Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 29th, 2004, 08:43 AM
Admiral

Default Canada/New England cruises

We're thinking of doing a Canada/New England cruise next year. What ports do those typically sail out of? We'd like to find the southernmost departure port since we'll be driving to the port.

Cheers,
Michelle P.

Sponsored Links
Old September 29th, 2004, 10:03 AM
Jeanne&Ellis

Default Re: Canada/New England cruises

Princess leaves from NY, but they have one really nice cruise that leaves from Canada and ends in Ft. Lauderdale. Royal Caribbean has round trips from NY, Baltimore, Maryland and boston Mass.

Jeanne

Old September 29th, 2004, 10:14 AM
Parrot Mom

We have taken two of these cruises...one last year when the hurricane hit Bermuda...Many cruisers just love Boston (we are utside of Boston), the history, the cleanliness and it being graffiti free (never thought of it myself) We love Halifax, Bar Harbor, St. John, Portland and Newport and of course the ships from NYC stop in Boston. There are cruises that leave from Boston and go up as far as Quebec, Sydney and the Sagueney. One of the cruise lines even stops in Martha's Vineyard. I know Princess leave from NYC, RC has trips from Boston as does I believe NCL..and perhaps Holland America. Foliage is just changing north of us and within the next two weeks should be in Western Mass ..., then again..Ijust open my back door and there it is.lol Frankly, I think the northern cruise itineraries are greatly under appreciated.
Old September 29th, 2004, 10:55 AM
David Starkey

I have sailed the Canada/New England cruises several times. My favorite departure port was Batimore as that allowed for more sea time than the NY, or Boston sailings. I just enjoy those sea days or days of rest and relaxation. On my last cruise to Canada/ New England the temps were cooler than any of the 6 Alaska cruises I have sailed. But thats great because I am not a "hot weather" kind of guy and enjoy being out and active in the lower temps and less humidity than the ports of the Caribbean.

I wish someone would sail Canada/New England during June, or July for 10-11 day cruises from Baltimore again. (Celebrity did at one time)
Old September 29th, 2004, 01:20 PM
Admiral

come on up! we would love to have you. Departures out of Boston would be my top pick
Old September 29th, 2004, 02:55 PM
CruzCrazy

We are leaving Oct 11 for our 13-night Celebrity Constellation cruise. There's something about sailing down the Hudson past the Statue of Liberty. I only wish they didn't cancel our Maine port and we also had Martha's Vineyard, but all in all our itin is a nice one and I can't wait.

Being a native New Yorker, but now a transplanted Floridian, I chose to go out of NYC because I want to spend some time in the city before and after the cruise. NYC can be pricey, but I did Priceline hotels and booked my airfare a while ago.

If I were to take this New England cruise again, I would go out of Boston just for a change. I would be curious to see if staying in Boston would be cheaper than staying in NYC.

I'm looking forward to some cooler weather and hopefully no more hurricanes.
Old September 29th, 2004, 06:11 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Living outside Boston, I will tell you that around me, peak leaf peeping time is mid October, so as you go further up, the foliage is past peak, so timing your cruise, if this is your interest is important.If you go to:
http://www.massport.com/ports/cruis_sched.html
This site will tell you all the ships sailing from Boston. There is a large parking garage, adjacent to the terminal, and it's an easy embarkation.Happy choosing!!

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old September 29th, 2004, 07:47 PM
susancruzs

I loved my New York to Montreal cruise! I intend to do this cruise again as there is so much to see at the ports!

I won't do anything less than the 10 or 11 day itinerary because you miss so much. All of the ports have a great deal to offer.

Pricing is the only problem. You don't really get much of a break on the New England itineraries, they are pricey. Sailing single on certain itineraries can be a pain.

I want to go back to Montreal, Quebec, Halifax, they were all great and Bar Harbor, Boston, and Newport were good, too! Boston is one of those cities you can go to again and again still find things to do!

Susie
Old September 29th, 2004, 07:52 PM
Cruizin K and J

Default Re: Re: Canada/New England cruises

We sailed on the Rotterdam (HAL) Boston to Montreal and loved it. The only thing we didn't love were the temps: hot and humid in June. While I highly recommend that cruise, I would take it in September or October. Happy cruising!

J.
Old September 30th, 2004, 08:17 AM
Admiral

Thanks all. If we are able to go it sounds like Baltimore would be the closest port. I'll have to look into driving time and such to ports like Boston, too. Depends on how long the cruise is vs. how much vacation time I have.

Cheers,
Michelle P.

Old November 9th, 2004, 03:35 PM
Admiral

test

1/14/05

1/28/05

Post Edited (11-09-04 15:36)