Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 5th, 2004, 10:07 AM
Lauralynn27

Default one month to go

I will be going on my cruise in less then a month and I am trying to get a pricing idea on something of the things that are offered on a Royal Carribean Cruise ship.

I would like to indulge in the spa treatment but have no idea how much they type of things would cost on a cruise.

Also how is transportation to and from the ship handled when you have choosen an excursion.

I'm taking the 5 day 4 night cruise to Ensenada Mexico with stops in San Diego and Catalina Island and I am not sure if it is worth taking the excursions.

Are there any must see shows or sites that I should enjoy while on the ship?

If anyone has pictures from a Monarch of the Sea RCC trip I would love to see them. Thanks again for all your help....Laura

Sponsored Links
Old October 5th, 2004, 03:15 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Sea Trekker
Default Re: one month to go

Hi Laura,

Yes you should indulge in a spa treatment. They charge about 20% more than a regular service would on land, but it's worth it. Just be weary of the hype. They try to sell you "special products" that are over priced. I just say no thank you. I have had a manicure, facial and 60 minute massages. Ohhhh how good it makes you feel.
The excursions should have transportation included with the price. You can go the web site of RCC and look at what might interest you. Look on this site for information at the message board under destinations. Ask lots of questions there. Sorry I don't know anything about Mexico.
Hope this was some help.
Carole
Old October 5th, 2004, 05:35 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Y2C

Catalina Island you can do all the excursions yourself. The excursion prices from the ship are not that much more than on land. You will tender in from the ship.

It has been way to long since we were in Ensenada so I do not want to venture any guesses.

Round trip San Francisco Mex Riv, Mercury May 4, 2005

Transatlantic from Rome on Galaxy Oct 17, 2005

Round trip Los Angeles to Hawaii, Summit March 26, 2006

Old October 6th, 2004, 10:40 AM
Lauralynn27

Thank you guys all for the wonderful suggestion I have been looking forward to this cruise for over a year and I can't believe that I only have 27 more days to go.

I hope this is the first of many wonderful cruises :-)
Old October 6th, 2004, 08:54 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to branflakes1991 Send a message via Yahoo to branflakes1991

man, poor you! I remember when I hit the month mark. It was the SLOWEST month of my life, well, IS the slowest month of my life. Feel's like it's been a year! Well, at least it's only a month. Im going nuts! Ive already packed some, and keep running out of clothes. I need new clothes anyways. I almost dont want to go on a cruise anymore because its annoying how impatient I am! lol. Happy cruising!

Sailing on the Triumph
Old October 7th, 2004, 12:09 PM
Lauralynn27

Default Re: Re: one month to go

Ok I am glad to hear that I am not the only one that feels that way. I washed clothes this weekend and all I wanted to do was pack everything in a suitcase.

I can't even imagine what it is going to be like. I have seen the pictures but until I am actually there it all seems like a dream.

I can't wait to see all the beautiful things on board and off. I know that my girlfriend and I want to back some type of liquior but I am not really sure how they are about that on cruise ship.