Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 2nd, 2004, 10:16 PM
Admiral

Default Update

30 Min after we came home our kitten died in our arms. We had gotten e-mail reports from oldest daughter and she siad she was doing well. But when we came home she looked bad and Gracie died. What a way to end a cruise!

Last night at the ship I became very ill and had to sit in the bathroom with a bucket in my arms. The ship was rocking pretty badly however I am still sick today. After the kitten died I went to bed and just got up a little while ago. I have very bad stomach cramps and still fel sick. My dh mentioned I was the only one that ate Sushi at the ship. MMHHH

Our billing is also messed up. The charges were supposed to come out of my MIL credit card but they came out of our credit/debit account which we only found out AFTER we checked our bank balance this afternoon. Not sure yet if they charged my MIL twice since all the charges according to our final bill were charged to her credit card. Just glad I have money in my account!

The coffee was the absolut worse we ever had in our entire lives. It was so bad we ended up paying for expressos after dinner and in the afternoon. The icre cream at scoops was so bad we only bought it once.

The desserts on the ship are the best I have ever tasted. The Love boat dessert is so good Yummy. The ice creams in the dining rooms are good also. Food in general was plenty <I gained 8lbs> but it lacked total quality and catered to the masses. My MIL loves steak but the only steak available in the dining room was a strip steak that wasn't very good <I did not try> My dh and her had dinner one night at Sterling Steak house and loved it. The food was mostly the same in all the dining places including the Horizon Court. We were so disappointed with the food we ended up the 2nd night with PC dining. Did not have a problem getting a table but the ship was only around 2300 people. The waiters we had was a married couple and they saved our dining experience. She was a jr waiter and very very good. Very very pleased with them.
Our balcony room was wonderful. We had our smaller daughter with us and the older one was with my mIL. Room service was fast and very efficent <our kids ordered it a lot>

Movies under the Stars is a great concept. We made reservations one night at 10pm.They give you a blanket, bring freshly popped pop corn and it was just an awesome experience. We watched Shrek2 and it was pretty funny. The movie selection was limited and I just wish they had some newer movies.

Spa was fine. I had a foot and leg massage the first night and it was wonderful. The girl was very nice and friendly.

Kids did not like the kids/teen club and never went back.

More later

Sponsored Links
Old October 2nd, 2004, 10:39 PM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa
Default Re: Update

Coffee on Princess is known to be absolutely awful.......glad I don't drink the stuff!

I am so sorry about Gracie...............it sounded from the begining that she was a very sick kitten....but God does keep his eye on the tiniest sparrow, so know that she is in a better place....and that you did what you could for her.

Old October 2nd, 2004, 11:29 PM
Cruizin K and J

Default Re: Re: Update

I am really sorry about Gracie. Somebody else posted on this site about a dog dying while they cruised. I never could understand anyone who could go away and leave a sick animal. But then, I am a softy for anmals.

J.
Old October 3rd, 2004, 06:00 AM
Yeoman

Send a message via MSN to lexxity

hi sue,
glad your back, i am sorry about gracie, but she is in a better place. It sounds as if you had a mostly good time, coffee excepted!
lexx

Queen Elizabeth 2 - Trans-Atlantic 2001
Queen Mary 2 - Caribbean - 2004
Queen Mary 2 - Mediterranean - 2004

QM2 Transatlantic
QE2 40th Anniversary Round Britain Cruise.
Old October 3rd, 2004, 06:53 AM
First Mate

I am so sorry to hear of Gracie's passing.
Old October 3rd, 2004, 06:56 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

So sorry about Gracie. Poor little kitty suffered so much. she is in kitty heaven now and playing with all the other kitties. I am glad you mostly enjoyed your cruise.

Cruznut2

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old October 3rd, 2004, 07:51 AM
VTJen

Dear Sue,

So sorry about Gracie. It sounds like she hung on til you got home. You must have made a big impact on her. I'm sure she knew how much you loved her, and how much you tried to make her well. As painful as it is, she went knowing she was loved, not all alone in a shelter. God can use us to be a blessing in so many ways, if we allow Him too. You allowed Him too. God Bless You.

Sounds like your cruise was interesting, if nothing else. Get some rest. Will pray for the Lord to give you peace and health.

VTJen
Sensation 2/2003
Majesty of the Seas 3/2004
Old October 3rd, 2004, 09:28 AM
Admiral

Sorry to hear about Gracie Sue, I know you did what you could, and you can rest assured that she died at least feeling loved.
Sounds like your cruise was less than perfect, especially getting sick - that's no fun at all. Hope you are feeling better soon. But I guess you did enjoy your time with your MIL and 2 of your daughters?

donna

Old October 3rd, 2004, 10:29 AM
Admiral

Sorry to hear about your kitty Gracie. Our beautiful cat of 14 years had passed away while we were on our cruise, so that was a big shock, but at least we had her for a long time.

Being sick is no fun....did you take or use anything?

Here's hoping your next cruise will be PERFECT! Take care, and hope you feel better soon...

8/92 Mex. Riv. Commodore
9/98, 9/00, 9/02 & 7/04 Caribbean - Paradise
10/00, 08/05 Pac. Wtrs. Holiday, Monarch
04/06 Hawaii - Celebrity Summit
09/07 Alaska - Celebrity Summit
07/09 Western Caribbean RCCL Liberty of the Seas
Old October 3rd, 2004, 11:31 AM
Admiral

Sue: Glad you enjoyed the cruise except for the food and getting sick. Was very sorry to read about your kitten, Gracie. She waited for you to come home and hold her in your arms where she could thank you for all your care and love before leaving for "kitty heaven".
Cindy

Old October 3rd, 2004, 02:09 PM
Lynne &Trevor

Welcome back, Sue.
Sorry for only a short cruise. We tried to beat the storm and headed back to dock by the midnight Friday night. However, the Ports closed and the Coast Guard turned all of us around. Our only bad day was Thursday, as we were headed for Nassau. We awoke to high swells and the water in the Calypso Pool (movies) was sloshing from end to end with the back and forth.The kids on board were having fun but it became dangerous so was closed down. The Captain made the decision around 4 to turn around, as even some of the staff people were sick. Our group had a miniature golf tournament going up on the 18th deck. It was a hoot seeing where the balls ended up going. The thing that finally forced me down was the smell of the deisel oil from the smokestacks. The smell and the swells didn't sit well. But, overall, I was fine.
The coffee for us was ok, even with fellow cruisers who also bought a coffee pot for themselves in case. We didn't have a problem with it.
I enjoyed Theater Under the Stars, as well, but didn't see an evening performance. I liked the idea of having it on during the day. I saw movies that I ordinarily wouldn't have watched.We did get to see the Buccaneers football game Sunday night on the big screen, but the game itself was a bust.
I'm sorry you were sick and didn't have the greatest experience. And, I'm so sorry about your kitten. That must have been your "straw" for the week. Take care. Lynne

Old October 4th, 2004, 12:07 PM
Admiral

Sue, I'm so sorry there were so many bad aspects to your cruise... and I'm sorry to hear about your kitten, what a sad thing to come back to.

At least some of it sounded fun.

Cheers,
Michelle P.

Old October 5th, 2004, 06:40 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Update

I just wanted to Thank you for the caring thoughts. Yesterday as I drove home I passed the spot where my dh had found her and I just started balling my eyes out.

BTW J..we did not leave her home alone. Our oldest daughter lives with us and took care of our animals while we were gone.