Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 1st, 2004, 02:19 PM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa
Default Mt. St. Helens has erupted

Watching FOX news right now getting ready for work.......Mt. St. Helens has erupted with steam and ash.....has been predicted for about a week now. Pretty amazing pictures!

Sponsored Links
Old October 1st, 2004, 04:31 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Mt. St. Helens has erupted

Yes-- and wondering how long it will take for the ashes to find there way down here--- I do remember that from years ago
April
Old October 1st, 2004, 04:38 PM
L&S80

Oh yes......it has done the steam thing.........doesn't look like it will do much tho......air space hasn't been changed or anything. Going towards the Oregon coast.

Sharon
Old October 1st, 2004, 06:56 PM
Admiral

I was lucky enough to sit on the side of a hill and watch the May of 1980 eruption. I live not far from the mountain and it was an amazing sight. The wind was blowing from west to east so no ash came our way until a week or so later during one of the smaller eruptions.

I remember wearing a facial mask to mow my lawn and cleaning 100lbs or so of ash out of the rain gutters on my house. The gritty ash was very strange. I especially hated it being on my teeth on several occasions.

The new M.S.H. visitor centers are very interesting if any of my cruisemate friends are traveling up or down I-5. It is well worth a short side trip.

This is a very minor eruption today but interesting none-the-less.

Post Edited (10-01-04 20:23)
Old October 1st, 2004, 07:49 PM
Cruizin K and J

Default Re: Re: Mt. St. Helens has erupted

I've been listening to the reports, also. Hope she doesn't make any big booboos.

Judy
Old October 2nd, 2004, 12:25 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

Yes, it was a minor eruption, but still pretty spectacular........I can't imagine what the 1980 one looked like! (Just got home from work and really didn't get any chance to see it on the news during the evening.....)

Old October 4th, 2004, 11:10 AM
First Mate

Flew over Mt. St. Helens yesterday afternoon and not much happening, just some steam on the top. Interesting nonetheless. Not good for a picture as we flew to the east of it and the sun was low in the west. But it was nice that they announced we were flying by it so we could take a quick boo at it.

richard

Old October 4th, 2004, 05:19 PM
L&S80

Heard Mt. St. Helens did a bit of a spit again today.......9 something am.......just ash I believe.......still saying it should do something but they just don't know when........Lisa the 1980 eruption was..............unbelivable!!!!!!

Sharon