Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 1st, 2004, 03:41 PM
miss gail

Default Revealing a surprise cruise

I need some ideas on creative ways to reveal a surprise cruise to my DH. I have booked already for Alaska in June 2005. So far he is clueless. I want to reveal at either Christmas or Valentines Day. Just want to come up with a really unique way so that finding out about the cruise will be memorable too. Has anyone out there done a cool reveal you could share with me?? Thanks to all.
Sponsored Links
Old October 1st, 2004, 04:11 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Revealing a surprise cruise

I surprised Mrs. Thomas last week with a bracelet which I hid somewhere in the house. In her birthday card I put a little poem which she had to decipher for the clue which led her to the next clue, and then the next, etc. until the final one which led her to her gift.

It took her about an hour to find her gift.

Regards,
Thomas
Old October 1st, 2004, 04:54 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

I would get a great looking gift box....closer to xmas, at a craft store, buy some fake snowballs. Also look there for some wooden totem poles, maybe a small whale, and or a polar bear..Then make a mock cruise ticket on the computer, wrap it all up, and voila Surprise!!

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old October 1st, 2004, 06:11 PM
susus

Or, you could have his bags packed and tell him the day before you cruise...That's what I did for 'our' birthday and he still talks about it....He still can't figure out how I made all those decisions without him knowing, because it's a MAJOR decision just deciding where we are going to eat.......I put our tickets in a birthday card the day before we flew out to Seattle for an Alaska cruise....It was hard keeping it a secret for 4 months and not telling any one but our kids, and they didn't tell anyone.....We had a blast!!! Good luck on your secret, Susan
Old October 1st, 2004, 06:11 PM
Cruise Maniac

Serve him a Baked Alaska for dessert on Valentine's Day.

Old October 1st, 2004, 06:42 PM
Admiral

Float some plastic "boats" in a bathtub. Lights out and candles on. A stuffed polar bear (preferably with sunglasses) next to the tub.

What a wonderful gift!!

dorothy

Carnival Elation
Carnival Elation March 11
Carnival Imagination Sept 07
Carniival Sensation Dec 06
RCI Sovereign of the Seas Sept 06
Carnival Miracle Sept 05
Carnival Glory Sept 04
Carnival Fantasy Jan 04
Old October 1st, 2004, 07:13 PM
venice

on valentine evening dress up like an alaskan grizzly bear (smile)
Old October 1st, 2004, 07:43 PM
Cruizin K and J

Default Re: Re: Revealing a surprise cruise

You guys are all so creative. I would have said either take him out to dinner and present the info in a card, or fix a favorite dinner of his at home and present the info in a card.

J.
Old October 2nd, 2004, 07:00 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to Laurie M

I read about this idea on another message board:

Grift wrap different things you would might need on a cruise. For example: sunscreen, disposable camera (or film), a new tie (for formal night), (if he's prone to seasickness) seasick pills. I can't remember everything, but I'm sure you get the idea. The last thing to give him would be the cruise documents. (if you don't have the docs by then, make up a "coupon" or "gift certificate" with the info).

PAST CRUISES
83/Azure Seas; 84/Song of America; 88/Stardancer; 92/Jubilee; 96/Viking Serenade; 97/Holiday; 99/Enchantment OT Seas; 00/Elation; 01,02,02,03/Ecstasy; 02/Voyager OT Seas; 03/Victory; 04/Adventure OT Seas; 05/Sapphire Princess 05,05,05,06,07/Monarch OT Seas; 06,07,08,08/Paradise; 06/Freedom OT Seas; 07 Pride; 07 Pearl; 08/Valor; 08/Serenade OT Seas; 08/Coral Princess
Old October 2nd, 2004, 10:40 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Revealing a surprise cruise

Just re-read your original post and saw that you are going to Alaska. So, I guess the part about wrapping sunscreen wouldn't work in this case....

PAST CRUISES
83/Azure Seas; 84/Song of America; 88/Stardancer; 92/Jubilee; 96/Viking Serenade; 97/Holiday; 99/Enchantment OT Seas; 00/Elation; 01,02,02,03/Ecstasy; 02/Voyager OT Seas; 03/Victory; 04/Adventure OT Seas; 05/Sapphire Princess 05,05,05,06,07/Monarch OT Seas; 06,07,08,08/Paradise; 06/Freedom OT Seas; 07 Pride; 07 Pearl; 08/Valor; 08/Serenade OT Seas; 08/Coral Princess
Old October 3rd, 2004, 12:17 PM
miss gail

I dont know about that Laurie M. We are going to Alaska in June when the sun shines for like 19 hours a day. I may need more sun screen than usual. Thank you all for the ideas. Now I'm thinking about combining several of your ideas and having a treasure hunt where he will get a small gift at each location and if he can put it all together he'll get it. What do you think???
Old October 3rd, 2004, 02:54 PM
First Mate

Missgail...

I think combining everyone's ideas is a good idea. :-)

Have fun planning it out. Although....I don't know if I could hold out until Christmas or especially Valentines Day to reveal it....lol Good luck to you! :-)

PAST CRUISES