Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 8th, 2004, 02:05 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa
Default Good Morning and TGIF!

Good morning everyone! Waiting for the rain to start here in Wisconsin.

What a difference a day makes................I was supposed to be off today, but they couldn't get another nurse to work today and they had a surplus of nurse for Saturday (?huh?) so they asked if I would change my day off. It really isn't a problem, except I have not had a Friday off of work (excluding vacation time) in more than 4 months!!!!! So, I told the scheduler I would work today IF she could get me a Friday off (without a vacation day) in the next 7 weeks. She said she would do it, so I am somewhat happy..........besides it isn't supposed to rain on Saturday!!!

Have a great day everyone....will push all the chores I had scheduled for today til tomorrow!

Sponsored Links
Old October 8th, 2004, 04:44 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2
Default Re: Good Morning and TGIF!

Good Morning CruiseMates!!! Today it is supposed to be the "return of summer" here in NH's Lakes Region. Looking forward to going to the cottage in Orange Ma tonight for the long weekend and "last hurrah" of the season.. Everyone have a great day and holiday weekend.

Cruznut2

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old October 8th, 2004, 06:18 AM
Angela Z,

Good morning from Orlando. It's Friday in the fall so that must mean a high school football game tonight.......GO BOONE BRAVES!!!!! At least it's not a home game tonight so hubby and I get to sit back and watch the band (oh yeah, and the game) since we won't be selling snacks. YAY!!
Angela Z.
Old October 8th, 2004, 06:22 AM
Admiral

Good morning all! I couldn't agree more with TGIF! And the really good news is that Gary and I are off on Monday...yaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!! Today is supposed to be another beauty here in the "Burgh" ...sunny and 75, my kind of day. This morning I have a long meeting to attend with our computer consultants. Then the rest of the day will be spent playing catch up. Tomorrow is my weigh-in and measurement day at my gym....wish me luck.
Have a great day....do something fun!

RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Old October 8th, 2004, 06:52 AM
Admiral

Mornin' all,

Whoopie!!!! My windows finally came in. I was so happy that I promptly installed one. Unfortunately, it's supposed to rain tomorrow so I'll just work on patching nail holes and prepping for painting. We're supposed to get a few nice days next week, so maybe, just maybe......

I've got to hit the mall tonight, next neek is DW's birthday, and I have to get inspired. <G>

Hope everybody has a great day, and a fabulous weekend.

Ed

Norwegian Majesty
Old October 8th, 2004, 07:09 AM
First Mate

ITS FRIDAY!!!!!!!!
and Yahoooo! Went by the farm yesterday & they've started cutting the roads for our development. After 2 yrs of planning & several months of getting approvals things are starting to happen.
Its off to the mountains this weekend. Hope everyone has a good day & a great weekend.

"If we weren't all crazy we'd go insane"
Old October 8th, 2004, 07:44 AM
Lynne &Trevor

Hi Everybody,
The sun is just coming up or, trying to come out, here in Avon Park Fl.It's brighter in the east,and kind of "pink". It is 67 degrees-definitely a cooldown from the high 70's in the AM.
Yeah, it's Friday! We've had a very busy week at work, and now there is a district meeting starting, with meals at our facility, in our Activities Center, that will last all weekend. My boss goes on a 2 week vacation that he HAS to take, or lose it, starting on Monday. His official and final retirement date, when his desk is turned over to the new person, is Oct. 19, while he's away. Some of you up in PA area might have heard of Carol Kline-she's a singer who tours at churches, retirement centers, etc, during the Summer-will be my new boss.She does a wonderful Patsy Cline show, too.

My Saturday sleep-ins will end tomorrow morning with the resumption of the community chorale rehearsals. Our singers are comprised of whose who live in our little gated community. We've gone from singing just for us, to receiving invitations to sing in other venues, which is kind of exciting.At least we get to perform more than once now.

Angela, my choir director's son was chosen as one of the drum majors this year. With all this stormy weather, he and his co-major(ette) haven't had much of an opportunity to strut their stuff.

Have a great day! Lynne PS. I don't know why I'm still dreaming about cruise ships!

Old October 8th, 2004, 07:58 AM
Cruise Maniac

good friday morning all!

i have no exciting plans for the weekend except to do some fall garden work. this might be the last time i have to cut the grass, so that is a good thing.

gotta work on a backup plan for transport from FLL to my hotel precruise. i booked a specific hotel because of the advertised shuttle and now i find that they have changed the hours that they run the shuttle and my flight is scheduled to arrive ten minutes before that cutoff time. grrrr. oh well, what can you do.

everyone have a great day!!

next........victory for thanksgiving 04

Turkey Day on the Victory!!
Old October 8th, 2004, 08:02 AM
susancruzs

Good Morning Everyone!

Happy TGIF to all and I can't believe I leave on Tuesday evening! This weekend I better get busy and start thinking about packing!

Tonight I meet my cousin for dinner, last night a friend and I went to Olive Garden, been out for dinner almost every night this week! I have no plans for Sat./Sun. except get more organized than I am now!

For some reason leaving for 18 days seems way more complicated than two weeks!!!

I'm hoping work is slow today and maybe I can leave at noon, also I have a dental issue that I need to call about, don't think I can just let it go!

It's pouring rain all of you east of me! I'm glad to see it, we need rain very badly!

Have a great day!

Susie
Old October 8th, 2004, 08:21 AM
VTJen

Another gorgeous day in Northern Vemont. Where I'm sitting typing I can see the sunlight bouncing of the golden leaves of my neighbor's trees. The temps will be in the 70's. Working from home today. Hope to get a lot done. My niece and her boyfriend are heading up from CT. They will be arriving in time for a late lunch - We will be going to a local restaurant for the Tomato Bisque, that they only make on Fridays fomr Oct - March.
It is the best tomato bisque, ever. In fact the niece talked her boyfriend into taking a day off from work just so she could have the bisque (I feel a little Sienfeld-ish as in the Soup Nazi episode). It is my niece's birthday and we may go on a family outing tomorrow to celebrate. We may travel down to Stowe (a ski town) and go to the what my sister likes to call the sample tour - Harrington Hams, then to Cabot Cheese, then off to Cold Hollow Cidar (because now you need a cidar sample because your thirsty after having the ham and cheese samples), then of course may have to head to Ben & Jerry's for ice cream samples. Will of course visit some of the charming shops. But plans are still up in the air. If not, I'll stay home and maybe scrapbook. That is if I get all my paperwork and house work done by 2 pm today. So I'd best get busy.

Hope you all have something special to look forward to this weekend,

VTJen
Sensation 2/2003
Majesty of the Seas 3/2004
Old October 8th, 2004, 08:24 AM
Admiral

Morning all from Montreal where it is supposed to be a glorious Indian Summer day again with a high of 22C (71F). My class is going to the park for a picnic lunch today, so that will be fun for a change. It will be a l-o-n-g time before we get a chance to do that again!!
Enjoyed my Pilates class last night - I really needed the stress relief this week. It helped relax me enough to get to sleep last night, but not enough to keep me asleep after 4:30a.m. I am looking forward to sleeping this weekend!

Happy Thanksgiving weekend to all the Canadian CruiseMates out there!

donna

Old October 8th, 2004, 08:34 AM
audrey

Well good morning everyone. Well I have been up since 4AM can't sleep for today I cruise. It is only the weekend cruise on the Monard but a cruise is a cruise and we are off to the port in about 6 hours. Since we are in LA we will keep the kids in school half day and off we go. So I can say I am cruiseing this weekend for sure.
Old October 8th, 2004, 08:49 AM
Jeanne&Ellis

Good Morning mates, Another nice day in SE Florida, I am going to buy some apples today and make a pie for DH. It will be our 29th anniversary this Sunday. Where does the time go?? Wishing everyone a happy day and great weekeend.

Jeanne

Old October 8th, 2004, 08:55 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Good Morning and TGIF!

Good morning from swfl.....I was up from 3am to about 430 am ...could not sleep. I am feeling kind of down and I think this must mean I have to book another cruise fast!?

Kids are at home today again..little one still has stomach issues and I won't even bother to try to move the 13 year old one.

Thinking to get my 1 hr massage today but maybe I do it next week. I asked my dh to please shampoo the rugs this weekend and he agreed to do it. This will take all weekend plus the sofa needs it too. The pool needs chemicals...in other words we will be doing stuff around the house all weekend. I need to get some weeds of the grass..busy busy

Lynne and Carol B did you ever post some pictures from your cruise or write a review?

Old October 8th, 2004, 09:52 AM
Admiral

Good Morning from the land of Finally wet ground..It is so nice to see the rain since it has been over 50 days. The fire danger has gone away now. The only problem is I have to put on hold all the things I had planned for today. We got back from the conference and there was a little surprise in the back yard. A pile of split wood. My BiL had cut up a bunch of wood and brought some down while we were gone.WHAT A GUY.!!..I am just going to watch the rain and thank the Good Lord for it. It does not bother me one bit.

I hope all of you have a great weekend coming up and please be safe in what ever you have planned.
Got to get that second cup of joe, so see ya later.

Old October 8th, 2004, 10:11 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Forecast is for sunshine again in Calgary, with temps in the low 70sF. And they've actually been right for most of the week, which is rare <G>

Because of the rare Oct weather, I'm going to take the afternoon off... for what else.. golf!

Had a miserable day at work yesterday, with a continuous run of plumbling problems. Turned out two pairs of ladies panties and a bra had been flushed down a toilet in the bar.

I asked the staff... And no one say a naked woman leaving the bar? <G>

Sorry ladies.... but it's an amazing phenomena. The women's washrooms are always much more problematic, and more of a mess, than the men's. You really need to learn to hold your liquor better.

Old October 8th, 2004, 10:26 AM
Admiral

Good morning from rainy WI. Like BJ, we really need this stuff, so I'm not complaining.

It's soooooo good to be getting back to normal. :-)

Have a good one everybody.

Phyll

Old October 8th, 2004, 11:10 AM
Cruizin K and J

Default Re: Re: Good Morning and TGIF!

Good morning from sunny Southern Califronia.

Today, I'll do the last load of ironing. Then start pack for Phoenix, then a manicure this p.m. We bought Keith a new piece of luggage yesterday, nicer than Hartman which we both have, but not nearly as pricey.

We fly out Saturday a.m., so I will not post probably until Wednesday morning. Temps will be in the high 90's in Phoenix

Have a good weekend, CM's. Talk to you mid-week.

Judy
Old October 8th, 2004, 11:59 AM
L&S80

Morning from the Pacific Northwest.......rain today........other then that looks like fall.....
still waiting on the mountain...........they know it's gonna do something but not sure what or when........
Hope y'all have a great Friday...............

Sharon
Old October 8th, 2004, 01:40 PM
Admiral

A late good morning from soggy wet Vancouver. I have been on a field trip with my oldest child on a Paddlewheeler(Hey!! I guess that is a cruise!!lol). It was late getting to dock and it was raining some. We sat inside due to the rain-plus they had to listen to the talk about the fraser River, etc. to do their schoolwork. The cuisine they sold was junk food-although I did see 1 kid have a hotdog!! I got to drive home, while they had to walk in the rain back to school about a 30-40 min.walk(?)
Happy Thanksgiving to RD, Kuki, and all the other Cdn.Cruisemates.Enjoy your day off.
We are off to my Mum's place(4 hr.drive)to clean out the house some more and then my husband will be driving the moving rental van thing back with some stuff for us and my sister who lives in Vancouver. Plus bring back a lot of yummy apples-Spartans &Red Delicious!
Sounds like some Cruisemates have cruises,yummy sample tours etc. to go to this weekend. Have fun!!
Take care. Bye for now. Brenda in soggy Vancouver