Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 10th, 2004, 01:48 PM
Passenger

Default RE:compensation for missed port

We are travelling on the Oct. 17th sailing of the Conquest from New Orleans. We are missing Grand Cayman.Just wondering what has been offered to my fellow cruisers for compensation for missing this port. Also, does anyone know what type of group has booked the ship for that sailing. Carnival being very secretive with me and my travel agent about this.

any help is great!!
Sponsored Links
Old October 10th, 2004, 01:57 PM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa
Default Re: RE:compensation for missed port

There is no compensation for missing a port.....the cruise line reserves the right to change or eliminate ports at any time. The only thing you are entitled to is a refund of the port charges. Sorry.

Edited to add: Unless the cruise line voluntarily offers something.....they are not required to do so.

Post Edited (10-11-04 00:19)
Old October 10th, 2004, 02:02 PM
Linda T.

Default Re: Re: RE:compensation for missed port

We were on the Sept 26th sailing of the Conquest and we were given $25.00 per person onboard credit. They gave us a letter as soon as we boarded the ship with the info.
Old October 10th, 2004, 03:00 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

What makes you think any particular group has booked this cruise? Just wondering..

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old October 10th, 2004, 11:04 PM
Passenger

I know the cruise was wide open when we booked and then all of a sudden it was sold out. So, I started inquiring about what group had purchased all the rooms.Nobody would say they told me to ask my travel agent. He was unable to find out and has now went to the Carnival rep. I was only curious because we travel with our children and some groups may not be appropriate for them. I've heard of a couple bad experiences with certain groups.
Old October 11th, 2004, 09:32 AM
Admiral

If you purchased a ships shore excursion you will be refunded for that. You will be refunded port charges & port taxes, but that's about it. You might get some shipboard credit, you might not.
Old October 12th, 2004, 01:19 PM
Yeoman

Not sure what groups would be "inappropriate" for your kids on a public cruise - But the cruise line doesn't have to tell you if or who has booked so many rooms.
You should get your port taxes credited to you but other than that, the cruise line is not required to compensate you in any way for the missed port. You agreed to that when you booked your cruise. Usually, if they have to miss a port, they have a lot of fun activities going on on board to make up for the port. We have missed a port before and had a blast on board with the trivia games, watching the water games and resting.