN to UConn1
Default Bored to death...

Just sitting here waiting on Jeanne. Living alone makes it that much boring. Can't go out - every place around here closed at 4pm. Can't call anyone - don't want to tie up the cell phone waves with unneeded calls.

Have had to deal with a serious family issue the past 36hrs that may have scarred some relationships forever (I am not involved in it, but trying to be supportive of those who are). This gives me a lot of time to sit here and think about that, which is not what I want to do today - nor did I want to deal with another hurricane.

I didn't have to do to much to prepare for this one, I still have plenty of batteries, water and ice left over from last 3. I have been trying to convince my brother and his family to come to my place since they are in the direct path. So are my parents - but all my family is just like me - I don't want to leave my stuff if I am not under mandatory evacuation orders.

Everyone down here stay safe and, once again, check in when you can to let us know you are OK or if there is anything that Florida CMers can do for you.

Jodi

Sponsored Links
Old September 25th, 2004, 05:37 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Bored to death...

Just can't believe you are sitting waiting for ANOTHER hurricane! Glad you're stocked up and ready, but please leave if it looks as though it will be too bad.

Just sit on the boards and talk with the CM's! Stay safe, Jodi.

dorothy

Carnival Elation
Carnival Elation March 11
Carnival Imagination Sept 07
Carniival Sensation Dec 06
RCI Sovereign of the Seas Sept 06
Carnival Miracle Sept 05
Carnival Glory Sept 04
Carnival Fantasy Jan 04
Old September 25th, 2004, 05:42 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Sea Trekker

hi Jodi and all our Florida friends,
Yes, I'm bored to, but at least we don't have to evaucate. I'm very glad we had hurricane windows put in this year. Plenty of extra supplies left over. I'm going to watch some movies on the cable for the next 24 hours and not watch and weather forcast. I know what it looks like out side.<G>
They say this is very unusual to have 4 hurricans in one season to hit Florida. Well, I'm over it. Get it done so we can have a normal life.
Our family and friends up north don't even bother to call any more. Wish they would, cause it would pass some on the time. I'm to old to 'hunker down' any more.
Let us know how you faired after it passes.
Carole
on the Fl west coast
Old September 25th, 2004, 05:51 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to UConn1 Send a message via MSN to UConn1

Dorothy, I have until 11pm (curfew takes affect) tonight to decide if I am going to go to my parents - but I am actually in the safest location of all my family down here. I am not ruling leaving out, but I need to make up my mind soon. Jodi

Old September 25th, 2004, 05:58 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi JOdi,
I'm sure you'll make the right decision, just stay safe and check in when you can.

Message Boards Moderator
Old September 25th, 2004, 06:00 PM
kwjones

Hello gang!
Sorry to hear about the problems with the family Jodi. My wife is Italian, so I know what you're talkin' about. Just hang in there, and this storm too, will pass. We're all boarded up here in Lakeland, (I left them all up from the last storms except the big one covering our living room window). We are as ready as we can get, and are just trying to keep the pups busy outside (whizzing etc) before the heavy rain starts. This same storm caused us to miss St. Thomas while on the Caribbean Princess just two weeks ago, so it's been a pain in the @ss for us, for a while now. I think it got you too, didn't it Dorothy? Got to run, but will be thinking of all of you, and I'm confident that we'll all get through this one too. Especially you Jodi.
Later,
Ken
Old September 25th, 2004, 06:10 PM
kcool

hi jodi, my thoughts are with you. i'm here on long island, n.y. watching what you are going through. i hope for the best. this will pass bye. kevin
Old September 25th, 2004, 07:16 PM
Admiral

Hang in there kiddo..just keep your head down and pray ...I am.

Old September 25th, 2004, 07:24 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to rayb Send a message via Skype™ to rayb

Jodi,

You still have an open invitation to come and stay with us. We are boarded up and all we have to worry about is our trees. I keep looking at them and telling them to hang in there. A broken house will not be fixed without electricity.

You know my number call me.

Ray

Cruising on Ruby Princess: September 22, 2015. 10 Days, From New York to Quebec City. My 98th Cruise!
Old September 25th, 2004, 08:07 PM
Admiral

Hi Jodi and all the Florida people, Hope everything goes okay with this hurricane! Can't believe it has been so many!!! "Talk" to you later. Take care. From:Brenda in Vancouver

Old September 25th, 2004, 08:54 PM
Joto

To all those in Florida. Do what you can to stay safe and sound. Hope the hurricane will blow by soon without damaging too much. You have had it very rough this year. How about doing a swap this winter. You can be snowed in up here in MA and we can be blown out/ flooded out in FL. All the best to you and yours, and check in when you can.
Old September 25th, 2004, 09:57 PM
susancruzs

Just letting you know I'm thinking of you Florida folks! Hope those big ole trees hang in there Ray, stay solid in the ground and definitely not on your house!

Jodi, I live alone, too and know what it is like, you really feel like staying with your place!
We have those days in the winter where no one is out, snow is piling up, inch after inch, ice, etc. electric lines sagging, wind howling and I sometimes say to myself what am I doing here in this mobile home???

I'm thinking of all of you, hang in there, stay safe and if Jeanne has to come I hope she just moves along and doesn't stall somewhere!!!

I'll probably be up watching the news tonight, thinking of all of you!

Susie
Old September 25th, 2004, 09:59 PM
Admiral

Check in soon, Jodi (and everybody else). The weather channel says it's hitting and I'm worrying about you guys (10:55 pm).

Yep Ken, we missed St. Thomas too last week. Sat right next to the Caribbean Princess - WHAT a beautiful ship. Is she as pretty as on the inside as she is on the outside?

Stay in touch if you can Florida CM's.

Thomas, put that doggone NEW car somewhere safe!

dorothy

Carnival Elation
Carnival Elation March 11
Carnival Imagination Sept 07
Carniival Sensation Dec 06
RCI Sovereign of the Seas Sept 06
Carnival Miracle Sept 05
Carnival Glory Sept 04
Carnival Fantasy Jan 04
Old September 26th, 2004, 12:14 AM
Admiral

Moved both new cars onto a vacant, and cleared, lot just a few minutes ago. After Frances took out a tree that crushed her car with mine parked right next to it, I decided to play it safe and park both of them away from any trees.

Did I mention she got a new car? Funny, she got the new one but I got the used one. But that's just me, I like my car 10 times better than hers and it cost me $12,000 less. Yeah baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Regards,
Thomas